Donny Schatz

Donny Schatz has to be one of the most underrated drivers in racing… Unless you are dealing with strictly Sprint Car sites etc., you never hear much about him… He now has won five World of Outlaw races in a row against very good competition to add to his outstanding resume… I know he has one of the best rides there is, but there are a number of other teams on the WoO spending as much or more money… Schatz, I think, could easily move up to Indy Cars or NASCAR but apparently is happy where he is… Maybe he saw how much Steve Kinser struggled moving up, who knows… The guy sure can wheel a Sprint Car…

Also have noticed Sammy Swindell back in the race results… So much for “retiring”…

Donny just doesn’t seem to attract media the way others in the WoO have over the years. But he sure can drive!
Kinser and Swindell have remained competitive over the years, look at Sammy’s record at the Chili Bowl. I’d say Wolfgang probably would have also.

Donny is clearly as talented as they come. Somehow other than his credit for winning races he is otherwise under the radar and causes no negative press in any way. He simply wins week in and week out. As for Sammy’s retirement Fred Rahmer didn’t stay out of the car for long either. Fine by me as they are still quite competitive on any given night,