Modified Rules and Procedures for Gov Cup Weekend

New Smyrna Speedway
October 23, 2015
For Immediate Release…

MODIFIED RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR
FLORIDA GOVERNOR’S CUP WEEKEND

The HTI Modifed 75 will be run by current 2015 New Smyrna Speedway rules with the following exceptions:

Any shock that does not conform to the current rules must add 25lbs per shock. No bump stops or bump springs will be allowed.

Front nose width will be a maximum of 43 ? inches

Front tube clip must maintain at least 3 ? inches from bottom of cross member to center of lower control arm mounting points. Must maintain same distance right and left.

Weight will be 7 lbs per cubic inch with a maximum weight of 2650 lbs. Minimum weight will be 2500 lbs.

Tube clip must add 50 pounds.

MODIFIED 75 PROCEDURES

TIRES…R750. THIS IS A TIRE IMPOUND RACE. TIRES MAY BE SELECTED ON FRIDAY HOWEVER NO TIRES WILL BE MOUNTED UNTIL SATURDAY

CAUTION LAPS DO NOT COUNT. YOU CANNOT GO A LAP DOWN UNDER CAUTION AS LONG AS YOU ARE BACK ON THE TRACK BY THE GREEN FLAG.

THERE IS A LUCKY DOG UNTIL 10 TO GO

THERE WILL NOT BE COMPETITION YELLOW

YOU CANNOT CHANGE TIRES UNLESS YOU HAVE A FLAT THAT IS VERIFIED BY A TECH OFFICIAL (MUST BE A SCUFFED TIRE). (5 LAP PENALTY FOR BOGUS FLATS)

Hey Kim what about running Camaro or nova front geometry tube clips on modified is that aloud ? a simple yes or no answer would be great let us know thanks.

It’s spelled “Allowed”.

Thanks old Double D on that correction sometimes I do that I am not perfect . I figured there would be no answer to my question. but I think we know it already. :musik010: this is as close to a fiddle as they have .

The rules are pretty clear. If you have a car feel free to contact Jeff or myself. The modified in question has called and his questions were answered. It might help a lot of people to actually work on their cars like some do instead of whining on a message board about why they get outran.

When the tube clip was approved there was a jig that they had to meet.
There were only 3 people that got there clips approved and no camro or nova clips were allowed then.
Don’t know what might have happen in the last years.
John at Desoto had the jig last I knew.

don62

Ricky can you give us a answer to the question ( is the Camaro and Nova frontend geometry legal ) in the fab clip that Port City builds.

Fred

Ricky, how do we contact you. There are a couple things I wanted to ask you?

The rule says tube clip. With a dimension from bottom of cross member for governors cup. Next year it will be completely revised.

Ricky,

Seems like Showtime has lots of modifieds. Will you be coordinating with Yoho on next year’s rules?

When will the new rules be available for the racers?

Do you anticipate the existing “stock clip” cars will be legal, and if so, do you believe they will be competitive?

Tube clip

Don…a few years ago New Smyrna had a Howe part number for a tube clip that was legal…it was a 2x4 front clip…it was also a camaro.

Rules are only as good as the people enforcing them and terrible if not enforced. Which car do you own? How many races have you ran in this year?

Stock clip cars

What stock clip cars are not competitive now??

Mine. I’m even down on hoesepower now.

Not buying it…you guys were one spot out of the top 20 if I recall correctly.

[QUOTE=Ricky Brooks;165771]The rule says tube clip. With a dimension from bottom of cross member for governors cup. Next year it will be completely revised.[/QUOTE

Rickey what will be completely revised next year what will it say in the rules ? now I am just asking because I am tired of wasting money throwing it away . I own the green and white #8 was a E-mod now has a new motor in it . and also building a sportsman for next year and now I hear they may be running tube clip as well next year . I have not been out racing because I have just about lost interest in racing because over the last few years seam like every time you turn around something gets change in the rules. I am talking about other classes that I had cars in that I sold because of it . I also bought my kid a bandolero race 3 time osw now it sits . I would like to find out what’s up for next year. so I can decide if I want to sale everything and get out of racing any info would be great thank you .

What’s so hard here,it’s a modified people make it simple let them build clips must use stock lower control arms stock steering box who cares where there mounted let them use their heads and build a better mouse trap.Do you think GM didn’t know what they were doing,let them build more cars for the tracks stop being mad at your money next question common sense.See us at the races.

This is not anything against Josh Todd this is about the 7 car with Camaro geometry which is illegal with Ford lower control arms, Camaro has narrow frame rails, had to put on a Ford lower control arms which is wider to makeup the difference. Which make the frontend geometry completely different from everyone else. This should be outlawed until the tracks come up with a new set of rules. There is way too much money at stake in these yearend races to allow this or any car with this setup to run. Add weight or make them run the Camaro lower control arm do something to equalize the field. 12 wins in a row should have any tech man scratching his head. Doug Miller mentioned Yoho bought the MSD box that was in the 7 car. I hope we hear the outcome of the test on this box.

So with that being said I guess we need to make the impala clip cars take the Ford lowers off as well and put the stock Chevy lowers back on?

Ricky we have been racing modifieds for 14 years and have not seen a ford lower on a Impala or large car frame from GM. We have had at least 6 different chassis and not one with the Ford lowers.

What the 7 car is doing is changing the roll center. Not saying that someone has not done it, just saying that the majority do not run the Ford lowers. If they did the offset on the wheels would make it stand out.

Thanks for your input on this matter.