Question for Mod teams

how many mod guys from citrus, Desoto or showtime are going to race on the 750 tire? Lets make this clear…im not trying to discourage supporting any track…but im curious as to how many of the mod guys I race with are going to buy a new set of tires to race a different track ?? I want to see how this tire change is affecting the mod class…how its dividing the class and keeping people from going to a different track vrs letting them sit ?

Our last race at NSS was all on the 750 tire. Have not heard any complaints being we are all on the same tire now. Same drivers up front with the bigger motors… The tires do last longer on the big track for MODS. I am hearing that at Bronson they don’t wear so good on the heavier cars though.
-JIM-

R750 tires

Doug I went to auburndale for the first mod race.
Baught 4 tires and time trialed and raced them
hard for 50 laps. I’m going back Saturday for another
50 lapper and will be running the same tires, they
are by far the best treaded tire we’ve had. I ran the
same lap times the last 5 laps as the first 5 laps.
when you get the car out of shape the tires still have
the same grip at the next end of the track. I’ll let
you know how I make out. Herb

thanks Herb

but my point is how many cars would have raced if they didn’t have to buy a completely different set of tires…its really gonna hurt the mod class for some tracks. how many cars would have raced A dale that ran showtime this past weekend ?

Jim

[QUOTE=ocalasp76;159355]Our last race at NSS was all on the 750 tire. Have not heard any complaints being we are all on the same tire now. Same drivers up front with the bigger motors… The tires do last longer on the big track for MODS. I am hearing that at Bronson they don’t wear so good on the heavier cars though.
-JIM-[/QUOTE]

Have you ran on the F-53 slick ? If so how do you think they compare ? Cheaper ? Last longer ?

I would probably race Auburndale this weekend if we could just buy 2 tires…

The first night this season at NSS Moxley had a set of both the F-53 and the 750. The slick was faster by about 4/10 than the 750 stickers, however, the 750 actually comes in better after about 30 laps breakin. If all are on the same tire it’s a wash. The 4th race had the winner on slicks and 2nd on the 750, but a few more laps might have seen a win on the 750. Very close race. I’m getting 4 races on the right and have 6 races on the left showing a little wear. They punch 5/32 new. My lefts are just showing under 4 right now. One more race on them. 4 races on the rights have them at 3. All 25 lap races, plus at least 20 practice and a heat race each night. Cost of the tires are the same… As an e-mod last season, we did not run the F-53.
-JIM-

R750 2nd night racing

Ok Doug here’s what happened. There were 12 mods. I ran 3 of the tires from the previous 50 lapper, had to put a RR on. Didn’t want to but all the tires were flat spotted , from sliding down the backstretch on the last lap. That tire was flat thru the grooves. The 7 and 9 were tied for fast time at 14.04, Travis Roland and I were 3rd and 4th tied at 14.22. the rest of the cars ran 14.40-14.60 with New Tires. The last race a qualified 5th at 14.35.
The 1st race my timer had 14.20’s start to finish. This race was the same times I finished 3rd.

76 owm R750

Doug, We ran both races at Auburndale with the same tires. The first night set fast time at 14.25 finished second. This last sat. night 5th fast at 14.30 finished 4th. We could use the tires a third night but we need spares, so we will by 3 for the next race. FYI $500 a set pay out window $900 for two races.
jimmy wilkins

All OWM’s 50 laps $1000.00 to Win and $100.00 to start.

[SIZE=“4”]Come race in front of a PACKED house at Desoto Speedway on June 6th. No other asphalt OWM’s racing in the State of Florida. $1000.00 to WIN and $100.00 to start. Call or write if your coming. The pits are going to be full, full, full!!! We have 37 Trucks so far and expect more. Wanting to have all the Mods lined up in one line of slabs. We are shooting a pilot video for “REV TV” come be part of the future “Real Racers turn Left”. Call Linda 941-748-3171 for your slab or me at 813-817-RACE (7223) for anything else. Thanks for supporting “The Palace of SPEED” Desoto Speedway! Remember a positive makes a positive! [/SIZE]
:auto003::auto003::auto003::auto003:
:aktion033:

Real racers turn left…and left and right! :ernaehrung004:

jacko241 Thanks!!!

[SIZE=“5”]Your right!!! But thanks for your comment (it means your thinking about it).[/SIZE]
:ernaehrung004:

“Real racers turn left…and left and right!”--Jacko

I think I understand… In the event that the car is very loose and/or there is an offending LR quarter panel over there…one may need to turn right occasionally.

Don’t put words in my mouth! :smiley: