Oorlando Speedworld Sunday 3/29/15

FREE ADMISSION SUNDAY FOR STOCK CAR RACING AT ORLANDO SPEEDWORLD

Orlando SpeedWorld returns to action this week with an interesting race program that will be held on Sunday afternoon along with free grandstand admission for spectators. Rather than charge an admission at the gate, each car/truck/van/bus/motorcycle entering the parking lot will be charged $5.00 whether there is one person in the vehicle or ten (or more) in it. The idea is to attract people to the facility who have never been there along with giving long-time fans a chance to see the action they love at a very reduced rate.
For the stock car racing enthusiasts, there will be racing in the E-Modified, Sportsman and Strictly Stock classes. For the “old timers” there will be antique stock car racers competing plus there will be a tandem “drifting” demonstration on top of all the race action.
The E-Modified and Sportsman classes will run for $400 to win in each feature race while the Strictly Stock classes will run only for trophies although sponsors will be sought from the fans in attendance to put together a purse for the “little guys.” “All in all, we want to put a fun show together, give people a chance to see the facility without busting their wallet, and try something that has not been done in awhile - a race on a Sunday afternoon,” says Track Manager Donnie Vivier. Vivier is hoping the race teams will come out, support the track and put on a good show that the fans will want to come back and see. “This will be a very big test and will help determine the course we will take with Orlando SpeedWorld in 2015,” say Vivier.
The E-Modified class was dropped at New Smyrna Speedway for the 2015 season so many drivers are looking at this race day to get their “fix,” so to speak, and a good field is expected to be on hand. The Sportsman class, that has had 19 car fields at New Smyrna the first two weeks, is off this Saturday night at the Samsula track and SpeedWorld officials are hoping that will also attract a big field of those racers.
Pit gates will open Sunday morning at 10 am with practice beginning at 11 am. Grandstand gates will open at noon and racing begins at 1 pm. A cold front that will pass through Central Florida on Friday night is expected to hold afternoon temperatures in the lower 70s for Sunday meaning it will be a comfortable day to watch some great racing at Orlando SpeedWorld.

Racers… this is your chance to make a difference and keep OSW going for the rest of the year… The spectator count should be pretty good as there are a number of folks that have been getting the word out… You E-Mods have a chance to actually race and Sportsman are off Saturday at NSS so we need you guys to come out and support this show… The payout is not huge but at least you’ve got it and we’ll try and get some sponsors for you Strictly Stock drivers too… If we have a good crowd that should not be a problem… Let’s have some fun on Sunday… Here are the payouts for the Sportsman and E-Mods:

Sportsman Payout
1 - 400
2 - 250
3 - 175
4 - 125
5 - 100
6 - 75
7 - 60
8 - 50
9 - 40
Thru the field - 25
E-Mod Payout
1 - 400
2 - 250
3 - 175
4 - 125
5 - 100
6 - 75
7 - 60
8 - 50
9 - 40
Thru the field - 25

Osw

Sure, man. We’ll be there in force again. Looking forward to a rare Sunday Afternoon Show. r.

I wish I had a stock car…

It will be a fun day!

Just remove the wing and bolt a Fiat 500 body in it’s place.

We’ll go with “Abarth Type R

(I hear they have lax rules at OSW right now)

Lets get started! Bring the duct tape and tie wraps!

You makin’ the famous Speedworld scene?

Pretty fair chance I will be there, sitting in the “XL” section.

Yeah, my son and I are going. If we can find a parking place.

I’m parking at the corner of 419 and getting the shuttle there

That there is funny!

Am thinking about parking out by 50 & trying to ride into the parking lot with someone else…

You guys are confusing the oval track with the drag strip that has traffic backed up on 50 waiting to get in today

Wow, that is amazing Kendo! I really think it is because drag racing is so “run whatcha brung”