Attention Q A&IA Pro Trucks & FASTRUCKs get ready for tech....

When has Spats put on good events? They ran one track and it’s now closed. They got a race a New Symrna and cut the laps and pay and didn’t qualify correct? And through the grape vine New Symrna said no more truck races there due to low truck count and a shit show. So thanks for ruining the chances for us to race there again. Three stumps isn’t opening for months and who ever decides to open it up will be smart enough to Check what brings the most bang for there buck, and I doubt that Spats will get any races there. So where are these events taking place? Oh wait Homestead for no money and a 100% chance of blown trannys and motors(not made to turn right). So you can say there doing it illegally all you want but the fact is there isn’t room for two truck series and from looking at the stats( payout, tracks, rules) Spats won’t survive. But good luck maybe switching to dirt might be a good option!

Well said Bill. Besides, if you want to road race, why fool around with a truck? Build a Chumpcar. 35,000 people at Homestead might see you, but don’t think for a minute that it’s going to get you a dime. Sure, it’s cool. Might be fun to do it once for the novelty of it all. But tell me how this works long term. With no purse, it makes it a lot harder to pay the bills, and trannies aren’t cheap. Feels way to much like a gimmick. But when you have no other track to race at, you have to do something I suppose to try and stay relevant.

Weft, absolutely agree if you look at it from a “should I race at Desoto or Auburndale this month” perspective.

However, we all watch Cup, and they race on road courses. Many like the sporty cars as well.

And I agree, a manual trans seems a no brainer, and possibly something a little more aero than a racing facsimile of a construction vehicle.

But if you don’t happen to have a spare Porsche lying around, and you do have a truck on a trailer, the Homestead deal maybe your only chance to feel “bigtime”, with existing equipment.

It ain’t for everybody, but it may be cool for some.

Which is exactly why I said, might be fun to try and maybe do it for the experience. But you def don’t need a Porsche. You can build s Chumpcar really cheap. To me, this just doesn’t seem to fit long term. I’m more of a long term thinker.

It is still kind of the same question:

I probably will lose “x” amount this weekend.

Is it worth it…?

Racer 444 whatever or should we just say Randy

I normally stay quiet on here for many many reasons but I can’t take it anymore. Yes Randy we know you have friend at the Desoto office and it still hasn’t helped you but let’s address something’s. First wouldn’t you have to compete in an event to call someone a competitor? Second you complain about that, then boast about SPATS but your tech has been done by the uncle of one of the competitors and it has been done by the series owner who also owns trucks in the series and built yours. Third, let’s be brutally honest here, dude you have to make it to tech and no one is standing in line to learn something from your truck. Forth you talk about the tech being done but let’s bring up yours (and hurry you may to go run and amend your rules after this one) the SPATS series has no rule that allows for 603/zz4 motor(for those that don’t know, they have aluminum heads) your rules also do not allow for aluminum heads on the built motors, your series owner has complained to the Desoto track owner saying that he can’t run there with us because he can’t keep up with the aluminum head motors but yet a good portion of your races have been won by trucks with 603’s/aluminum heads. So you mean to tell me that while you where teching valve springs (which seems to be all you tech) you couldn’t tell that the heads where aluminum? Or is this selective tech on who you allow to have them? Or most likely it is that your truck count is so bad that you really can’t kick anyone out.

Tech

I strongly disagree with the last post. When the 16k won the race and his uncle teched, he made sure that there were several other people capable of teching and several other drivers viewing to ensure he did a fair tech. I’ve been to several SPATS and FASTRUCK series races and nothing can compare to nights that man teched. As far as 603 being allowed, I have a copy of the rules that SPATS gave to all of their drivers and I will read them as soon as I get home today. In comparison, I have never been given or seen a documented set of rules for FASTRUCK. It clearly seems to be a he said, she said type of deal and apparently we can run whatever motor we like as long as it is “grandfathered in”.

Cody,

It would appear that there are two logical courses of action moving forward.

1. Write tech to match the current hot setups. Then enforce. The chips will fall where they may.

2. Add weight to the fast guys until the field is approximately even. Either with rules, or Yoho mini stock style–congratulate them and then inform them in victory lane that 75lb will be added to their car next week.

Number one is easier but just about guarantees a low truck count.

And number two is an argument every week.

Thoughts? A third option…?

Cody have you ever asked Danny for a set of rules? If not, try asking for them and I’m sure a set can be emailed to you, Also I never said there is anything wrong with King has a tech man, was meaning him looking at your truck is no different than a competitor looking at your truck. Then your last comment I am assuming that was meant towards Danny’s motor but his motor rule is exactly the same now has it was in Coulter series. That can be proven. Also while you are reading the SPATS rules and commenting on motors, stop for minute and read the built motor rules, then read them again and realize that motor can be a 305 a 350 a 383 a 400, hmmmm try running against one of those if someone felt like building one

I agree with you on that. But, if someone feels uncomfortable with another driver or owner teching them. That is understandable and that is why King had other people viewing what he was doing to make sure it was fair. As long as that person does everything correctly, it shouldn’t matter who does tech.

I really don’t want to get involved with all the bashing, but just putting in my opinion. First we had Fups, then Coulter, then Spats, then Fastruck. Tech has been a problem since the beginning. There’s no easy fix, but the chip rule has helped a lot. Our new sealed 602 has helped us a lot also. We had the chance to run New Smyrna a few weeks ago and had a great time. Everyone has their own opinion about the road coarse, but I know it does cost $1200 to enter a Chumpcar race so $200 plus a truck we already have makes way more sense. Yes our standard transmission is probably more fun on the road coarse, but with a barely 15 year old driver, it is probably a dis advantage to us right now. We were told we would loose oil pressure turning right, but I watched every minute of in car footage and it never dropped. And we did not run extra oil. We were treated like Nascar drivers while we were at Homestead and had a steady flow of race fans stopping by our garage to see the truck, take pictures and get autographs. My son is really excited to go back and race there. If you choose not to go then that’s fine, but please don’t try to talk people out of going trying to get this race cancelled. It’s not fair to all the drivers that want to go.

In the interest of being factual since you own Chumpcars, that entry is also split among 4 people typically and it isn’t always that high of a price. And the vehicle surely doesn’t cost what a truck costs. Not to mention, how many hours of track time do you get in a chumpcar? 2-3 hours vs 15 laps. We are comparing apples and oranges here. Sure it’s a novelty now, but will it stay that way over the long haul?

“We were treated like Nascar drivers while we were at Homestead and had a steady flow of race fans stopping by our garage to see the truck, take pictures and get autographs. My son is really excited to go back and race there.”–Winnerscircle

Sounds like a great time to me, and another great time coming up!

Note to Chumpcar: Have Bobby Diehl rename your series. It’s one rung down from FUPS.

Winnercircle

I don’t think I said a word about trucks not going to homestead. Not my cup of tea but that’s cause I’m not even a nascar fan. That being said cole did a great job this weekend, surprised a lot of people. I’m personally tired of randy running his mouth non stop and crying. By the way the crying was going on before the FUPS even. For Randy, do we need Obama care for you, slow everyone down to the point it’s a bomber race so you can get it

100% blown trannys and motors? What kind of POS are you guys running for a transmission of do you guys not know how to shift properly? How many trucks had Blown engines when the Fastruck series raced at Sebring?

Um dude 90% have automatics

Which suggests a manuel transmission is “legal”.

So, why are 90% awfulmatics?

Good question. I would have to say because the rule just changed this year and not many felt like making the change

You buy me all the stuff to go Manual $2800 and I will gladly put your name on my shit!

OS, I believe you have to add 75 lbs to run a manual transmission. I could be wrong on the weight though.