Flippin crazy!

Well… This week, they managed to get one upside down… Everyone was okay.

[URL=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffNmpr9-KfI”]Grandstand View

On Board a car ahead of the flip… Wait for it…

That was big. Glad nobody was hurt.

Here’s a still shot

Oh boy. What did Joey do THIS time? I see he’s right in the middle of it!

Haha he didn’t do anything. Wrong place wrong time when race cars started falling from the sky.

Phil, were you there?

It appears that one guy gets clipped in the right rear & heads for the wall, bottling up the track. Further back in the pack another guy apparently runs over a wheel or two, launches, and then lands on “Joey”.

Is that the way you see it?

Oh ok. Good! It just looked familiar. Like this terrible quality pic from the newspaper (yes they actually put short track racing pics in the newspaper in CT). Joey referred to this a “revenge shot” on a chopper. I don’t like being chopped either…

FEI (for everyone’s info) these cars are SK Lights. Full blown Tour Type Mod chassis with our beloved 602 Crate motor for a powerplant. Don’t really look slow do they?

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;161737]Phil, were you there?

It appears that one guy gets clipped in the right rear & heads for the wall, bottling up the track. Further back in the pack another guy apparently runs over a wheel or two, launches, and then lands on “Joey”.

Is that the way you see it?[/QUOTE]

No I wasn’t. Was in the shop thrashing. I see it that way though. This division has NO spotters which probably would have helped a tad, but it all happened so fast most of it was just unavoidable.

Back in the '60s there was a local favorite in one of the best modifieds–Wild Bill Holman.

In the first corner another car’s throttle stuck and he drove over Holman’s left rear and launched on off into the darkness off turn one, done for the night.

Bill, though, got out, pushed down the sheet metal. The impact also took both LR shocks out of the park with the other car.

Holman ran the race, battled slowly through the field and won the Feature, with the car crossed up and the inside rear bouncing crazily on every turn. Good memories…

Either of those participants able to continue? The car up in the air isn’t looking too bad at the instant of the pic.