sportsman NSS

OS, everyone wants to find a reason to knock someone down. I watch it up here constantly with Keith Rocco… Any good racer will push the limits now and again and cross that line. It happens. Trying to find that edge is what makes us racers.

Any Other

D-Ques over the weekend ?

Phil, I get that, I respect that, frankly I don’t even have a problem with that.

But in this case, I can guaran-damn-tee you that there was surprise in the #111 pits when it was determined that work had been done to those heads a decade or so ago.

ps–let us not forget the steering wheel. Patrick can flat wheel a car. Thankfully an advantage in the seat is legal.

What I can’t believe is -

Old School didn’t get his 2 cents in until the 16th post. LOL !

:waffen093:EZ,

–I knew you could take the suspense.

Patrick

Patrick don’t worry about what people say. I know you wouldn’t have cheated on purpose that’s not how you or I roll. My motor and car got tore apart a ton last year and people still think I was cheating even when I proved it. Mike I’m sorry but I know people with built motors that spent 8000 plus on them. This class has changed a lot over the past few years and I think crate motors and even buying all lightweight parts is still cheaper in the long run. Everyone thinks you have to cheat crate motors up to win and you don’t it’s been proven. Oh and Patrick tell Danny hi for me and he looked like he was doing pretty good times in your car.

First, Patrick is a good racer, but all good racers also push (or cheat) the rules. If you don’t get caught, it’s not cheating. I would bet money the heads wouldn’t be the only thing they would of found if they kept looking. FYI, if your going to cheat in the motor, you don’t just do one thing. Why not have a light bottom end. When was the last time you saw them weigh a crank? Pat says they checked his all year, but no offense to Jeff, how many times did Ricky look? There is to many good cars that he caught and passed easily (Bass), red flag. Not busting on Patrick or Donnie W, we/they all push envelope.

OMG! this is so easy crate motor only! no built motors . no rebuilding crate engines, seals must be intact on motor. no changing the oil pans. all must run same carburetor and spacer. if caught with crate motor that has been tamper with you are DQED for that race and any race you won before that. and winnings are paid back or driver is suspended the rest of the season and points taken away. if they have tough penalty’s and enforced them they would have a great class . nothing is done to punish the rule breakers.

How about a battery charger connected to his anatomy while we are at it?

Patrick has explained the situation. The motor was “new” to him, and how a “built motor” ran was also new. He got out-motored frequently by built motors last year, it was logical to think they make a little more power. Ironically, it was an “honest” mistake.

Incidentally, I believe the #7 modified won a Modified race. Congratulations to Dick and Josh, no strings attached here.

old school I am not picking on Patrick he is a great driver I will still root for him to win out of the sportsman class. I am just saying there should have been strict rules from the get go . I believe it will make a strong class and a class with a lot of cars .

Good thoughts, shorttrack.

NSS is doing their best as well. They check something different every week, to keep 'em guessing.

Every week.

Old fool, you’ve got to be kidding me. Honest mistake? Your telling me Donnie nor Pat knew those heads have not been touched…BS! So those heads and that motor have sat around with old ass valves and springs and they just threw it in the car? Have you not looked at his cars? They look like Supers, no junk bolted on them. Do you know of a driver/owner that didn’t play stupid when caught? Stick to being a fan…

Ptwerpy,

Look, normally I would agree with you, but in this case, I know better first hand.

I was under the #111 Thursday night. And I was there when it rolled through tech Thursday night–and passed. There was no concern in that pit.

Do you know of what you speak first hand?

Sometimes truth seems stranger than fiction–but it is still truth.

Statement #2 because this is ridiculous.

The built motor that I ran this weekend was a motor that was freshened up, the motor hasn’t been in a Racecar in several years. When Donny was still driving for Mr. Harris, he was struggling keeping up racing a crate motor against the built motors. Truly I was also struggling trying to beat the built motor cars with my old 25 car with a crate motor. We won a lot last year with a crate motor, but really struggled to keep up with the 55 and 28 at the end of last year. So when I found out that Mr Harris had a built motor that just needed to be put in the car I was excited to put it in. The motor that got DQed this weekend, according to 2 reputable people, had passed tech 5 to 6 times in the passed. That’s how the motor was presented to me, as a legal motor.

As everybody knows, there used to be very little tech at Newsmyrna. The heads that were DQed were over 10 years old, and had never been accused of even being close to being illegal, infact I was told when they were teched before, the cars they were also teching were DQed and these were called legal.

I would love this class to be a crate motor only class, I think it is ridiculous how much you can spend on a built motor. They need to do something now to make the 2 motor combinations closer together because they are not. They need a chip rule or gear rule on the built motors, or give the crate motor cars a weight break or more left side weight or something.

As far as light weight parts on the top crate cars, of coarse the top guys have light parts bolted to the crate motor, but if you think the top built motor cars aren’t bolting lightweight parts to the motor, you are sadly mistaken, so that’s a mute point.

Once again I can promise you, when we bring the built motor back out, it will have a new set of legal heads, and I will be happy to tear down again to show everybody, just like I was Sunday night when I was sure the motor I was racing was legal.

Sucks, this class had so much momentum going, and now the whole class has a black eye, the top 3 cars all had illegal heads. And I bet if Ricky would have decided to keep tearing down motors, he would have found more. The real loser in this whole deal is the sportsman class for all the negative press.

Patrick Thomas 111

Respectfully, I would suggest that all is well with the Sportsman class, and your reputation.

The cars still look like throwback late models, and the racing is close. The fans love them.

The next event will come up, the green will fall, someone will try to “cut down” on you, the fans will see it two ways…someone will get a trophy.

Just another speedbump along the way.

We had some disagreements and the car was sold as a result. I fell out of love with racing back in march 2010. So Daddy selling his car made me very happy. I’ve played this game numerous times and won it a couple handful of times too. Game over…:):aktion033:

You guys have fun as the last good class in Florida is now officially on the ropes!

Am hoping things improve with your Father.

Apparently Shyanne Mathers’ dad bought Todd’s car and gave it to his daughter as a Valentine’s Day present… She won the Strictly Stock championship at NSS three years ago, I think it was…

Also see that Derrick Kelley (SLM #21) was thrown off the property for the remainder of the week for soaking tires…

Reading this entire thread, as painful as it was. I don’t see any of this as negative press unless it’s interpreted that way. Tech is happening, guys know what they need to do and the other guys see it happening.

Win Win if you ask me.

curly.jpg

I believe everything patrick has to say. NOT!