Auburndale 50 lap OWM

May 30
50 Lap
1000 to Win
R750 Tire
We are going to offer the R750 tire to all Open wheel drivers for this weekend only at $110.00 each that is with tax included . Rex is willing to take the loss of revenue on tires to try to get more OWM drivers to try these tires and give then a chance .You will be able to purchase up to 4 tires at that price . The only requirement is you race the tires that night.
Tires can only be purchased at the track on the 30th.
Thank you Critter. Hope to see you Saturday.

Just wondering who is showing interest in trying out the R750 tire this weekend with the Open Wheels . There’s nowhere else to go come on out give them a try !
Thank you Critter.

R750

[QUOTE=critter;159980]Just wondering who is showing interest in trying out the R750 tire this weekend with the Open Wheels . There’s nowhere else to go come on out give them a try !
Thank you Critter.[/QUOTE]

We’ll be there Critter.

[QUOTE=critter;159980]Just wondering who is showing interest in trying out the R750 tire this weekend with the Open Wheels . There’s nowhere else to go come on out give them a try !
Thank you Critter.[/QUOTE]
We have been using the R750 tire at NSS this year. All the MODs seem happy with it. I am too. Just sayin’…
-JIM-

We also are on that tire at Auburndale but there are a lot of Open wheel racers that have not raced on them . just trying to get them to try them out .

We have raced the tire on a sportsman and open wheel and really like the 750 tire.

Jim

[QUOTE=ocalasp76;159997]We have been using the R750 tire at NSS this year. All the MODs seem happy with it. I am too. Just sayin’…
-JIM-[/QUOTE]

Please don’t go there. Maybe the guys at NSS. I hope Auburndale has a great turnout.

I think it’s funny. The only people who don’t like this tire are the people who haven’t raced on it. Lol!

Hmmm

Mr. Garrity,

You see if you would have read my past threads that I have raced on the 450/650 tire. That was a few years back when they shoved them down our throats a lot like they are trying to do know. Yes I know that they are different. I get that and have been told this by people I race and respect.

I also raced them in a sportsman. And I will tell you that the 3000 pound sportsman was ok with them. Now lets talk about a car that can dam near turn late model times. A modified. 2500 pounds. 7 pound per cubic inch open motor.

My problem is that we have a good racing tire. A tire that my class wanted back. We finally got off the unforgiving treaded tires. And every track went to the same tire. The car counts went up. the racing got better. when we went to the tire we were told cheaper and last longer…that was B.S.

The tire made some of us lethal weapons which in turn tore up more cars and even worse turned the racing into follow the leader in most cases. People don’t want to see follow the leader …people want hard side by side racing…passing on the outside and not a caution every 2 laps.

Finally I will say again that this tire is driving a wedge in our class because the guys aren’t going to run two sets of tires and change set up from track to track…its just too dam expensive. So again Mr. Garrity when I say thing about this tire its from experience. I probably have purchased 50.000 dollars worth of tires in the last 5 years’

I say we have a F-53 vrs 750 race at ShowTime speedway in the modified class. I will pay a 500 dollar bonus to any driver who can win on the 750’s. So im putting my money where my mouth is…

Hell

We can even run twin 30’s since they get so much better after you run them…lol…lol. I will pay 300 bonus for each race if you can win on the 750s…Just sayin

I have raced on the 650/450 and the R750 (and the F53 for that matter). They turn similar lap times but that’s where the similarities end. The R750 doesn’t fall off like the 650/450. Lap times stay consistant. You have not raced on the R750 so I’m not sure how you can be so critical of it. That’s what Critter and Rex are trying to do here. Sell the tire at cost and let the racers decide. No one who has actually raced on this tire says bad things about it. Maybe guys like you and Mr Jefferson have the big bucks and have no problem buying 4 tires a night to let their big motors eat but not everyone (even in your class) is that fortunate. Look, I agree that splitting your class onto two different tires divides everyone. But if you are committed to buying four a night what’s the difference? You guys have spoken and CCS, Showtime and Desoto have stayed on the F53. Critter is just saying “here they are, buy 4 at cost and you decide”. No one is trying to say that the R750 is as fast as the F53. They are definitely slower on the watch. But, unlike the 650/450 the car is not out of control on a long run. Many OWM drivers compare them to the Good Year, which had good grip and lasted. Instead of slamming this tire without trying it why not wait and see what Devin has to say about it? No one is forcing you to run on it. The two best OWM tracks are still on your beloved F53. But instead of criticizing this tire and causing a rift (and hurting racing) either try it or just run where they don’t mandate it? You’re comments are not going to change the mindset at Adale or New Smyrna with you having never run on them so why bother?

I just got off the phone the Herb Neumann and he had nothing but praise for the R750. For me, it’s not that I don’t want to try it, but it’s the fact that it’s tough (and quite frankly a pain in the butt) to switch back and forth between tires.

Personally, I would like to have the tire that lasts longer (and from what I hear this R750 is unlike any other) but I would MUCH RATHER have all of the tracks on the same tire. Rumor has it that the F-53 is no longer in production, so soon we might not have much of a choice as to what we’re going to run. If you guys would like I can give you my opinion of the tire early next week…I think I’ll have a good feel because we are getting some used tires to practice on and then we are bolting on 4 for the race.

It’s great what Auburndale is doing to try to get us racers there…and that’s actually the only reason that we are going. I’m expecting some good cars there and hoping that these tires don’t change my car too much…

Now here’s a interesting debate. Scott, who rarely races, debating tires with Doug, who is or was in another country and hasn’t been racing. Neither is a tire expert, but each feel they can save racing by just getting everybody on the right tire.
Tire choice has nothing at all to do with car counts. Fields were big with slicks and with airplane tires. Over the past 5 years, fields have dropped considerably with both slicks and airplane tires.
How about this…tracks just get out of the tire business and let the racers use either tire. Just like racers can use any brand of cam, or any brand of header, or any brand ( or type ) of motor oil. Racers can purchase tires without the track’s help. If one tire is better, or cheaper, most of the racers will use it.

A big thumbs up for Rex @ Auburndale

“[Auburndale is] going to offer the R750 tire to all Open wheel drivers for this weekend only at $110.00 each that is with tax included . Rex is willing to take the loss of revenue on tires to try to get more OWM drivers to try these tires and give then a chance .You will be able to purchase up to 4 tires at that price . The only requirement is you race the tires that night.”–Critter

I will assume that is a significant discount.

Folks complain about Auburndale when things go badly (myself included), but this is a class move.

Thx in behalf of the paying (but not typing) racers, Auburndale.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;160048]"[Auburndale is] going to offer the R750 tire to all Open wheel drivers for this weekend only at $110.00 each that is with tax included . Rex is willing to take the loss of revenue on tires to try to get more OWM drivers to try these tires and give then a chance .You will be able to purchase up to 4 tires at that price . The only requirement is you race the tires that night."–Critter

I will assume that is a significant discount.

Folks complain about Auburndale when things go badly (myself included), but this is a class move.

Thx in behalf of the paying (but not typing) racers, Auburndale.[/QUOTE]

Tires are normally between $510-$520 a set, depending on who you buy them from.

Doug you and I have had this conversation before the problem with the f53 tire is there is a 3-4 tenth drop from new to used therefore forcing guys who really cant afford tires to purchase them just to keep up or have a fighting chance with this new tire there is very little drop off maybe a tenth with that being said you can compete & be competitive on a used set of tires therefore saving the racer money .
Thanks Critter

LOl

me and Jefferson…big money lol. Hmmm lets see. first of all let me say this. The classy move is definitely by my friend critter. he knows the issues and he is trying to get cars at the track he is at. And I agree completely that knocking 15 dollars a tire off is a good thing. its also smart. Now as for whoever you are Albee. I have only been out of the country for three months. raced and won before I left and will be racing the first race I get home in June…Actually if my plane came in a little earlier I would be racing the 13 th. And you can bet your sweet ass im passionate about my beloved tire.

I have given this class and Florida racing everything that I could for the last ten years. I don’t hurt racing I support it.

I already spoke about people I race and respect in my post…AKA Herb. And I been told they are good…but herb is good. herb was one of the fastest cars out there on the shit.airplane tires…or maybe his son but they are a team.

And old-school…the only reason im on a key board ( typing ) is I cant reach my steering wheel yet…soon enough.

I tell you what

[QUOTE=critter;160050]Doug you and I have had this conversation before the problem with the f53 tire is there is a 3-4 tenth drop from new to used therefore forcing guys who really cant afford tires to purchase them just to keep up or have a fighting chance with this new tire there is very little drop off maybe a tenth with that being said you can compete & be competitive on a used set of tires therefore saving the racer money .
Thanks Critter[/QUOTE]

Since I have a lot of respect for you…When I come home I will come race at A dale and see what they are about…Like I said earlier. I hope you have a great car count and a good race… but my friend I respectfully disagree with you.

can I run 2 race old slicks ??? against the 750 ??? just asking

Yo, 53, did not mean to be derogatory.

Simply meant–many are working on their job to glean a few extra bucks to go racing or out in the garage until 2am and don’t have the time or the inclination to yak here, but I am thinking many will be appreciative.

Looking forward to seeing you run upon your return. Hoosiers or Pirellis, it’s all good for me.

Devin

I would love your input and a small race report of the night. I respect your thoughts and your opinion. like I said Herb gave me his too. guess im that guy who hates change and been through the exact situation in this class not so many years ago. I can pick up 2 to 3 tenths with new tires…just like with the 450/650. So yes im very critical. Guys were changing their cams to make them work.