Here is the results from Citrus....

[B][I][SIZE=“4”]DUE TO WEATHER, WE RAN FEATURE RACES ONLY TONIGHT.

CITRUS COUNTY
SPEEDWAY
Race Finishes for:
July 18, 2015

Sportsman Feature
Car-# Drivers Name Home Town Finish
711 Fred Tuski Crystal River 1
4 Dave Colpritt Lakeland 2
18 Shawn Bailey San Antonio 3
9 Brooke Storer Zepherhills 4
51 Roger Blevins Eagle Lake 5
00 Billy Smith Wildwood 6
66 Andy Nicholls Orlando 7
07 Scott Garrity Port Richey 8
37 Kenner Brown Jacksonville 9
01 Tom Posavec Dunnellon 10
29 Bobby Mobley Eagle Lake 11

Street Stocks Feature
3 Curtis Flanagan Inverness 1
16 J.D. Goff Brooksville 2
12 Joey Bifaro Floral City 3
5 Eric Willis Homosassa 4
92 Ted Head Auburndale 5
59 Thomas Peet Floral City 6
73 David Kingsbury Brooksville 7
63 Tim Alexander Inverness 8
45 Mike Slavick Brandon 9
32 David Amundsen Brooksville 10
47 Thomas Keeley Floral City 11
23 Jon Brown Lake Panasoffkee 12
88 Tim Wilson Floral City 13
01 Bobby Diestler Inverness 14
4 Mike Hubbard Arburndale 15

Mod Mini Stocks Feature
115 Tyler Simpson New Symrna 1
711 Wayne Heater Homosassa 2
01 Johnny Siner Homosassa 3
24 Phil Edwards Crystal River 4
47 Richard Kuhn Ocala 5
199 Dakota Hunt Arburndale 6
73 Jason Terry Bellview 7
55 Ronald Williams New Port Richey 8
99 Mathew Camp Citrus Springs 9
2 Art Chambers North Carolina 10

Mini Stocks Feature
22 Mark Patterson Webster 1
88 Anthony LaPoint Zephyrhills 2
47 Ricky Kuhn Ocala 3
24 Tim Scalise Lutz 4
70 Dillon Canoda Lakeland 5
5 Tricia Turner Old Town 6
75 Kevin Knox Wesley Chapel 7

Pure Stocks Feature
09 James Holly Weirsdale 1
65 Happy Florian Lecanto 2
22 Randy Spicer New Port Richey 3
45 James Johnston Brooksville 4
15 Tyler Prenesti Key Largo 5
81 Scott McAllister Hernando 6
285 Chucky Smith Inverness 7
4 Jeff Webster Zepherhills 8
75 Mike Gilkerson (Son) Bushnell 9

Fastrucks Feature
31 Rodney Haddock Hillard 1
59x Becca Monopoli Lakeland 2
50 Danny Anderson Bradenton 3
32 Dean Butrum Venice 4
13 Taylor Hosford Madison 5
16k Steven King Bartow 6
3 Derek Pugh West Palm 7
17 Dan Lautner Sarasota 8
39 Phillip Johnson Naples 9
25 Cody McDuffie Lakeland 10
75 Robert St. John Arcadia 11
37 Michael Goddard Naples 12
28 Jeff Firestine Venice 13
18 Blake Haddock Hillard 14
38 Jeremy Goddard Naples 15
9 Kody Jett Orange Park 16
14 Sam Scott Naples 17
10 Todd Foote Spring Hill 18

AKC Pro Karts Feature
8 Karts Finished - 15 Laps (No driver details at this time) 1

AKC Rookie Karts Feature
5 Karts Finished - 10 Laps (No driver details at this time) 1

Great racing good crowd lot’s of new Fans!!! Next race August 1st Non-Winged GROUND POUNDERS!!! FASTRUCK’s back August 8th. Stay tuned for up dates!!![/SIZE][/I][/B]
:huepfen024::aktion033::huepfen024::aktion033:
:ernaehrung004:

What was up with the flagman on the final green flag? I don’t remember seeing a “one to go” before he threw the green. Seems the leader was the only one who fired. Congrats on Becca running him down to almost take the win.

Brain FART!!!

[SIZE=“5”]Ronnie asked “What the hel…”. He told Ronnie he just had a Brain FART!!! You can’t put the bullet back in the gun. Yes!!! Becca DID A HELL OF A JOB DRIVING!!! Had to be less than a foot at the flag!!! Everyone lives in a glass house. Sometimes its tuff to be human.[/SIZE]:fragend005::fragend005::blink::ohmy::dry:

Any news on the injured cart driver taken to the hospital after the wreck?
Some great racing last night.:ernaehrung004:
-JIM-

In approximate order of thought…

>Good job deciding to run the Features first.

>Congrats Mr. Garrity on another decent run in the 07.

>Accidental green “unfixable”? Say what? Throw the yellow the next lap.

>Thoughts and Prayers for the injured party. Seems like we have been doing a lot of Praying lately…

Thanks for the shout out OS but it was anything but a decent run. I can honestly say I’ve never been more frustrated in all my years of racing. After timing a full 2 tenths faster than the field in practice (on the third race on the tires) I really had high hopes for the feature. That all went away when they threw the green for the main. The track had changed so much that it felt like I was driving on ice. Even with the Crate motor’s modest HP, I was spinning my tires all the way down the backstretch, no matter how smooth I tried to be and the car was as twitchy as a meth head gone cold turkey. I have never seen a car go to such extremes due to track conditions. I fully expected to be battling for the win with multi time Citrus race winning veteran Andy Nicholls (2nd fastest car in practice). Instead, after getting spun after getting loose, me and Andy were relegated to the back of the pack and could make no progress. The field seemed flip flopped from practice times. I talked with Andy after the race and he was just as frustrated and flummoxed as I was. The track just lost grip everywhere and we couldn’t figure out why. Was it the rain that passed through? Was a Truck leaking AT fluid in the autograph session just before our race? When it cools down and gets dark tracks usually gain grip. I really can’t wrap my head around why the track got so bad. Such is the nature of racing but we definitely don’t consider that a decent run over here in Port Richey today. Ok. Enough of venting frustration…

Good news is the event was awesome. A good crowd considering the rain and dismal forecast. Good car counts in all classes despite the above conditions. It made you feel like the FL racers, as a whole, came together to support this event. There were the Citrus regulars along with cars from Bronson, Showtime, Desoto, Auburndale and New Smyrna in the pits. I got to meet Bobby Diehl and Gary LaPlant and discuss the current state of affairs and the promising developments for the future of West Coast racing. I got to talk a bit with Donnie Lewis. That man is a legend and a character. Ya gotta love Donnie Lewis. I also got to talk and catch up with a bunch of my old Citrus, Bronson and Ellisville friends. In addition, I got to turn some of my local friends onto Florida short track racing with me competing so close to home. In a nutshell, they absolutely had a blast. Heck, we even had a mighty fine SUDS meeting replete with burgers and dogs post-race (after I got over myself). :ernaehrung004:

All things considered it was a great night. Just not a decent run…

So, to recap, you had a burger, and you had a beer, and you were “…a full 2 tenths faster than the field in practice…”.

Not a total loss of an evening, eh?

ps–On the street, if it hasn’t rained in a while, when there is the first good downpour one needs to be keerful of just sliding into or off of something.

Pa sez it is because the oil washes up and out of the asphalt and mixes with the water. As the rain continues the grip comes back (a little), as the rain has washed the oil from the surface.

Ya think that got ya? And was it just conducive to the cars that initially pushed, or was everybody eating your dogs with a knowing grin on their face later?

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;163066]So, to recap, you had a burger, and you had a beer, and you were “…a full 2 tenths faster than the field in practice…”.

Not a total loss of an evening, eh?

ps–On the street, if it hasn’t rained in a while, when there is the first good downpour one needs to be keerful of just sliding into or off of something.

Pa sez it is because the oil washes up and out of the asphalt and mixes with the water. As the rain continues the grip comes back (a little), as the rain has washed the oil from the surface.

Ya think that got ya? And was it just conducive to the cars that initially pushed, or was everybody eating your dogs with a knowing grin on their face later?[/QUOTE]

I know what you’re saying. Wrecked my brand new 1986 Camaro back in the day due to that going to Lime Rock Park. Ironically similar looking Camaros raced in the rain in the Trans Am series that day…

No, I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the culprit last nite. There were two features before ours so that would have been long gone. Street Stocks didn’t look that loose in the daylight. It was after the sun went down and Trucks went out for the Autograph session. Trucks were sliding around and into each other AFTER our feature too.

Gotta give a shout out to Billy Smith in the 00. As slick as things were we had a great position swapping battle in the middle of the race and never touched once. He even made a great crossover move out of 4 and passed me back after I had passed him going into 3. We also ran side by side for quite a few laps without any contact. It was about the only fun I had during the feature. I wanted to go shake his hand but I couldn’t find him after the race. I’ll keep a SUDS on ice for ya Billy!:ernaehrung004:

My only complaint would be WAY too much screwing around! After a 45 wait to get the kart driver into an ambulance, you’re going to have a 30 minute autograph session/ intermission?? I was really tempted to leave at that point but glad I stuck around. Also, I’m sure the lady with the mic is very sweet but listening to her jabber really got old. I know she is trying. And I know I’ve turned into a grumpy old fart…

Scott, I figured you had a rear or toe knocked out of alignment after you got the dirty wienee going into turn 3 at the beginning of the race. Can’t remember the car that decided to do that but it sucked for you. Good luck next time!

I’ve had that place do the exact same thing to me. I’ve heard several theorys but I really don’t know. I’ve heard that they put, or used to put, coke syrup on it and that goes bad or that the dew falls on it and brings up the oils or coke syrup or both. I dunno but it’s damn frustrating when you go from thinking you might have a car to win in practice and heat to virtually racing in the rain with slicks.

John-Thanks for the observation. We will go through it and look for that for sure before the next race. I have to agree the track felt just as sh*??y after the spin as it did before it, but the car felt not as good.

Lurkin-Yeah, talked to another driver today and they were just as confounded as me. Thanks for sharing your experience with this type of deal. When you were out there you could just see everyone struggling with this condition. The guys (and gal) that ran well in this race just had the sense of mind to pull back enough to keep it straight. Or the track came to them. I don’t know.

The night it happened to me we had a red and I stopped close enough to my bro to chat with him. The conversation went something this, “I dunno wtf happened to this thing but something is broke BAD!” “Well whatever yours has, mine’s got the same problem, must be the track”

I don’t care who you are. That’s some funny sh*t right there. Thanks for giving me a laugh and helping me to convince myself I’m not crazy and/or washed up! :ernaehrung004:

Karts

[QUOTE=ocalasp76;163060]Any news on the injured cart driver taken to the hospital after the wreck?
Some great racing last night.:ernaehrung004:
-JIM-[/QUOTE]

Jacob Rose who is a regular with the AKC karts was released from the Hospital yesterday. All scans and tests were negative and Jake is expected to recover fully and be back in a kart in a few weeks.

Thanks for your concern.
Joe
The Affordable Karting Club

[QUOTE=Elto-Joe;163089]Jacob Rose who is a regular with the AKC karts was released from the Hospital yesterday. All scans and tests were negative and Jake is expected to recover fully and be back in a kart in a few weeks.

Thanks for your concern.
Joe
The Affordable Karting Club[/QUOTE]

Great news, Joe. Thanks for the update. There we a few scary moments Saturday night including two Street Stocks going “out of the ballpark” in turn 1. Luckily they landed upright (eventually) and climbed out unharmed.