NSS - pls get more than 2 wreckers and interview the winning drivers over PA

Those were the two biggest annoyances of mine - i would have loved to hear the drivers interviewed and not wait a ridiculous amount of time to cleanup anything more than two disabled cars. Combine that with the cold and it might be better to have watched on the interweb than be there in person…for my crew that is $100 or so that would be missing…

Alas, the reason I stayed home last night… Takes forever to cleanup the simplest spins and forever to get going after an incident. Too cold and expensive to be miserable.

Dont get me wrong, had a good time and being there is a better view, but man that was frustrating.

I liked that they kept it moving, plus the film crew was doing the interviews… They woulda had to do two.

I didn’t think the wreckers took too long… Prolly just felt that way cause of the cold.

3 of us went last night and the crowd in the stands was pretty light, but it was cold as heck!

I think the clean-up time at NSS has been much slower than other tracks i go to. Maybe it’s the size of the place, it takes longer to get the equipment to and from the wreck site. Maybe, as i happen to believe, NSS needs to pry open that ultra tight budget of Robert Harts" and just bring in more, top level recovery and clean-up equipment.

Katlizzy, it wasnt so much the speed of the two they had but when you have 5-6 cars disabled the need for another one was pretty clear.

Matt , How many wreckers do you have at your track ?

Yes Matt, how many tow trucks does Desoto have. Year make and model please.

He was gonna get more wreckers for Desoto but he and Brian Williams were pinned down by small arms fire.:grinser010:

By coincidence, i have the same number of wreckers you do at your track.

By coincidence, i have the same number of wreckers you do at your track. And EZ doesn’t use wreckers at his track.

All i can tell you is they’re beautifully painted and lettered, virtually new, and they seem to get wrecks cleaned up in half the time of NSS.

I’m sure they appreciate you prancing around with your Pom-poms.

They certainly seem to.

This isn’t anything new, NSS has always taken forever on track cleanups.

I think a big factor is that the wreckers park outside the track at the entrance of turn 4. Most of the wrecks happen in turn 1/2, so once the wrecker finishes cleaning up the wreck, they have to drive or tow all the way back to turn 1 which adds an additional 2-3 caution laps. The buggy also seems to park there, and is very slow, so getting it back to turn 1 off the race track takes a LONG time.

At Stafford speedway the wreckers parked in the infield so no matter where the wreck took place they pulled off very quickly and the show resumed.

Hate to correct you Jbone but one wrecker is outside of turn 4, the other is at the end of pit road near turn 1. The wrecker in turn 4 will stay in the infield if they are ready to go back to racing and only returns to his normal spot if time allows.
It would be nice if both buggies were staffed and working for these big events, as well as bring in a few extra wreckers, not sure why they can’t.

[QUOTE=racnphotos68;155639]Hate to correct you Jbone but one wrecker is outside of turn 4, the other is at the end of pit road near turn 1. The wrecker in turn 4 will stay in the infield if they are ready to go back to racing and only returns to his normal spot if time allows.
It would be nice if both buggies were staffed and working for these big events, as well as bring in a few extra wreckers, not sure why they can’t.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the info, I usually sit near turn 4 so I never noticed that one parks outside turn 1. I have been trying to figure out lately what always takes them so long to clean up the wrecks.

Last time I was there (red eye) I noticed that wrecks were often cleaned up and everything seemed ready to resume but a tow truck or buggy was driving slow from turn 1/2 to the turn 4 entrance/exit and it took a long time for that to happen. Maybe there were other things going on I was unaware of