Racing isnt dead in Florida

Being sick and watching on FB VSP had 109 cars track record.PUTNAM had a massive showing going by pictures of the crowd and pits.NFS I havent seen any results yet.But for a Sat. and these 3 tracks within 2 hrs of each other more than likely had up to 200 cars racin,not to mention FMSA had 17 cars at HENDRY in S. Florida most are from central Florida area. J/S these dirt tracks have something going on and a brotherhood I havent seen as strong in a long time. Racing is a business maybe some other owners should take notice.Uniform Rules packages,money races spread threw out the year,Fun times had by all Is what im seeing…

Rob

VSP Tonight

VSP had some good racing tonight , 33 late models , 40 thunderstocks , 16 hobbystocks , 10 limited lates , 10 4cyl bumble bees , and a $ 1300.00 50/50 raffle .

Preaching to deaf ears.
Head in the sand and cant see the forest for the trees.
I was at VSP a few weeks ago and it wasent any thing special just old southern style stock car racing and everyone was having fun…that is a new idea…lol

Don62

[QUOTE=rhinoracing11;158590]Being sick and watching on FB VSP had 109 cars track record…Uniform Rules packages,money races spread threw out the year,Fun times had by all Is what im seeing…

Rob[/QUOTE]

Car counts down about 10% to 96 Saturday,:dry:

You ashplat folks may want to check this racing out…40 attempted to qualify for 28 spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF_tRyzQuWc&feature=share

Another great show at VSP. …

WE’LL worth admission price ($12 + 5 for drive-in parking)

The people at Volusia seem to treat everyone fairly, and with respect. It’s a friendly atmosphere and they focus on their racing, not on what others are doing. This weekend they’ll have the Top Gun Sprint cars and next weekend, they’re racing thunderstocks for $10,000 to win. That’s nearly an unheard of purse for this class in Florida. I think Ken Kinney tried it at Hendry County last fall with mixed results. I think he was fighting the weather, if I remember correctly, as well as a track located far away from many. I suspect Volusia will have a huge car count for this race and I suspect some of the racing will be crazy.

food

the food is always good at VSP ------------- I went to an asphalt track a couple weeks ago when VSP was rained out ,hamburger , fries ,bottle water was $3.00 more at asphalt track , and NOT so good.

This is the best racing in Florida right now,3 & 4 wide racing,3 wide for the win at the checkers

:auto003::auto003::auto003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGIZVb9OTEQ&feature=share

Volusia seems to be one of the big success stories in Florida racing. It wasn’t too long ago that the place was overgrown with weeds. They seem to be making steady improvement in the track itself, and in bringing people out to the track. Last time i was over there i saw a good show. It seems like the cars come from all over too. That means they must be doing something right.