Posted for Ricky Brooks Auburndale

Now, why do you have to start with me?

First of all you have never asked me how I am involved with the supers, not that it is any of you’re business anyways. But yes, I am involved with a super team and I also have one.

I was unaware that I had to post my resume up here for your approval.

Well, come on Weft, name the classes that had over 20 cars?

Stop being a message board troll.

I’m honestly just giving you crap. Purely just for fun. I didn’t think you would respond so quickly. But let see, NSS is always over 20
sportsmans, Fastruck has had over 30 at Desoto and always at least 26 this season there. Lowest total Showtime for Fastruck was 20. And Showtime regularly has 20 in OWM, Mini Stocks, and Street Stocks.

Ya, it has been a long day, spent the last 7 hrs working in the rain, not too happy!

Fastruck is a series, there will always be good car counts with a series, I do not remember the OWM car counts, the mini stocks, they fluctuate, I looked on speednet and there are one week there was 25 and the rest of the weeks there was 15 or 18.

The last time the sprints ran there I think there was 15 of them?

When was the last sportsman race at showtime?

Why would there “always” be more cars with a series?

Seems like, here I am, car owner, with my expenses and obligations…can I afford/want to go race…or not.

Whether Bobby (sorry Bob) calls or Yoho posts a purse, what is the difference?

Look, it is not only car count. Whether there are 12 or 22 cars is not as important as how many “good” cars there are fighting for the win. 8 is great, 6 is good, even 4 is fine.

But when it gets down to one or two running away…the fans notice, and the promoters notice the fans noticing.

I would not be doing the “save money with 5k motors” soapbox thing if there were plenty of owners with 100K budgets, but they slowly seem to be dwindling.

Eventually, Governor’s Cup type events will be it, and then…

In fact, a year or so ago there was a debate involving Yoho running the “World Championship of Late Models” or something (it was three days ago and I don’t recall the actual name), the thought being “who is he to claim a World Championship event, that is Governor’s Cup territory?”.

No debate this year. On the 31st of October I saw a 25 lap late model race at Inverness that was as good as either of the special events this past weekend.

IMO, the late models are at a tipping point. Find more good cars–or figure out how to make more existing cars capable of running for the win, or the Promoters will look elsewhere for a full field.

Again, keep in mind that I have traveled a considerable distance to see three late model events in two weeks. I am not the enemy here, only the (possibly misguided) messenger.