Super Modifieds 4-9 At Desoto

Another thought that I have had for a while…

Not that there is enough money to go around as it is, or more than enough classes to go around as it is, but…

There could be a local supermod (per se) class–built to look like Northeast Supermods–approximately analogous to our current mods resembling a NE Tour mod.

That is, a ton of offset, bodies and wings that look like NE supermods, but current mod or late model (or less) engine and other similar rules to keep costs in line with other current race cars.

The whole question would be–how long would it take to build enough to have a class?

On the other hand, if most parts were current parts, a Team could choose to build one instead of a second car.

Troy

I bet you did have fun. I love the idea of being able to try that stuff. i imagine with a few practice dates you would be able to work out all the bugs…was the tire a 10" slick ? And i would support that for sure…lol. Did moff get the track record he was looking for ? P.S. did you have any clearance issues with the tire ?

Here is a pat on the back to Batman, Doug Moff and whoever else actually got out in the shop, went to work and tried something different. That idea had the potential to be a hell of a show. Maybe it is not over yet.

If they gave guys a few months notice and scheduled it right they might have something. People would come out to watch cars like that.
IF someone had the fore thought to plan on running them once or twice a month at their track next year, i think a lot more guys would do it. You could come up with a set up that could easily be put back to normal mod set up and race elsewhere if you wanted.