sportsman NSS

anybody hear that they DQED top 3 sportsman cars and why ?

sportsman cars

[QUOTE=shorttrackcar1;168195]anybody hear that they DQED top 3 sportsman cars and why ?[/QUOTE]You know the old story… something wrong with the Heads

Patrick, you got some splainin to do boy. LOL !

Took me a minute (I’m kinda slow)…cheetahs…

Lol

Lmao that was good Todd. What happened to you figured you would have raced all 3 nights?

well there needs to be some kind of penalty here Patrick’s wins should be taken away this is the world series this week and the points should be taken away from all of them . not fair to the other guys right is right sorry . I guess that’s how he got all those wins last year.

great job tech guys for busting them !!

That was last year

[QUOTE=shorttrackcar1;168207]well there needs to be some kind of penalty here Patrick’s wins should be taken away this is the world series this week and the points should be taken away from all of them . not fair to the other guys right is right sorry . I guess that’s how he got all those wins last year.[/QUOTE] Patrick worked hard for what he got last year. He is in a new car this year with someone calling the shots, Right or wrong, if you drive for someone, you go with the flow. The part that I don’t understand is why only the top 3 where tected, why did they not go on down the list to 4-5-6 to see who the winner was. How do we know if the 4th place car was right? Life at NSS

Built motor

I’m sure Patrick will get on here and tell everyone what happened and why. He has always ran crate motors and that new car he is driving had a crate in it, now has a built motor. My opinion is the built motors are now out running the crates and they went that way like other people have and got caught I guess.

In the interest of fairness, I think Patrick was legit last year and earned everything he had coming to him. They tore him apart last year and found nothing. He earned the ride this year based on how he performed last season. Fair is fair and I will call me like I see em. Prob blame the new car owner.

I don’t know why they don’t make it crate motor only no built motors nobody’s ever happy till they ruin a good class. and this why racing will NEVER EVER recover in FL. to build a motor and cheat it cost a lot more then a crate motor and is just plan stupid! must feel good to win like that .:aktion033:

This is my statement about this whole DQ deal.

Last year in my car was a crate motor that was checked week in and week out, and is sitting on my garage floor blown up if anybody wants to have it teched, I will gladly let that happen.

The 111 car that I am driving now had a crate motor in it when I got this ride, but had a refreshened built motor that was built some time last year ready to be put in the car. While yes I put the built motor in the car, I wasn’t made aware that work had been done on the heads, when the heads were built 10 plus years ago. I was told they were castings from the 1970s and have been race heads since the early 2000s. I don’t claim to be an engine guy, that’s why I love crate motors, but the heads were too smooth and looked like they had some work done under the valves.

The second place car of Cody Jett had just bought the 9r car that Marty Pierce was scheduled to drive. This was that cars first time out in over a year, and the heads were ported bad enough that Ricky didn’t even have them pull the heads

Derrick Woods in 3rd had neck down valves in his heads which were also illegal, but I don’t think they had any port work done.

I wish this was a crate motor only class, and after being DQed, Ricky was over heard talking to Jeff Sutcliff the weekly head tech man about making the sportsman class a crate motor only class.

I will promise you this, we will get a legal set of heads on this motor and be back out ready to pull them off again and prove that we will win races without having to cheat. I have some say in what we are putting together and it will be legal.

As for the Facebook crusade, and the Karnac haters, guess what I was wrong, but the 2 that are talking the most crap haven’t had to pull a head YET…

Patrick Thomas 111

hard to talk when you dont have a car i heard daddy sold it on you when you threw a temper tantrum. looks like youre the one who got spanked

Patrick, you have been a man about this, and have conducted yourself like a champion. I am looking forward to following your 2016 season!

My $0.02.

Week in and week out Patrick goes to great lengths to make sure that car is legal.

On Thursday night changes were made to make sure there was a margin of safety on the scales.

Patrick also helps more than one of his competitors go faster.

Jim Harris (Harris Oil, Mount Dora) is a stand up guy that invests significant money into the sport that would be easier spent elsewhere.

Of all the problems of local short track racing (see “future of modified racing” thread), the #111 Team is an asset, not an issue.

Next topic?

Front running crate cars spend way more than most built motor cars in the class. If they went to crate only cars those of us on a budget would have major disadvantages. Most front running crates spend spend way too much on carb way to much on dyno time lightest legal driveshaft, clutch, and rear endparts/axels and then you have those racers who take brand new crate motors to motor shops and completely rebuild them changing piston rings camshaft a and whatever else. The idea of a crate would be great but every so many wins a motor swap program should be adopted.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;168219]My $0.02.

Week in and week out Patrick goes to great lengths to make sure that car is legal.

On Thursday night changes were made to make sure there was a margin of safety on the scales.

Patrick also helps more than one of his competitors go faster.

Jim Harris (Harris Oil, Mount Dora) is a stand up guy that invests significant money into the sport that would be easier spent elsewhere.

Of all the problems of local short track racing (see “future of modified racing” thread), the #111 Team is an asset, not an issue.

Next topic?[/QUOTE]

Patrick will absolutely without hesitation tell you exactly what is in his car, after he kicks your ass with it. He constantly preaches being legal to me any time we chat and I would never once second guess anything he says. Shit happens sometimes. I couldn’t look at a cyl head and tell you the difference between an altered one either as I am sure many couldn’t. I find it funny that he gets nailed once with a motor that isn’t even his own and everyone jumps at the chance to label him a cheater. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Funny stuff! Happy Tuesday!

Guess it is not time to move on yet…

“Front running crate cars spend way more than most built motor cars in the class.”--souk

Look, to compare apples to apples you have to look at the engine separate from the car.

A crate is less than $4k, and you simply cannot build a motor–even a bad one–for that amount.

If there is more work/money in the rest of the car, that is another argument.

And I can tell you in the case of the #111, it is more work than money.

The Rules, Boss, The Rules

I think they should come up with max valve size, max lift and duration, max compression and displacement, and maybe a few other details and let them do whatever they want.

Logically, those specs would be lifted from a crate. Then if a low dollar guy can build one for less from junkyard pieces, more power to him, and there would be no incentive to invest more than what it takes to purchase a new crate motor.

Regardless, Patrick is a well deserving National Champion, and he did it with a tired crate.