drifting

how the hell do you tell who wins , they don’t pass each other . dirt oval has been doing it forever, easy to tell who the winner is .

They get judged on all kinds of weird criteria. It’s entertaining to watch sometimes, and I put LARGE emphasis on SOMETIMES but I don’t even attempt to understand any of it.

I forget who it was that said they don’t do it much in Fla but the Nopi Nat’s (I guess a big deal in drifting) schedule came out and it includes 2 Showtime Events and 1 at 5 Flags.
http://nopinationals.com/

Easy, you have to be the bravest, holmes. :cool008:

[QUOTE=Lurkin;155726]I forget who it was that said they don’t do it much in Fla but the Nopi Nat’s (I guess a big deal in drifting) schedule came out and it includes 2 Showtime Events and 1 at 5 Flags.
http://nopinationals.com/[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Formula Drift which is essentially the Cup Series or F1 of Drifting, being at OSW.

Different strokes for different folks. Just because people here don’t like it, doesn’t mean it isn’t a big thing. Sad fact is, it’s more popular than oval track right now. We need to change that! :ernaehrung004:

It’s just like figure skating on ice, but makes less sense. It’s all about form.

Don’t forget the smell of the boiling Falkens!

Well…

I think you can consider Drifting the “Soccer” of motorsports .
Makes no sense to us race fans .
They slide around for 90 minutes and at the end it’s still a 0 to 0 tie . :sport009:

[QUOTE=BVS40FL;155761]I think you can consider Drifting the “Soccer” of motorsports .
Makes no sense to us race fans .
They slide around for 90 minutes and at the end it’s still a 0 to 0 tie . :sport009:[/QUOTE]

I like that analogy lol I only enjoy it because of the smell of burning rubber, hoping to see them run into each other and the sound of the engines. 4cyls, 6cyls, v8s, v10s, turbos, superchargers, etc. All kinds of cool sounds. Even rotaries sometimes haha

I agree with some of Phils sentiments: “I…enjoy it because of the smell of burning rubber, hoping to see them run into each other…”

Regarding the soccer analogy, try “the worlds funniest home videos” for a matchup.
The “contestants” are kind of goofy and kind of funny, and in the end they semi-arbitarily determine a “winner”.