Attention all Late Models 100 laps pay $3000.00 to WIN on August 22nd.

[B][I][SIZE=“4”]On August 22nd Desoto will have the BIGGEST Race since the ICE BREAKERS!!!
It’s the NASCAR Homestead Ford Eco Boost Ticket Give-Aways!!!

Also starting at 9:00 AM till 3:00 PM we will have a SWAP MEET out front in the parking lot. $20.00 for a 20x20 area. Bring all your stuff that’s your no longer needing. Motorsports is the theme, but anything from Stock Car, Drag Racing, Road Racing, RC cars, boats, and planes. If you want to sell it someone may buy it!!!

If that’s not enough we are having the Tribute to the Late Model Legends. During the Autograph session we will have a table for the Legends to meet and greet their Fans. So far:
Leroy Porter
Randy Fox
Dickie Anderson
Dave Pletcher
I will add when new ones confirm.

Here’s the expected line up for the Late Model 100 Legends Race:
Joe Boyd
Dave Weaver
Dylan Bigley
Michael Atwell
Jesse Dutilly
Billy Bigley Jr.
Anthony Campi
Nick Neri
Steve Dorer
Anthony Cataldi
Dustin Dunn
Dickie Anderson
Dave Pletcher
Chad Chastain
Dylan Martin
DJ Hoelzle
If you are coming let me 813-817-7223 or post on the string!!!
I will keep updating the string.[/SIZE][/I][/B]
:auto003::auto003::auto003::auto003:
:ernaehrung004:

Awesome deal bringing out the big names for a legends meet and greet! You may be crazy, but you’re crazy in all the right ways.

Anderson in a Late Model?!!

Er, that is probably the “biggest race since the Ice Age”.

Phil would no doubt suggest I should know…

Very cool having the heros do an autograph session.

ps–Let Leroy wheel the pace car. Seriously.

DJ Hoelzle plans on this being his first start in the new #8 SLM he is building.

Thanks!!!

[SIZE=“5”]Thanks!!! [/SIZE]:ernaehrung004:

Let me guess since Jimmy Cope is no longer GM he cant be brought back. You have two of the three with Leroy, and Dickie, how about Jimmy.

[B][I][SIZE=“4”]Thanks for the HEADS UP!!! I just called Jimmy & Mike to see if they are available. Jimmy checking his Modified Schedule and Mike will be between Mid Ohio & Road America (they will both let us know). Again thanks for the heads up. I came from a Road Racing back ground and didn’t pay attention to that era of Late Models. So if you can think of someone you would LOVE to Meet and Greet with let us know. 813-817-RACE (7223).

[/SIZE][/I][/B]:ernaehrung004:

[QUOTE=Bobby Diehl;163332][B][I][SIZE=“4”]Thanks for the HEADS UP!!! I just called Jimmy & Mike to see if they are available. Jimmy checking his Modified Schedule and Mike will be between Mid Ohio & Road America (they will both let us know). Again thanks for the heads up. I came from a Road Racing back ground and didn’t pay attention to that era of Late Models. So if you can think of someone you would LOVE to Meet and Greet with let us know. 813-817-RACE (7223).

[/SIZE][/I][/B]:ernaehrung004:[/QUOTE]

I guess they put the right guy in charge then. Organizing a tribute to drivers he never paid any attention to and doesn’t know the names of. And then you want the KARNAC readers to bail you out and give you some names of racers to invite. Add some Bobby Bucks and you’ve got the complete package. This is known as half assed promoting. Excellent initial idea with just about zero thought or follow up.

I’ll give you one for free Bobby. There’s plenty of area at the front of the grandstands, why not get someone to pour some concrete up there, hell maybe even in the breezeway, and get these guys to write their name and car number in it. Now… go ahead and announce this idea with giant bouncing bubbles in rainbow fonts, then completely drop the ball as usual, so that someone else can pick it up and finish it. That way maybe it gets done. I think it could be a great tribute and it sure wouldn’t have to cost very much.

Along the same lines, i just heard from a friend over near Ormond Beach. He suggested that Desoto ( and other tracks too ) use bricks with the driver’s name and number embedded in them. He said there is a tribute to the beach racers out on Daytona Beach that uses bricks like that. More costly, but you wouldn’t have to put every driver’s name down all at once.

[QUOTE=Matt Albee;163333]I guess they put the right guy in charge then. Organizing a tribute to drivers he never paid any attention to and doesn’t know the names of. And then you want the KARNAC readers to bail you out and give you some names of racers to invite. Add some Bobby Bucks and you’ve got the complete package. This is known as half assed promoting. Excellent initial idea with just about zero thought or follow up.

I’ll give you one for free Bobby. There’s plenty of area at the front of the grandstands, why not get someone to pour some concrete up there, hell maybe even in the breezeway, and get these guys to write their name and car number in it. Now… go ahead and announce this idea with giant bouncing bubbles in rainbow fonts, then completely drop the ball as usual, so that someone else can pick it up and finish it. That way maybe it gets done. I think it could be a great tribute and it sure wouldn’t have to cost very much.[/QUOTE]Give it a rest. You do jack shit for racing in the state of Florida. Go find another hobby where you’re actually wanted. :anim_pound:

Seems somehow appropriate that a Large Green Cucumber is in the “sponsored links” box following posts 9 & 10…

Ironically, there is sometimes some reasonable content, but it gets covered up by, y’know, the rest of it.

Come on now, that’s just hurtful.

"This is known as half assed promoting. Excellent initial idea with just about zero thought or follow up…go ahead and announce this idea with giant bouncing bubbles in rainbow fonts, then completely drop the ball as usual, so that someone else can pick it up and finish it. "–MA

Am thinking Bobby ain’t translating that into a gold star.

Your Bricks/Names/Etc content could have equally been summed up with: “So there you go Bobby. Trying to be helpful. Maybe something there you can use. Best of luck seeing it through.”

Ya reaps what ya sows…

These are Governors Cup Winners that I would like to invite!!!

[B][I][SIZE=“4”]These are Governors Cup Winners that I would like to invite!!!
1966 Golden Gate Speedway Bobby Brack
1967 1967 Golden Gate Speedway Dumont Smith

1970 1970 Golden Gate Speedway Don Gregory

1979 4 November 1979 Showtime Speedway Jim Fenton

1990 10 November 1990 New Smyrna Speedway Bobby Gill
1995 11 November 1995 New Smyrna Speedway David Russell
1996 26 October 1996 New Smyrna Speedway Jack Cook
1997 25 October 1997 New Smyrna Speedway David Rogers

2002 9 November 2002 New Smyrna Speedway Mike Fritts
If you have a contact number. Thanks to those who support positive makes positive. Call me at 813-817-7223.
Please NO BS from the peanut gallery. :ohmy::mad::dry::blink::waffen093:
[/SIZE][/I][/B]

You really weren’t kidding when you said you didn’t know much about stock car racing.

Thanks for the POSITIVE support!!!

[SIZE=“4”]Thanks for the POSITIVE support!!! Spoke it Buzzy and he is getting with David, and Wayne about coming. He may bring one of his first HOT RODS to put in the Mall area. He has The Legend t-shirts for sale. And may load up the trailer with things to sell at the swap meet. Again thanks to those who push the ball in the right direction…[/SIZE]
:ernaehrung004:

Add Billy Bigley

[SIZE=“5”]You can confirm Billy Bigley to the list and he is excited to see the Fans!! Both Billy and Dylan are both racing!!! It doesn’t get any better than this!!! The Past Legends racing with the Future Legends!!! [/SIZE]:ernaehrung004:

I just need their numbers.

[SIZE=“6”]I just need their numbers. So I can invite them. Some just always read something negative into it. Get a grip. Life’s way to short.[/SIZE]:sprachlos020::(:aetsch013::huh::smiley:

Didn’t Jack Cook die? Pitted next to him at NSS many times back in “the day”. Real nice guy! Or maybe he just liked my girlfriend…

Your edits of the above list show you were smart enough to actually ask someone who knows something about stock car racing.