Danica = Dumb Bunny?

I certainly would like to see her succeed.

Look, there is a lot of heartbreak in racing. More heartbreak than joy, I would suggest.

Steve Park had a head injury, and…never was as competitive after that. Same with Sam Ard. Rick Mast suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning and had to retire.

And then there are those that are “good” but have aged and/or are not pretty enough for the camera. They have retired, but not by their own choice.

And Danica? Sure we respect her strength. Just not her talent at the highest level. Still, I can deal with that…

But taking your hands off the wheel and your feet off the pedals so your car becomes a truly out of control weapon? IMO, there is no excuse for that and that really was the point of this thread.

If she is afraid of being injured to the point of putting others in jeopardy, she should be selling Avon.

The 1st time they shown her doing that they explained that she was taught that in Indy. Well, this ain’t Indy. See Jimmy Johnson do that awhile back, take hands off wheel. Saving himself for that SUNOCO BURN FUEL SMELL ad.

I saw Jimmie do it as well, and that was also cowardly and dangerous, IMO.

But at least if they are going to take their hands off the wheel, the brakes should be locked down until the car comes to rest.

It appeared that Danica lifted off the brake before she hit the wall, and the wheels were rolling as she rocketed down the bank toward Ragan.

Sure, the brakes could have “gone out”, but I do not believe that was the case.

PS–Jimmie is a “burnt rubbair”, IMO :anim_buttkick:

hands off

that is why kyle broke his legs , feet off pedals before you hit ,makes good sense

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;165047] as she rocketed down the bank toward Ragan.

[/QUOTE]
Rocketed??? If she rocketed I would understand…she slowly rolled, therein the problem.

I stand by my verb! :blink:

Very well said

The pros I have seen and raced with drive the car till the bitter end.

Indeed!

And turn left and right (but mostly left!).

Imagine the “Big One” at Daytona and all of 'em are curled up in a ball with their eyes closed.

Maybe they could put an airbag at the base of Danica’s seat to deploy and press the brake pedal.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;165064]Indeed!

And turn left and right (but mostly left!).

Imagine the “Big One” at Daytona and all of 'em are curled up in a ball with their eyes closed.

Maybe they could put an airbag at the base of Danica’s seat to deploy and press the brake pedal.[/QUOTE]

Now that’s funny!!

brakes

my feet always got knocked off pedals in wrecks . not one of us know what our brain would do in wrecks at 190 miles per hour , it controls every thing.

Your feet got knocked off the pedals. You did not pull them off.

RE: “Knowing what we would do”:

Are you suggesting that Danica panicked and reflexively pulled her feet off the pedals? I figured that it was a bad strategic choice, not a (literal) knee jerk reaction.

This may be worse than we thought…

Hmmm, not sure she was doing 190…

Actually most drivers when they are done trying to steer out of an issue, then they will just lock them up.

Many drivers that have experience in very high speed crashes have learned to cross their legs and grab their belts at their chest before a high speed impact if time permits. It allows the safety equipment to do its job.

However, one should try to apply brakes and steer if possible after the impact. I don’t know what Danica did or didn’t do. Something tells me neither do the people criticizing her.

As a Danica fan, I wish she would learn how to race. I don’t think she’s aggressive enough on track because she’s trying to hard not to crash.

Wish Phil Jacques would weigh in, he’s the smartest guy north of the
Mason-Dixon Line.

Of course we don’t know, we is blogging…

The car hit the wall a fair lick backwards, and then rolled down the track at what I considered to be a high rate of speed with the tires freely rolling.

Phil who? (lol)

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;165084]

As a Danica fan, I wish she would learn how to race. [/QUOTE]
Well, I think at this level of the sport having years of the best of mentors and equipment and teams maybe this is as good as it gets for her…the old Peter Principle.
Do you think she really cares about winning at this point? She is a paycheck driver, IMHO!
I can’t blame her either…the system has worked for her.

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;165084]

I don’t know what Danica did or didn’t do. Something tells me neither do the people criticizing her.[/QUOTE]

I do know the front and rear wheel was rolling when she backed into Ragan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfqhXTb3GsE

After further review, I believe she slammed it in reverse and punched it.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding…

“I was hoping she would have held onto her brakes and not come back down the track as quick and as violent as she did.” --David Ragan, hose-ee

Maybe there are anger issues?

I just watched it and you are definately correct, both wheels turning after the impact with the wall.

It looked to be about 2 seconds after the impact with the wall until the contact with Ragan. She should have held the brake after impact.

Has she commented at all about the incident ?