7. 7 Danny Martin Sarasota
  8. 172 Joey Sims Ft. Myers
  9. 33 Chad Chastain Alva
  10. 5 Joe Boyd Riverview
  11. 59 Dustin Dunn Jupiter
  12. 42 Troy McNabb Naples
  13. 112 David Weaver Plantation
  14. 128 Billy Bigley Naples
  15. 14 Martin Maresca Ft. Lauderdale D.N.S.

Sportsman

1. 67a Colin Allman Plant City
  2. 79x Steve Darvalis Venice
  3. 13 Aaron Williamson Lakeland
  4. 07 Scott Garrity Port Richey
  5. 4 Rick Reed Punta Gorda
  6. 8 Dan Scott Naples
  7. 21 Alexa Anderson Lakeland
  8. 291 Mike Watson Winterhaven
  9. 12 David Williamson Lakeland
  10. 9x Ben Kelly Venice
  11. 9 Brooke Storer Lakeland
    12 67 James Dubose Arcadia
  12. 28 Sean Bass Lake Hamilton D.N.S.

Pure Stock

1. 63 Kyle Best Myakka City
  2. 32 Dean Butrum Venice
  3. 57 Aaron Holmes Auburndale
  4. 93 Tristun Collins North Port
  5. 34 Jody Gill Auburndale
  6. 3 Sherry Best Myakka
  7. 72 Roger Dufrense Bradeton
  8. 44 Rick Hess Englewood

Bombers

1. 32 Jeff Firestine Venice
  2. 123 Brandon Duchscherer Adale
  3. 75 Carl Thompson Auburndale
  4. 57 Aaron Holmes Auburndale
  5. 34 Jody Gill Auburndale
  6. 93 Bubba Thompson Sarasota
  7. 22 Ann Marie Ricardi Naples
  8. 22x Randy Spicer New Port Richey

Modified Mini

1. 68 Logan Allen N. Ft. Myers
  2. 77 Lee Davis Lakeland
  3. 99 Dakota Hunt Auburndale
  4. 55 Tom Zimmerman Largo
  5. 67 Bo Davis Lakeland
  6. 3 Kevin Brock Avon Park
  7. 95 Ronnie Brock Jr. Sebring
  8. 6 Dave Davis Bradenton D.N.S.

Congrats to all the winners, and a shout out to Scott Garrity on a great run!

Joe, I see Scotty got those carburetor issues taken care of. We had a pretty good run going keeping inside the top five until we had a pretty spectacular explosion and fire under the hood. Which kind of ended our night. It was good clean racing by all in the super late model class. I have to give a shout out to Michael Atwell and Steve Dore for great door-to-door battle last few laps of the race. Good job guys. Hope to see you all at the next one.

Yes, it seems he did, Did you guys blow the engine?

We haven’t had a chance to look at it yet. But it doesn’t appear to be a blown motor. It was cranking over pretty freely and sounded good. It looks more to be an oil line or fitting. We will know more once we get the car unloaded and in the shop.

Thanks for the kind words Mr. Jacalone and Mr. Dunn. Sorry about the tough luck with the fire. Good news that the motor is not bad and that things weren’t worse. I changed tires for the heat and then we didnt have a heat so I ran the feature without making adjustments. Well it bit me because the stagger closed up and I was pushy-loose in the feature. Congratulations to Colin Allman on his first Desoto feature win. Met his Dad last time out and they are working hard and obviously have it going on. We had a real fun night even though the car was not where I wanted it. I have to settle down a bit though. I’m overdriving a bit and on one restart I drove it into one like a Super Late and would have spun if I didn’t pound Aaron Williamson in the rear bumper which straightened me out. I don’t know how he saved it. He had that thing about 90? sideways and drove out of it. Sorry Aaron!:o That contact turned my right fender straight up and it fell off later (and was subsequently run over). The good news is that even though we were off the car was still fast enough to run with Colin, Steve and Aaron and we pretty much left the rest of the field behind. Sean Bass was there in his new sporty 28 and was wicked fast in practice before his transmission split in half and the driveshaft came up into the car. Luckily he was ok but his night was over before it started. He looked to be the class of the field right off the trailer. We had 13 Sportsman in the pits which is not outstanding but we are getting more cars which is a good sign. If you have a Sportsman come on out! The racing has been good and pretty clean for the most part. The payout is great too! $300 for 4th ain’t too shabby. But I have to say what makes Desoto so awesome are the people who run the joint. Everyone from Linda at the front gate to the owner Denny always greet you with a smile and genuinely appreciate you being there. They tell you that but more importantly they SHOW you that. And there’s this new guy working there that pretty much saved my night by assessing that my “exotic fender rearrangement” was not posing a hazard and let me run. Thanks! I forget his name but it’s AJ Foyt or Bubba Pollard or something. Once again I left with a smile on my face. But at least this time I finished and ran well. And I didn’t tear the car up (too badly). Man, I gotta settle down!:grinser010:

Thanks for the kind words Mr. Jacalone and Mr. Dunn. Sorry about the tough luck with the fire. Good news that the motor is not bad and that things weren’t worse. I changed tires for the heat and then we didnt have a heat so I ran the feature without making adjustments. Well it bit me because the stagger closed up and I was pushy-loose in the feature. Congratulations to Colin Allman on his first Desoto feature win. Met his Dad last time out and they are working hard and obviously have it going on. We had a real fun night even though the car was not where I wanted it. I have to settle down a bit though. I’m overdriving a bit and on one restart I drove it into one like a Super Late and would have spun if I didn’t pound Aaron Williamson in the rear bumper which straightened me out. I don’t know how he saved it. He had that thing about 90? sideways and drove out of it. Sorry Aaron!:o That contact turned my right fender straight up and it fell off later (and was subsequently run over). The good news is that even though we were off the car was still fast enough to run with Colin, Steve and Aaron and we pretty much left the rest of the field behind. Sean Bass was there in his new sporty 28 and was wicked fast in practice before his transmission split in half and the driveshaft came up into the car. Luckily he was ok but his night was over before it started. He looked to be the class of the field right off the trailer. We had 13 Sportsman in the pits which is not outstanding but we are getting more cars which is a good sign. If you have a Sportsman come on out! The racing has been good and pretty clean for the most part. The payout is great too! $300 for 4th ain’t too shabby. But I have to say what makes Desoto so awesome are the people who run the joint. Everyone from Linda at the front gate to the owner Denny always greet you with a smile and genuinely appreciate you being there. They tell you that but more importantly they SHOW you that. And there’s this new guy working there that pretty much saved my night by assessing that my “exotic fender rearrangement” was not posing a hazard and let me run. Thanks! I forget his name but it’s AJ Foyt or Bubba Pollard or something. Once again I left with a smile on my face. But at least this time I finished and ran well. And I didn’t tear the car up (too badly). Man, I gotta settle down!:grinser010:

It was great meeting you Scotty. Honestly, you hung right with the big bats. I was rather impressed by that. A couple tweaks and you may just make some real noise. Great seeing Dustin Dunn and Aaron Williamson as well. Those are guys I always thought did things the right way and we appreciate them coming Desoto.

Bottom line, and Denny said it in the drivers meeting. The drivers are the show. Greg, myself, and the rest of the staff want to provide a welcome feeling to the teams that race at Desoto bc you are clients and we all win when we have a good show. I think the drivers are feeling that and things feel really smooth since I’ve been back considering the type of sport we have. Lots of adrenaline and emotion, but we have had real good racing and not a lot of torn up equipment lately. And the drivers have all been really great to work with. The future is looking up I think.

Congrats on a great run, Scott!

Hard to run “safe” and up front at the same time.

[QUOTE=Weftracing96;161177]It was great meeting you Scotty. Honestly, you hung right with the big bats. I was rather impressed by that. A couple tweaks and you may just make some real noise. Great seeing Dustin Dunn and Aaron Williamson as well. Those are guys I always thought did things the right way and we appreciate them coming Desoto.

Bottom line, and Denny said it in the drivers meeting. The drivers are the show. Greg, myself, and the rest of the staff want to provide a welcome feeling to the teams that race at Desoto bc you are clients and we all win when we have a good show. I think the drivers are feeling that and things feel really smooth since I’ve been back considering the type of sport we have. Lots of adrenaline and emotion, but we have had real good racing and not a lot of torn up equipment lately. And the drivers have all been really great to work with. The future is looking up I think.[/QUOTE]

Great meeting you too AJ! Thanks for the kudos. Coming from you that means a lot! Definitely good things going on at Desoto. I’m proud to be a small part of it. You guys keep up the good work and I’ll keep working to get my stuff better too! See you on the next Sportsman night!

Another great run for Jesse Dutilly. I really think you guys could win anywhere in the state.
Also a nice run for Dylan Bigley.
Desoto has lost a lot of it’s momentum since Cope and Critter left. There just hasn’t been the enthusiasm from the fans like there was when the track re-opened last year. But each night, it seems to be slowly coming back.
And the Sprint Cars are coming back!!!

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;161179]Congrats on a great run, Scott!

Hard to run “safe” and up front at the same time.[/QUOTE]

True dat, OS. But tearing the fender off ain’t too good for aero (or the budget). Plus when I calm down I’m a lot smoother and as a result faster. It’s just so damn fun to finally have a FAST car again that I get a little carried away! Thanks!:ernaehrung004:

btw, “Critter” was at the “Big A” on Sat night.

It’s an awful nice car Scott. Sportsmans have come a long way since I was last around. But you can tell that your car gets very well maintained.

Good run Scott, that is a nice turnout of Sportsman especially considering they also ran at New Smyrna and had a great turnout. There were only 4 at 5 Flags Friday night and one of those wasn’t really in the same class. Looks like if they don’t turn it around soon that class’ll be dead around here :confused:

23 Sportsman at NSS is very impressive!!! The class keeps on building every time they run a REGULAR 25 lap race. It was clearly the best race of the night. it will be interesting when they run there next 50 lap race, They might have to run a B Main!!.

Thanks again, AJ. Yeah they are pretty much what the old Limited Late Models were but with cheaper shocks, motors, tires and 8" rims. And of course, any body that you like.

I may be a low-buck racer but I refuse to race junk. Anything worth doing, is worth doing right in my book. As a result we go through that thing pretty thoroughly before every race (whether or not it comes home clean or in a basket!). With Patrick Thomas’s and Brad May’s shocks and advice we are getting closer and closer. Thanks for being part of an awesome team at Desoto that makes racing there a pleasure. Problem is, it’s making it kinda hard to want to go anywhere else when you guys are closed July and August (but somehow I will).

Thanks Lurkin! Yes I was happy that our car count is getting stronger. Not quite there yet but we are working on it. Everybody is having fun. More need to come join the party. I lent a quick change gear to one of the new guys Saturday. When he came back with it after the feature I asked him “Well, did you have fun tonight?”. He got a big grin on his face and said “Hell yeah!”. I replied “That’s what it’s all about!”.

At 5 Flags the class is called Super Stock. The problem I noticed with them when I was there helping Patrick at the Snowball was that the rules are too wide open and you can pretty much run a Pro Late for what those cars are. I get Ricky’s concept with the class. A place for old outdated Late Models to run with a tire that helps even things up. The motor rules are just too lenient for what that class is trying to do. You guys need to give a weight advantage to the crate 602’s and it should help the car counts flourish as the 602/ Hoosier R750 combination is doing down here. There was a good field at the Snowball but I have heard the weekly count is less than stellar as you mentioned. Anywho all that motor was proven that night to be unnecessary as Patrick Thomas broke the track record in qualifying and the 602’s went 1-2 in the feature with Brandon Morris winning and PT finishing 2nd. Former ARCA racer and Gulf Coast legend Dave Mader III was a distant 3rd with his expensive motor. For that race there was a weight break for the 602’s. Maybe a little too much, lol.

I was there. :slight_smile: and I totally agree they HAVE to do something with costs soon or the class will be dead by the end of the year. RB has the right idea, it’s the same concept that you guys use, however I also agree that they are spending enough to just have a Pro Late, which around here have bigger fields and bigger purses and also the possibility of competing in the Snowflake, why have a Super Stock might as well have a LM. They have to get the cost back in line with the true Sportsman’s out there that can’t afford a freaking Late Model

Also, I know Mader a little as he drove a few times for a friend I help. He’s convinced it’s “them damn bodies” when pressed that “those bodies” are allowed now, it’s “them ain’t no legal 602’s” . You’re never gonna convince
guys with 15k in their engine that you beat em with a 5k engine without cheating. Been there, done that, got the t shirt and was ran out of town.
Why The F do I wanna see another ABC bodied class that looks exactly like the SLM or PLM anyway?! BORING!