Pay to play

KARNAC should send each track a bill for posting there promo race info on here . Then they might post in the proper board.
a little bump or tease now and then is ok but now that is all you read. If any is reading?
don62

This is one issue I agree with you about.

A certain BLUE poster has stepped way over the bounds…

Nobody seems to talk about the racing, drivers, and the happenings resulting from the events. I am sure that there are many stories and that my friend, would help attendance the next time.

Get where y’all are coming from, but have been on boards with “rules”, and they suck.

Somehow the “rules” always wind up biting one in their own netherlands.

Want something in particular? Type it.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;164547]Get where y’all are coming from, but have been on boards with “rules”, and they suck.

Want something in particular? Type it.[/QUOTE]

Iv got some boat parts I want to sell so its ok to post them here?
I was thinking about starting a new track with no purse and no tickets to buy… FREE EVERTHING. You will have to run my tires and eat my food but everything will be free. Would you go???

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;164547]Get where y’all are coming from, but have been on boards with “rules”, and they suck.

Want something in particular? Type it.[/QUOTE]
It’s not so much rules. You can make a rule about everything in life and it would be never ending. It’s about common courtesy towards others, etiquette and not trying to grab everything just because it’s free…

Some folks read a Marketing book and feel that they are geniuses suddenly and begin maximizing everything. I think it’s a lazy, cheap way to market your product and that to me is a turn off.

My friend you are mistaken because the fact is that this board has an excessive amount of “cheap promotion” going on compared to others…

If the mods allow it good for them, it’s their sandbox but does it really make things grow and enlighten folks?

As always, groundpounder sees the opportunity to take shots at Bobby Diehl and takes it. Did this man run off with your wife, or run over your dog? Who exactly are you ( I know this will not be answered) and what’s your axe to grind with this man?

I guess it’s hard for you to be on topic! :wink:

Nah, I just wanna hear more bashing. Ya know, provide you with the opportunities and let you execute.

Weft–You mean like 3 plams…?

“I was thinking about starting a new track with no purse and no tickets to buy… FREE EVERTHING. You will have to run my tires and eat my food but everything will be free. Would you go???”–D Nerone

Not Bithlo again?! (some bashing for everyone)

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;164565]Weft–You mean like 3 plams…?

“I was thinking about starting a new track with no purse and no tickets to buy… FREE EVERTHING. You will have to run my tires and eat my food but everything will be free. Would you go???”–D Nerone

Not Bithlo again?! (some bashing for everyone)[/QUOTE]
OSW was one of the great shows for me…THE WILDEST SHOW ON WHEELS

Apples and oranges OS. The difference is, people know my name and my issue. GP has disclosed neither.

It was a joke but OSW was good to me 2 times so…WHY NOT

don62

Don, Bring the Sportsman and Modifieds and I will be there.

And bring enough money so that you can afford to lose a lot for the first six months or so!

To me, the way to get OSW going on a small budget would be to race during the winter. You get all the cars. Post the modest purses up front here and elsewhere.

Then, once you have a following and a few cars every week, grow the deal as you can.

Also, am betting the whole thing hinges on what the rent is. If it is unworkable, it is what it is…

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;164597]Don, Bring the Sportsman and Modifieds and I will be there.

And bring enough money so that you can afford to lose a lot for the first six months or so!

To me, the way to get OSW going on a small budget would be to race during the winter. You get all the cars. Post the modest purses up front here and elsewhere.

Then, once you have a following and a few cars every week, grow the deal as you can.

Also, am betting the whole thing hinges on what the rent is. If it is unworkable, it is what it is…[/QUOTE]

Billy Herndon had it beat down so bad that he rented it to me for $500 a week and the ins was already payed for the year.
I browed 500 from a friend for change and away we went. Mr Jones was a great friend and a partner.
It wasent so hard. Most of the good racers then pitched in and helped.
Thanks to all of them… It was 2 weeks before most of them even came to the payoff window.
Don’t know if there are many of those kind left anymore

don62