New Smyrna Speedway Results 6/27

Benny,

*%$# you.

Love, Phil

Am hoping he returneth, as well. More than that, am hoping he finds inner peace regarding Fla.

Everyone climbs on him, and then they want him back. This seems like Florida logic.

Wefty, who is “everyone”?

I think he lives in Palm Beach Gardens.

Well, we are all big boys and girls, (or grown, at least…).

I can post, or not post. A choice.

I can be supportive, or “otherwise”. A choice.

I can respond to your post. Or not.

In short, life is a lot simpler when I am not believing my thoughts/words/actions are because someone “made” me do it. It is further simplified if my happiness does not hinge on anyone else getting on my bandwagon, or living out something I have suggested.

6/27/15-- I went to the track, paid my money, worked on a car a little, watched the races, avoided getting run over, and listed my impressions in a thread. Life is good. And dat is dat.

Phil is in a self-imposed time out. It’s a cool down period. Y’all ain’t found the button that will get him posting again. He’s reading, you can bet on that.

He knows how I feel, and I support whatever he wants to do.

But the button is the [SIZE=“5”]World-O-Speed[/SIZE], lol.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;162097]He knows how I feel, and I support whatever he wants to do.

But the button is the [SIZE=“5”]World-O-Speed[/SIZE], lol.[/QUOTE]

Nah, He’ll post up if Albee’s ever wrong about something. I think that’s part of the reason Phil’s so quiet. He got outwitted and out played by Albee. Those Yankees that pound their drums about how great the nawth is get their arses handed to them by Albee. He’s a legend round these parts

simple way to keep the car count up is to increase the payout from 7th back from $50 to $75 and to tear down engines on cars that win 3 or more.

Mike, a good tech team can check a motor without tearing it down all the time.

This week they P&Ged the motor which checks for cubic inches of motor, they also whistled the motor, which checks compression, they also checked rocker arm ratio to make sure it was how it came out of the crate.

2 weeks ago they checked engine setback, crank height, offset of motor, checked for correct stock location of lower a frames, checked for the correct measurement from the lower a frame bolts to the bottom of the cross member, and a visual check for any aluminum clutch stuff.

They also check tires every week for tires that have been softened, they have busted at least 2 different sets of tires that have been softened, I can’t recall any other tracks this year locally that have found any.

The tech team is doing their jobs, I was in tech Saturday for over 2 hours.

Patrick Thomas 25

[QUOTE=Patrick Thomas 25;162101]Mike, a good tech team can check a motor without tearing it down all the time.

This week they P&Ged the motor which checks for cubic inches of motor, they also whistled the motor, which checks compression, they also checked rocker arm ratio to make sure it was how it came out of the crate.

2 weeks ago they checked engine setback, crank height, offset of motor, checked for correct stock location of lower a frames, checked for the correct measurement from the lower a frame bolts to the bottom of the cross member, and a visual check for any aluminum clutch stuff.

They also check tires every week for tires that have been softened, they have busted at least 2 different sets of tires that have been softened, I can’t recall any other tracks this year locally that have found any.

The tech team is doing their jobs, I was in tech Saturday for over 2 hours.

Patrick Thomas 25[/QUOTE]

Patrick, I get it. Just don't want to see this good car count start going away like I've seen over the years when someone or a couple cars dominate. I remember a few years back you couldn't win 3 or so without us having to pull at least manifold and heads. Also serious about the pay out from 7th back, really think they need to address that soon so it don't effect car count. See you later, Mike

Mike, I run a crate motor for a reason,it’s cheap, makes pretty good power, but most of all doesn’t spin the tires off the corner. It allows me to tune on the racecar rather than be worried about a built motor and keeping up with the tight tolerances it takes to make extra power.

As pretty much everybody knows, I usually just run the big races around the state, this year I decided to strictly run Newsmyrna for points. The season has gone pretty well so far, and we have been able to keep tuning on the car. It’s getting a little better every week. I have also noticed others getting better too.

The New Hamphire cars have gone from all motor, I’ll handling cars that were hard to race against 3 years ago, to real race win contenders.

The 34 car has had real speed all year but very little luck, after a couple tire issues earlier in the year, they were out front Saturday, with a new dirt nose on the car, and just couldn’t keep the motor cool enough to stay on the track.

The 71 of Beckner has really pushed me hard all season to get better.

Donny in the 111 has had really bad luck as well, getting caught up in several wrecks, none of his making. His car looked good again Saturday and I’m sure it will be tuned up good for next race.

The 86 car has been one of the fastest cars at the track, week in and week out. He has gotten into some altercations, but was way out front 2 races ago and I know without a caution I would have never caught him.

The Chad Pierce wrenched cars have all had good days and some bad luck nights also, the 95,11,22,27, and the 58 have all shown speed when they were at the track.

The 09E has been fast with very little luck also.

The 13 of Aaron Williamson came over and led 1/3 of the race before giving up the lead, but finished a strong 3rd.

If I missed you in my run down its nothing personal, but with 40 drivers collecting points so far this year it would be easy to miss a few.

As you can see, I’ve been really lucky to this point, and haven’t had any mechanical gremlins to this point, but watch for the points battle to tighten up.

Patrick Thomas 25

Phil complains about Florida car counts and dictates how track owners and promoters should run their show and businesses,yet it has taken him 3 years to get his own car on the track…A little hypocritical to say the least.

That should do it :smiley:

[QUOTE=kendo;162123]Phil complains about Florida car counts and dictates how track owners and promoters should run their show and businesses,yet it has taken him 3 years to get his own car on the track…A little hypocritical to say the least.

That should do it :D[/QUOTE]

Yep, that should do it.

[QUOTE=kendo;162123]Phil complains about Florida car counts and dictates how track owners and promoters should run their show and businesses,yet it has taken him 3 years to get his own car on the track…A little hypocritical to say the least.

That should do it :D[/QUOTE]

He don’t race his car anyway, it’s a show car trailer queen.

You guys sure miss Phil.

How sweet of you to try to goad him into posting. Why don’t you just share your true feelings?

Patrick–You will remember this “run” forever, man. These are the good old days.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;162127]

How sweet of you to try to goad him into posting.[/QUOTE]

Well duh, very observant of you to see something so blatantly obvious. LOL !

The real challenge would be to figure out a way to keep you from replying to every single post on here. Maybe I’ll unplug the wifi at the old folks home. Now before you get all bent out of shape and press the “emergency” button on your bed, I’m only yanking your chain.

Phil is reading all this, care to wager for proof ?

Don’t be hatin’ just because Phil likes me best, Matt, er, EZ.:dry:

Don’t post until your psyc meds have taken effect, you’re dilusuonal. :ohmy:

Sportsman 50’s rescheduling…

90c12df3645aee61e4a548013189b230fa8a7cf062a939fb05d74925addbbe44.jpg