Desoto Super Race

According to the New Smyrna web site Saturdays race at Desoto is now a non points event.

as of now it will be Desoto points and same payout

So much for tracks working together.

I see " Bright House Officials " mentioned several times in that announcement. Since there is no such thing, i’d guess it was Robert Hart or his office staff.
I’m starting to understand why no other track ever aligns with NSS. It looks like good news for any driver suspended from any track in the state though. " Screw the other tracks and their suspensions and penalties, you’ll always be welcome at NSS ".

integrity?

Who are the Bright House Series officials? One would assume they are the owners of New Smyrna Speedway?

So lets read between the lines, Desoto bares two drivers for actions that are detrimental to stock car racing (07 fighting, for the 100th time, 47 for entering another racers pit and taking his wheels off and disrespect to track officials) Ironically, these two were involved in an all out fight with each other at ShowTime last year, punches were exchanged.

Yoho, mocks Desoto for the penalties, and now the Bright House officials (NSS staff) do the same thing?

Major black eye for the integrity of Late model racing in Florida, good job guys. As usual, just my two cents, Vince P.

[QUOTE=turnleft;157843]Who are the Bright House Series officials? One would assume they are the owners of New Smyrna Speedway?

So lets read between the lines, Desoto bares two drivers for actions that are detrimental to stock car racing (07 fighting, for the 100th time, 47 for entering another racers pit and taking his wheels off and disrespect to track officials) Ironically, these two were involved in an all out fight with each other at ShowTime last year, punches were exchanged.

Yoho, mocks Desoto for the penalties, and now the Bright House officials (NSS staff) do the same thing?

Major black eye for the integrity of Late model racing in Florida, good job guys. As usual, just my two cents, Vince P.[/QUOTE] I dont beleive that its about the 07 or 47. Rebember the 30 car driver got the boot also.You must never leave out a Bright House Series top runner.

From my understanding the 30 car is only bared for the next Desoto regular points night in May. I was told the 07 and 47 are bared for the rest of the year, which I will now assume that all of the remaining Bright House races at Desoto are going to be none points races, for the “integrity” of the series?

Reading between the lines again, NSS is groping for cars bad, I believe they had 9 cars there first night in the Super 50 lapper. Which is the lowest Super car count in the state, year to date. NSS or the Bright House Officials have crossed the ethical line on this call in my opinion. And what about all the racers who are going to Desoto on Sat. to run for points?

Just my two cents… Vince

All three the 30,47,07 were punished equally being fined, and suspended for the next Desoto race. After rendering the punishment they changed and decided to bar 07 and 47 the rest of the year. That essentially took those two out of the Bright House points race. If your going to render a penalty stick with it there needs to be consistency. Props to NSS for defending what they think is right.

4 cars were fined $500 and suspended 1 non brighthouse race at desoto and probation for the year (07 for fighting) (30 for running into 07 under yellow and fighting) (47 for removing lugnuts on 5 car) (5 car for running into 47 under yellow) two weeks later desoto calls 07 and 47 and bars both drivers for the year and lifts 30 and 5 cars penaltys after they say they talked to steve dorer and he said he would bring three cars if they bared them there is no doubt 07 is a passionate racer (understatement) but the right thing to do is stick with your first decision and with them on probation for the year first slip up toss em for the year just a black eye for desoto

Maybe someone could take this from the top.

I think the 07 put the 30 in the wall at Desoto and lots of fun ensued, apparently with a one race suspension of the 30 & more for the 07.

What does NSS have to do with any of that?

i beleive 07 and 47 are 1st and 2nd in brighthouse points and nss owns brighthouse series

NSS has everything to do with this decision. This is a points race and effectively took two cars out of contention. This was after they had rendered a penalty, and even published it on their FB. Another racer that’s not even involved complains so they change their mind. I guess double jeopardy doesn’t matter at Desoto. I’m taking my $ to Showtime and support Devin McLeod this weekend. The 30 got spun no doubt, but his actions were just as egregious so there should be parity in the penalties. I have always liked Jesse but what’s fair is fair.

NSS is involved because the Brighthouse Series is their deal. By Desoto barring the 07 and the 47 the rest of the year that means Desoto Brighthouse races too. Apparently NSS is a-ok with a maniac like the 07 competing at their racetrack since, you know, he hasn’t had a meltdown there YET. Hopefully he doesn’t because the shenanigans he pulls could get someone killed at NSS. It at least appears that NSS and Desoto don’t see eye to eye on this deal and have pulled the plug on the Brighthouse races at Desoto.

It’s really unfortunate because these are the two tracks I like to run and really enjoy how I’m treated by the staff at both places and now it looks like they won’t be working together. There were some conflicts between their Sportsman schedules that I was trying to work out with them at the beginning of the year. With Critter gone from Desoto and now this news, it looks like that’s not going to happen. That means the points will keep me at Desoto all year. It’s too bad because I enjoy the racing and the people equally at both places. Scofield wins, I lose.

the beauty (?) of NASCAR

You know, some folks (particularly F1 folks) spend every day hatin’ on NASCAR for something or other, but this deal points out why they are effective.

All the tracks run one set of rules and one schedule and their opinion per se is input to NASCAR, not the end all.

Imagine where Cup would be if there were no NASCAR (& no one to fill the void).

With all their faults, they avoid this type of thing.

Reading crap like this makes me all the happier we decided to get away from the abortion that is pavement racing in Florida (I don’t consider Pensacola “Florida” racing, since they actually know what they are doing) and switch everything over to a dirt LM program.

Additionally, this points up two things:

>Any sentence that includes the words “They all need to…” is an effort in futility, if not silliness.

>At the risk of contradicting my own point above (:D) each track must build it’s own base of cars, pretty much how it has always been. And a lot of low dollar cars ensure liquidity. Everything else is just…talk.

Dirt is good, fun to watch, and fun to drive, also the tire bill is cheaper.

But man it looks rough on equipment. The motor loading and unloading, same with the tranny, u joints, and rear end… All the suspension points beating themselves to death, and the frame flex…

Additionally, “sheet metal” is a frequent replacement, and it appears that on top of all that there is frequent suspension and/or motor improvements that are ongoing if you want to keep up.

Further, it appears that there is about 2 hours of pressure washing required to find the car after an event.

Ever seen a used dirt car? They are not only used, but pretty much used up.

Finally, if you prefer the sideways racing, great. If you prefer the more precise asphalt style but are racing dirt to avoid the politics, that is another tradeoff.

Nothing against dirt, but it is not the end all to short track racing issues, IMO.

I don’t disagree with you. Don’t get me wrong, I like pavement racing. In fact, I prefer it. BUT, the sad state of pavement LM racing in this area was the biggest reason for our decision to make a change. We are 4 races into the season and I can assure you we have spent far less to this point than we would have had we been racing pavement. We have one wheel mark on the car, and not because we aren’t racing close, but because we are racing against guys who have as much respect for your equipment as theirs. I’m not saying dirt racing doesn’t have the Scofields of the world in it, but so far in the series we are running we certainly haven’t seen any indication that one exists. We haven’t raced against less than 20 cars. We are NEVER required to buy tires or fuel from the track and we are buying far fewer tires. Oh, and the all important thing in all of this is that we are having FUN!

Big Block (if it is a chevy, man I could not get those things to stay together…) a question for you.

IF a form of the low dollar “affordable Late Model” similar to what has been proposed (6-8K motor, 8" tire, no advantage to spending money) with fields of 15-20 cars were running, would you consider coming back?

(Scofield is still in the field…)

ps–am sincerely glad you are having fun.

Dirt’s fer farmin’…:stuck_out_tongue: