Yoho taking over

Yoho said he is going to take over the lease for citrus and is going after Desoto. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

That, and he plans on having 2 Sprint Cup dates per track.

Tonka–straight up, you heard that first hand?

I’d be much more inclined to believe the Fair Board.

Am thinking the most expensive part of the acquisitions will be Yoho’s expense to clone himself–twice.

He told everyone at that he is trying to take over at last week’s drivers meeting.

At the drivers meeting Saturday. Pretty first hand I would say.

Please send him down to Punta Gorda to, then he can have a “Monopoly” on asphalt tracks in the state and of Florida! Just someone with common sense.

Pretty much a pipe dream. Gary holds the lease until 2017. As long as he pays the rent it’s still his. As far as Desoto is concerned Denny owns that and after talking to him, I’m pretty convinced he’s in it for the long haul. Now Punta Gorda, on the other hand, seems like it will be there for the taking pretty soon…

Thank you all for sharing the drivers meeting source.

Sometimes folks speak in jest (never me, of course :anim_pound:).

Could be a good thing, IMO. Uniform rules, uniform tech, uniform track calls, uniform expectations, uniform pit entry.

Does anyone know if or when the lease expires at Showtime? Does the government still have future plans for the property?

Pretty smart if he can pull it off, assuming he really wants to be in this business…just ask Bruton Smith or ISC…less market conflict.
I would be picking up pieces too!

If I remember correctly, the lease at Showtime expires in 2017 (or whenever the DOT decides to build a road through it) and he pays something like 16,000 a month for the lease…

A few months back, he posted a video with the plans that included keeping the race track open. They were basically building the roadways and ponds around it.

showtime lease

we were told at drivers meeting saturday by yoho himself that he has already filled out paper work for new lease and said that the state does not have any more money for the road until 2017. he said the state told him he will be in there for the long haul and he said he would die there. he also said he is trying to get ccs and desoto speedways. was also talking about something being there that could not be removed so the track is grandfathered in.

Now, if Yoho’d run Citrus on a Friday night…

When Dan Jones ran Inverness and St. Pete, it was Citrus on Friday nights and Sunshine on Saturdays. PACKED house in the stands every week, full fields of cars, and great payouts. We towed all the way from Vero every week to run over there at both tracks.

Let’s see what happens…

[QUOTE=Jimmy McKinley;160236]Now, if Yoho’d run Citrus on a Friday night…

When Dan Jones ran Inverness and St. Pete, it was Citrus on Friday nights and Sunshine on Saturdays. PACKED house in the stands every week, full fields of cars, and great payouts. We towed all the way from Vero every week to run over there at both tracks.

Let’s see what happens…[/QUOTE]
Just remember, nothing is like it used to be…

BTW, The “State” has be going to build this “road” for many years. The Hill’s were lucky to cash out on this political dream…I live in the area and wonder, what road is needed??? Yoohoo is safe!

I’ve heard that Yoho isn’t the only one that’s filled out paperwork to lease Showtime. There are supposedly at least 2 other groups interested, both with plenty of money.

Yoho would be good for Citrus, hell Mickey Mouse would be better than the slime ball that is running it now :ernaehrung004:

Rick, can you give Nathan his own thread to bash and attack and flame Gary LaPlant? I thought attacks weren’t allowed on this site. His personal vendetta has gotten real old and it’s just beating a dead horse at this point. He is a toxic person and is exactly what is killing short track racing in this state.