Desoto results & story from 4-23

Wonder if he heard the racing season has even started. Just maybe one day people will understand that sometimes you just have to be different whether everyone likes it or not.

Ricky

Yes I heard it started. And to all. I spoke to an advocate of the 750 when they made the F-53 to the 750 change. Then we change to a different tire. he didnt like that tire and many others dont either. Oh and just so there is no confusion it was a veteran Modified driver. I cant and dont speak for other classes. But i will dam sure speak up about the mods.

So Ricky …Do you think it is smart to have two sets of tires between 4 local tracks ??

Do you think its wise to have different set of Rules at different tracks ? You want to make short B.S. comments why dont you answer the real question. Be part of the solution or continue promoting the problem.

Patrick,
How much do they cost mounted ? Whats the difference in the 750 and american ? Grip? longevity ? Is the side wall rock hard ?

Well Doug I’m trying to help central FL racing trying to get tracks on the same see the of rules also but it doesn’t happen over night. New Smyrna, Desoto and Auburndale are closer now than ever and next year should be the exact same. The tires aren’t the problem with having 2 different set’s because no one run 1 set all year. So I’m trying to be part of a solution and yes I throw out bs comments because I get tired of whiners like you bashing tracks trying to stay open for racers and all they get is bs from whiners thar don’t even go to any of those tracks. It’s amazing how some people sit at a computer and whine about everything but I haven’t seen them at any track in the south except for Karnac Motor Speedway!!!

PR person of the year.

Ricky

I dont go to your track…I have been at every track on the west coast this year supporting them like i have for the past decade. I dont bash tracks i bash ignorance. We bolt on new tires every couple races but we practice on the set before ??? Duh. We are losing bigger car counts because of the different tire…simple as that. And you will certainly get to meet me soon enouph and i will be glad to go over why you allow the motors at New Symrna to be an inch lower and the width 4 inches wider. Dont think for a minute that i am not fully involved in florida racing. I just watched two different modified drivers take their first wins in the last couple weeks. Take a look at my signature pal. Do you have a different set of rules for the series you are in or are you following the posted track rules ? Or are you simply following what suits you at the time of inspection. You can call me whatever you want but I would prefer you do it to my face. one set of rules one tire in the entire state of florida…Not just the tracks you are associated with. You may be the premier tech guy in florida and i respect that but you are one man and so am I. So dont tell me that all i do is whine and dont support florida racing. I aint on this dam computer because i want to cause crap and deal with every opinion that reads this stuff but i do want it to get to people that matter. And i certainly hope that when they see or hear about it they dont throw stones cuz their feeling get hurt. The promoters have to be on the same page along with the people who tech their weekly shows.

Karnac Motor Speedway…LOL

I’m glad the cat is out of the bag, at last, hopefully now that Doug exposed this issue that has been hiding secretly for years this will be the beginning of a new era.
Fight the good fight Doug! They can’t stop you from talking to people and voicing your opinion here. If it wasn’t for the small little minority that realize what the real problem is the rest of the world would never know! The solution is out there for the whole world to see now thanks to you buddy, let the great revolution begin.

What Doug either fails to realize, or perhaps care about, is the fact that there are more things in play when it comes to tires than just the Open Wheel Modified class. What about the backbone racer in a street stock. He’s not bolting on tires every week. He can’t afford it. What works at one track may not work at other tracks. You almost get the feeling that Doug thinks this is all a plot to screw people over. It’s not. When Bill Van Devender states that he started a 30 lap Sportsman feature with 132 laps on a set of American Racers, and managed to finish 2nd, that tells me that a track isn’t trying to sell tires. That tells me that they chose the tire so it would last and in turn save money for racers. That tells me they recognize that without racers, you have no show. The shows me they flat out get it. It wouldn’t matter if the American Racer cost a little more, even though it doesn’t, bc you’d make it up with durability.

In a perfect world, sure, would be great if everyone was on the same tire. We don’t live in such a world. Different tracks, classes, drivers have different circumstances. If you don’t like the tire, then go to the place that has the tire you prefer. You can’t please the world. Just go race somewhere at least. But don’t start a ridiculous message board crusade bc you don’t like a tire. It’s played out and nobody really cares anyway. The guys who are fast on Hoosiers, are still fast on American Racers.

Weft,

Clearly, Yoho is his own independent man.

Can you share any info on why he is not part of the Desoto/Auburndale “collusion”?:dry:

I wouldn’t refer to it as collusion. Collusion implies there is a sinister motive. It’s a mutually beneficial arrangement to both tracks and it also benefits the racers. It’s a pretty neat deal to have a pair of tracks that show such a level of cooperation. Like I said, different tracks have different needs/reasons. Without any inside knowledge, I would have to say Yoho has the deal in place that is best for his business and suits his track. Nobody can vilify him for that. Schedule wise, I think there has been cooperation all around, including Showtime. No tracks have been in direct conflict this year, and I would argue that points to the fact that everyone is trying to work together as much as possible. I think it’s a great thing.

It wuz a current events joke, sir. Actually they are a joke also, but a different discussion.

Just was wondering if Robert had been approached to be part of The Alliance (Cue Vader music…).

Info I don’t have OS. I stay out of that stuff anyway. Not my department and my hands are plenty full . Yoho seems like he’s doing just fine anyway.

Weft

[QUOTE=Weftracing96;169386]What Doug either fails to realize, or perhaps care about, is the fact that there are more things in play when it comes to tires than just the Open Wheel Modified class. What about the backbone racer in a street stock. He’s not bolting on tires every week. He can’t afford it. What works at one track may not work at other tracks. You almost get the feeling that Doug thinks this is all a plot to screw people over. It’s not. When Bill Van Devender states that he started a 30 lap Sportsman feature with 132 laps on a set of American Racers, and managed to finish 2nd, that tells me that a track isn’t trying to sell tires. That tells me that they chose the tire so it would last and in turn save money for racers. That tells me they recognize that without racers, you have no show. The shows me they flat out get it. It wouldn’t matter if the American Racer cost a little more, even though it doesn’t, bc you’d make it up with durability.

In a perfect world, sure, would be great if everyone was on the same tire. We don’t live in such a world. Different tracks, classes, drivers have different circumstances. If you don’t like the tire, then go to the place that has the tire you prefer. You can’t please the world. Just go race somewhere at least. But don’t start a ridiculous message board crusade bc you don’t like a tire. It’s played out and nobody really cares anyway. The guys who are fast on Hoosiers, are still fast on American Racers.[/QUOTE]

I actually pass down all my tires to the figure eight drivers for free. I would gladly pass down my 750 treaded to sportsman or street stock. Its not a crusade i just thinks its good thinking to have one tire across the board. one set of rules across the board for each class. Hopefully Citrus will run Hoosiers and I will spend my time between Showtime and Citrus. Running Modifieds, latemodels and wingless sprints. I have decided that EZ to pass is correct and you will never get florida tracks on one page. I am not out to hurt racing nor bash any individuals…TO ALL feel free to come to my trailor at any race you may see me at. I always have cold ones and an open ear. Including you MR.Brooks.

P.S. I know you are trying to get desoto, Auberndale and NSS on the same page but Showtime and Citrus are big players too.

Weft…Whens the last time you bolted on a greasy non forgiving tire on a 600 HP race car ? If you havent then you dont have a clue sir. My Crusade is over…

[QUOTE=openwm53;169392]I actually pass down all my tires to the figure eight drivers for free. I would gladly pass down my 750 treaded to sportsman or street stock. Its not a crusade i just thinks its good thinking to have one tire across the board. one set of rules across the board for each class. Hopefully Citrus will run Hoosiers and I will spend my time between Showtime and Citrus. Running Modifieds, latemodels and wingless sprints. I have decided that EZ to pass is correct and you will never get florida tracks on one page. I am not out to hurt racing nor bash any individuals…TO ALL feel free to come to my trailor at any race you may see me at. I always have cold ones and an open ear. Including you MR.Brooks.

P.S. I know you are trying to get desoto, Auberndale and NSS on the same page but Showtime and Citrus are big players too.

Weft…Whens the last time you bolted on a greasy non forgiving tire on a 600 HP race car ? If you havent then you dont have a clue sir. My Crusade is over…[/QUOTE]

Again, I’d agree that in a perfect world, that the same tire would be ideal. Back to what I said. Different tracks/drivers/classes have different needs.

Obviously, NSS, DSS, and A-Dale are all worki to get on the same page, exactly what you want right? Why not lobby to have Showtime and Citrus do the same if that’s what you seek?

We know you will run Showtime and Citrus. That was never in doubt.

Many drivers on American’s also get free take offs. The difference is, the drop off isn’t so bad and you can run them for several races.

Lastly, I haven’t bolted any tires on to a car in a long time. Truthfully, you haven’t either. However, we ran American Racers for many years on the Busch North Series and had no issues. Furthermore, those who were fast on Hoosiers are still fast and winning on American Racers. The cream is always going to rise, and the rest will continue to complain and lobby for softer tires as a crutch instead of working on their stuff.

weft

[QUOTE=Weftracing96;169393]Again, I’d agree that in a perfect world, that the same tire would be ideal. Back to what I said. Different tracks/drivers/classes have different needs.

Obviously, NSS, DSS, and A-Dale are all worki to get on the same page, exactly what you want right? Why not lobby to have Showtime and Citrus do the same if that’s what you seek?

We know you will run Showtime and Citrus. That was never in doubt.

Many drivers on American’s also get free take offs. The difference is, the drop off isn’t so bad and you can run them for several races.

Lastly, I haven’t bolted any tires on to a car in a long time. Truthfully, you haven’t either. However, we ran American Racers for many years on the Busch North Series and had no issues. Furthermore, those who were fast on Hoosiers are still fast and winning on American Racers. The cream is always going to rise, and the rest will continue to complain and lobby for softer tires as a crutch instead of working on their stuff.[/QUOTE]

Crutch, Dont work on stuff…lol I ran my first late model race a month ago. Qualified 8th out of 19 in a old big spring stock clip car that we busted our ass on for weeks…You and others must be drinking together. Im all for putting it in the drivers hand but not on a tire that promotes single file racing. Hey maybe the American is the best thing since sliced bread. I doubt it but hey thats my opinion. Do you know why YOHO stayed on the F-53 ? I will tell you. Because he listened to the racers and didnt want to see follow the leader at his track. He gets the biggest car counts period. When Citrus opens and William coordinates with Showtime. Watch the others roll over and follow suit. Im done with this discussion with you. My fat lazy ass needs a nap. Im gonna lay down next to my modified that im building on my own and dream about the sprint car project in the trailor. your exhausting.

I see the white flag, lol. It’s ok, we all knew.

Hey, don’t bring me into this butthurt conversation. Oh wait never mind, you said I was right. Carry on, and lower your voice when typing, you’ll sound less whiney. Haha, I simply can’t just say I told you so.

Doug, it is a good time to dust off the sprint car project. Pavement racing in Florida has stable management, one rule book, one brand of tires, and three tracks on board. Citrus is opening this year, and that track has traditionally been very friendly with sprints, so I hope and expect a forth place to race.

EZ, you are like a the KARNAC version of Al Sharpton. Every time there is a little problem, you pop up “to heal the situation!”

So many ironies, so little time…

[QUOTE=Boneman;169398]

EZ, you are like a the KARNAC version of Al Sharpton. Every time there is a little problem, you pop up “to heal the situation!”[/QUOTE]

I was called into this meeting !

But great analogy, and you usually appear behind me, stalker. LOL !