Tracks Scheduling on Top of Each Other

Per Weft (and Yoho!), Auburndale scheduled their Late Model event “over” Showtime’s.

Well…not really. Showtime was Saturday night and Auburndale was run on Sunday.

Auburndale was supposed to qualify on Sat night but it was rained out. I don’t know how they handled it, but only ONE (1) car pulled over to Auburndale that was at St Pete, the number one of Roger Blevins.

I have been to Inverness, St Pete, Auburndale, & New Smyrna in recent history, and the support classes are all about one-track cars.

In my experience, only a handful of ANY cars tow to other tracks.

All of which points out, IMO, that each track should have rules that promote inexpensive race cars, including late models and modifieds, and run them every week.

IMO, the “schedule on top of” thing is largely a non issue–and cannot be prevented at any rate.

I tend to disagree. It’s def an issue, albeit entirely avoidable. Its a lot to ask Super teams to race on back to back days. People have families and this ain’t 1965 prices anymore.

There’s a lot of regions in the country that run Late Models (or Mods, Sprints, other headline divisions) that run 2, 3, or 4 nights a week.

I don’t buy into the theory that racing more than once a week is “too much to ask of them”.

Lack of DESIRE is the only thing that stopped everyone but Roger Blevins from running both tracks this weekend…

“…[late models cannot be run for] 1965 prices anymore”–Weft

Agreed, but Sportsman crate or inexpensive “built” motors are the equivalent of '65 motors, price wise. Maybe less.

8" tires, same, conventional shocks, same (hey, they used to run 2 per corner).

[QUOTE=Frasson118;166142]There’s a lot of regions in the country that run Late Models (or Mods, Sprints, other headline divisions) that run 2, 3, or 4 nights a week.

I don’t buy into the theory that racing more than once a week is “too much to ask of them”.

Lack of DESIRE is the only thing that stopped everyone but Roger Blevins from running both tracks this weekend…[/QUOTE]

This isn’t the rest of the country. You deal with what you have. And you deal with the “DESIRE” of the available racers you have, or you just keep on going with the status quo which seems to be working so well.

Here lately it’s been Rex dropping races on top of others. Showtime sets their schedule at the beginning of the year, and I think Desoto does too for the most part. This weekend He did race on Sunday and to be honest I thought more teams would make the double. I know Joe Winchell was but they broke which kept them home for the weekend. I hate this because everyone loses yes even TRex. It’s almost that if I can’t have her no one will mentality.

An extreme example to make a point:

There are lots of Neons. If they could build a late model for the same coin do you think they would?

Now, of course they can’t, but IMO, it is hard not to understand that the more a car costs and the more it takes to keep it up, the less of them there will be, and vice versa.

That is why there is a Corvette C4 with my name on it, rather than a C7.

ps–Sport, eventually no one will want “her”!

You’re killin me Smalls. Even I got a C5. Bought it when I sold my racecar.

Continuing with the “her” analogy, do you like the big ass on your car? :sprachlos020:

Just funnin’, no offense intended (or not much, anyway).

My bro has a C5 that has been tricked out and is very fast. Mine, not so much, lol.

I keep it stock stock stock. It’s fun enough.

I am sure it is a nice ride.

No such thing as a bad Corvette.

Now, back to the racing “action” (:fragend005:):

From my experience, the only cars that I have seen frequent two tracks are at Showtime and…Desoto.

Since Yoho has posted his '16 schedule, I believe I would work around that if I were the brass at Desoto.

But, of course, whether they choose to do so is their prerogative.

Oh, I think Desoto has irons in the fire on multiple fronts. The gentleman they have working there now I believe would rather forms alliances than enemies. He seems to realize that the current way things are happening isn’t optimal. Now getting all the other tracks to play nice is another story entirely, so I’d say stay tuned.

[QUOTE=Frasson118;166142]There’s a lot of regions in the country that run Late Models (or Mods, Sprints, other headline divisions) that run 2, 3, or 4 nights a week.

Lack of DESIRE is the only thing that stopped everyone but Roger Blevins from running both tracks this weekend…[/QUOTE]

DESIRE is a strange way to spell money and time sir. :huh:
I don’t know that there are actually a “lot” of places where the same people run multiple consecutive days. There are places that have enough race cars in the area to put on full field shows with different groups of racers at multiple tracks multiple times per weekend, with a few guys who might run multiple times.

Hmmmm…

Let’s assume most racers have the desire.

I would think the deal would then become “I can make race and make money on two consecutive days!”.

Unless, of course, the real deal is “I can race and lose money on two consecutive days”.

Hat’s off to Mr Blevins for giving it a shot. When you factor in his replacement “sheetmetal”, I hope he came out in the black.

Luke… there are a LOT of places where racers run more than 1 night per week.
The dirt Late Models and Modifieds do it right here in Florida.

Frasson,

Why do you think local dirt racing is, shall we say, more “robust” (!) in so many areas than local asphalt racing?