Big Weekend at Daytona - The Daytona Classic

A beautiful weekend is forthcoming so check out the racing, it’s even free! Wander the track and garage and maybe even check out those “injectors!” See Daytona rising.

There are 429 cars pre-entered racing for trophies and glory…not money. That’s 429 race cars! Many are very high dollar cars that are racing for the “sport” of it. No whining here. Formula cars to stock cars, miatas to vintage corvettes…something for everyone.

Action begins early Saturday AM with the schedule running through Sunday afternoon. You’ll be done in time to watch the last 30 laps at Talladega. LOL :ernaehrung004:

Is there a mandatory tire & fuel purchase? :smiley:

Not mandatory, just common sense so you don’t run out…most do these purchases away from the track. :natur008:

I’m told there isn’t. Imagine that, racers being free to spend money or not spend money. That difference in the racing business model might partly explain the expected car count at Daytona vs. the car count any time at NSS.

I do hope you know I was kidding. :ernaehrung004:

I knew that, just wasn’t sure of the peanut gallery.

BTW, entry fee = $250.00

These folks just love to race.

Wait a minute…what about the guys who show up with antique Monte Carlos? You know, the flat black, mangled looking POS cars, THEY have to still get paid, right? That is just how it is in circle track racing.

Yes, but will there be drifting there? I have heard they are so nice and polite and dont complain about anything. :slight_smile:

In all seriousness - this is a great event to take in. Not sure if this one is affiliated with the HSR group but that one was awesome. Up close and personal to so many cool rides.

Now that is the funny quote of the month!! :ernaehrung004:

Now that is the funny quote of the month!! :ernaehrung004:

Generally, drifting at Daytona is followed by a “thud”.:dry:

Re: Mangled Montes:

I hear that is an Earnhardt Sr. rare unrestored example.

With yellow patina (from Geoffry Bodine’s Hendrick Monte Carlo).

[QUOTE=bubba;158706]Yes, but will there be drifting there? I have heard they are so nice and polite and dont complain about anything. :slight_smile:

In all seriousness - this is a great event to take in. Not sure if this one is affiliated with the HSR group but that one was awesome. Up close and personal to so many cool rides.[/QUOTE]

No, this is an SCCA event. Still loads of fun, and lots of neat cars, a little more grass roots than HSR, but still probably no flat black 1983 Monte Carlos, lol

" Imagine that, racers being free to spend money or not spend money. That difference in the racing business model might partly explain the expected car count at Daytona vs. the car count any time at NSS."–Mal Be

Really…?

Another new class! School bus racing, that is, the Short bus. Tires (that is, any tires…) optional.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;158715]" Imagine that, racers being free to spend money or not spend money. That difference in the racing business model might partly explain the expected car count at Daytona vs. the car count any time at NSS."–Mal Be

Really…?

Another new class! School bus racing, that is, the Short bus. Tires (that is, any tires…) optional.[/QUOTE]

Yes…really.
I’m afraid i can’t comment on that last “thought” of yours. I’m going to have to try to decode it first.