NASCAR gets closer, and then.......

I never thought i’d say i enjoyed a NASCAR race from California Speedway, but yesterday’s Cup race was pretty good. Good fight for the lead among several cars, 4 and 5 wide racing, passing throughout the field. Harvick going for 3 in a row, Kurt back and looking racy.
But then NASCAR steps in and messes it up. First, let’s get over this " out of control tire on pit road " nonsense. Several good teams got caught with this rule, but in all but one case the tires sure looked in control to me.
NASCAR is famous for throwing caution flags for the slightest reason. A car just begins to spin and the yellow is out in a second. The tiniest piece of debris ( real or make believe ) and the yellow comes out instantly. Racing back to the caution was outlawed years ago. Yet Sunday we had the curious case of Biffle spinning, hitting the wall, spreading real debris, and stopping sideways in the middle of the track. Yet there was no caution flag, even when he was stopped for some time.
Was NASCAR trying to manipulate the outcome, an " Anyone but Kurt " finish?

And that very thing, the throwing of the yellow periodically during the race. allows for those dimwits in the booth to state over and over and over — there’s “X” number of cars on the lead lap. Usually most of the field. If they’re on the track, most of them can’t help but be on the same lap with the frequency of cautions.

I try to avoid the conspiracy theory that it’s to favor this guy or that, but some folks seem to think it’s so ----- and maybe they’re right in some cases.

Darrell’s hair has been apparently transplanted from a TV televangelist…

His sense of urgency as well.

I think the yellows are to some extent contrived so that the fans won’t head for the house after lap 50.

I don’t think they wanted Kurt not to win, but I have noticed that the green seems to stay out if “june bug” is up front.

Wit NASCARS lucky dog and wave around it is a wonder that all cars running aren’t on the lead lap. I have finally perfected a way to enjoy the telecasts again. I simply watch the first 5 to 10 laps. I then turn on my remote headset and reconnect 45 minutes before the scheduled conclusion and listen until I feel they are going to begin throwing cautions. This has produced good results since Daytona. The only down side is I miss my Sunday afternoon nap.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;157089]Darrell’s hair has been apparently transplanted from a TV televangelist…

His sense of urgency as well.

I think the yellows are to some extent contrived so that the fans won’t head for the house after lap 50.

I don’t think they wanted Kurt not to win, but I have noticed that the green seems to stay out if “june bug” is up front.[/QUOTE]

If both Waltrips found something else to do in life that didn’t include me having to look at or listen to them, i wouldn’t hurt my feelings at all.
Sure would have been embarrassing for NASCAR having banned the guy, then get proven wrong, they don’t really apologize, then he wins.

[QUOTE=Shiloh64;157083]And that very thing, the throwing of the yellow periodically during the race. allows for those dimwits in the booth to state over and over and over — there’s “X” number of cars on the lead lap. Usually most of the field. If they’re on the track, most of them can’t help but be on the same lap with the frequency of cautions.

I try to avoid the conspiracy theory that it’s to favor this guy or that, but some folks seem to think it’s so ----- and maybe they’re right in some cases.[/QUOTE]

My favorite, especially during the Chase, is hearing this phrase 100 times per broadcast , " if the race were to end now ".

Never known 'em to apologize at all.

Did someone apologize to Kurt for NASCAR grovelling at the court of political correctness and banning–then reinstating-- him based on the whim of the court “system”, as opposed to their own judgment?