New Smyrna 8/22 Updates

Sportsman Qualifying (23 Cars) Top 5:

1. Todd Allen #55 - 19.480
  2. Patrick Thomas #25 - 19.650
  3. Brandon Morris #56 - 19.803
  4. John Emerson #09E - 19.970
  5. Junior Beckner #71 - 20.031

Rain on lap 15 of the Sportsman feature… rest of the program canceled… Sportsman race payout was for a 25 lap race and the Sportsman have been added to next week’s schedule…
Finish: 15 laps completed (official race) Top Ten:

1. Junior Beckner #71 (was awarded $250 of the $500 bounty on Thomas)
  2. Todd Allen #55 (came from 9th on the grid to second in 15 laps)
  3. Brandon Morris #56
  4. Patrick Thomas #25
  5. Garrett Hill #95
  6. Daniel Conlin, Jr. #11
  7. Aaron Williamson #13
  8. Sandy Lee #10
  9. Timmy Todd, Jr. #25T
  10. D. J. Farr #77

Just a note that Garrity finished 11th… After race party got started early!

your joking Dave right why in the world would they give beckner 250 of the bounty for completing 15 laps has someone there lost their mind he did not win it was 50 laps they didn’t even make it half way they should have finished this race next week . the fans got ripped off thanks New Smyrna.

The bounty is still in tact but we felt we had to do something for Beckner as there was no weather stipulation in place. American Auto Tire & Service and New Smyrna Speedway decided that at least part of the bounty should be paid and that the bounty itself should stay in tact.

All fans and drivers got rain checks good any time except Governor’s Cup. Not sure how that’s ripping people off but I did what I felt I had to do in a bad weather situation. I met with all of the Sportsman drivers and deemed it a complete 25 lap feature so at least they didn’t go home empty handed. I didn’t simply want to rain it out with no available date to reschedule.

You know how it goes Kim. No good deed goes unpunished and someone is always pissed off. I feel your struggle.

[QUOTE=Kim Brown;164333]The bounty is still in tact but we felt we had to do something for Beckner as there was no weather stipulation in place. American Auto Tire & Service and New Smyrna Speedway decided that at least part of the bounty should be paid and that the bounty itself should stay in tact.

All fans and drivers got rain checks good any time except Governor’s Cup. Not sure how that’s ripping people off but I did what I felt I had to do in a bad weather situation. I met with all of the Sportsman drivers and deemed it a complete 25 lap feature so at least they didn’t go home empty handed. I didn’t simply want to rain it out with no available date to reschedule.[/QUOTE]

GREAT JOB SANDY!!!

beckner got a jump because there was a slow car up front that cause everybody to back up on the start he was being reeled in on every lap after they got by that car . if they had went back to racing after the caution for the rain he would not have been leading . Kim you say you have no available date to rescheduled this but you put the sportsman on to race next week? why not start them in the same order and finish out the 35 laps ? that is where I feel the fans got ripped . some may not like what I have to say I am a customer I have the right to say what I feel . Have a nice day .

I added them to next Saturday during the driver’s meeting before the rain came. The reason for adding them was to make sure the division had enough races to stay eligible for NASCAR points. I agree it may not be the ideal solution but it was the one agreed on by the drivers and the track. I appreciate your support of New Smyrna!

Please see the “Mini Unofficial 8/29/15 New Smyrna Recap” for additional information…

This is a good decision for a popular and growing class at NSS. Keep it up. I’m following this through websites as I live in nc and attend when I am in the area. I grew up going to NSS and OSW. I enjoy reading of the success.

I think it was a good decision all the way around - they raced and got paid for it. It should provide some good will from the guys running in circles.

Kim I aplaud you for that decision. Shows New Smyrna cares about the drivers an fans. If you ever have another sprint car race I’ll be the first one at the gate.

Hey Taylor, Bring the purse with you and about 20 other cars and I’m sure Kim will put you on the schedule LOL… Howya doin’ old buddy?

I’m doing good Dave. I’m in the process of putting something together that should help organize the sprint cars. Kim would be one of the first people we would contact about a race. Hope everything is well with you.