8. #07 Ron Lufcy
  9. #38 Ron Gustafson
  10. #16 David LeBeau
  11. #21 Mike Dahm
  12. #55 Michael Held
  13. #28 Brandon Christian
  14. #9 Kody Jett
  15. #60 Richard Fiore DNS
  16. #67 Colin Allman DQ (Illegal cross member and Scalloped Pressure Plate)

Modifieds

1. #66 Jerry Symons
  2. #4B Alan Bruns
  3. #15 Tank Tucker
  4. #96 Matt Wheeler
  5. #9 Art Kunzeman
  6. #76 Jim Higginbotham
  7. #98 Matt Jarrett
  8. #3 Greg Bryce
  9. #21 Mike Dahm
  10. #55 Shain Held DNS

Mod Minis

1. #1x Robbie Yoakam
  2. #71 Ted Vulpius
  3. #8 Jamie Dixson
  4. #1 David Russell
  5. #6 Mark Broat
  6. #35 Bobby Dooley

Bombers

1. #180 Richard Tyner
  2. #10 Joe Hamilton
  3. #03 Aaron Overman
  4. #07 Mike Scannell
  5. #21x Mac McDonald
  6. #00 Matt Thornton

Great Job

Great Job ,Kim Brown on getting this posted. There will be a lot of happy people in the morning :ohmy:[QUOTE=Kim Brown;169421]New Smyrna Speedway
Official Results
April 30, 2016

Sportsman 50

1. #111 Patrick Thomas
  2. #71 Earl Beckner
  3. #1 Derrick Wood
  4. #86 Richard Goodrich
  5. #10 Sandy Lee
  6. #00 Austin Carr
  7. #37 Kenner Brown
  8. #07 Ron Lufcy
  9. #38 Ron Gustafson
  10. #16 David LeBeau
  11. #21 Mike Dahm
  12. #55 Michael Held
  13. #28 Brandon Christian
  14. #9 Kody Jett
  15. #60 Richard Fiore DNS
  16. #67 Colin Allman DQ (Illegal cross member and Scalloped Pressure Plate)

Modifieds

1. #66 Jerry Symons
  2. #4B Alan Bruns
  3. #15 Tank Tucker
  4. #96 Matt Wheeler
  5. #9 Art Kunzeman
  6. #76 Jim Higginbotham
  7. #98 Matt Jarrett
  8. #3 Greg Bryce
  9. #21 Mike Dahm
  10. #55 Shain Held DNS

Mod Minis

1. #1x Robbie Yoakam
  2. #71 Ted Vulpius
  3. #8 Jamie Dixson
  4. #1 David Russell
  5. #6 Mark Broat
  6. #35 Bobby Dooley

Bombers

1. #180 Richard Tyner
  2. #10 Joe Hamilton
  3. #03 Aaron Overman
  4. #07 Mike Scannell
  5. #21x Mac McDonald
  6. #00 Matt Thornton[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the results!

GREAT JOB, TECH!

Can

[QUOTE=JMITCH;169439]Thanks for the results!

GREAT JOB, TECH![/QUOTE]

Anyone elaborate on the illegal crossmember ?

My understanding is that initially the transmission mount was supposed to be at stock Camaro dimensions. Along the way, this got to be a little lower in practice.

It is now being enforced.

The #111 was legal. Another great win for Patrick Thomas after knifing through the field and taking the checkered flag first. Some of his moves were through incredibly tight spaces, no doubt some credit goes to his spotter.

In other New Smyrna news, am not sure what Jerry Symons is using for a tach in his modified, perhaps something for a turbine, because it sounds like it is spinning at about 10,000 rpm.

What exactly does it mean stock camaro deminsions. I’m not following. Just curious on that rule. Never heard of it. Transmission just is mounted wherever it lands after motor is set in proper place.

The factory measurement from the center of the lower AFrame bolts to the bottom of the front, of the front crossmember under the oil pan, has to be 3 1/2"
A stock OEM front clip from GM for the Camaro is 3 1/2", so not to give guys with a fancy new, or old limited latemodel chassis a big clearance advantage over the guys with a full original stock crossmember. It’s a rule I really like, there are several guys with a complete stock crossmember that can compete with the top guys without cutting their cars apart raising the crossmember.

Patrick Thomas 111

question answered.

Thanks Patrick. It was unclear what was being stated. Makes sence.

I see

Thank you guys

Am I to understand that I could run my limited with a fab camera clip If I add steel to my crossmember to make the 3 and a half inches. I thought they outlawed the fab clip all together?
please let me know
Thanks

No fab clips allowed at this point, it must still be a factory clip, but you can cut the stock clip for fuel pump and oil pan clearance, but it must retain all the OEM dimensions.

Patrick Thomas 111

Actually was a pretty good show… Allman had them covered in the Sportsman feature until the car went sour, although it would not have mattered anyway after tech… Patrick did his usual calculated job of moving up through the field until there’s nothing but asphalt in front of him…
The Mod Mini race, both heat and feature, had great racing between Yoakam & Vulpius… Two really good veteran drivers who ran a number of laps side-by-side as clean as can be…
Jerry Symons looks like he’s cured his engine issues… that car sounded really stout…
Best part of the night was hanging out with old friend Red Stauffer who was helping Patrick Thomas… Red won quite a few Sprint Car races in his day and a few more as crew chief for Kenny Adams… I was on the mic at Volusia when Red won his first Sprint Car race 30 years ago!
Got to hand it to Scott for doing some of the “little things” to make things better for the drivers and teams… The Bomber winner (Crash Tyner) not only got his cash for winning, but also two dinners from Rodizio Grill… Crash does need some food! Big money sponsors are hard to find but restaurants wanting a little publicity are all over the place…
E. J. Wilcoxson is really getting involved with the Sportman class too with his American Auto business in New Smyrna… Gave away a lot of prizes and he’s also putting up more extra cash here and there… E. J. is one of the good guys in racing and everyone should let him know how much he is appreciated…

Out of curiosity I measured mine and its 3 3/4 difference. Lol. Not sure why that is. But good either way.

[QUOTE=ancrdave;169466]Actually was a pretty good show… Allman had them covered in the Sportsman feature until the car went sour, although it would not have mattered anyway after tech… Patrick did his usual calculated job of moving up through the field until there’s nothing but asphalt in front of him…
The Mod Mini race, both heat and feature, had great racing between Yoakam & Vulpius… Two really good veteran drivers who ran a number of laps side-by-side as clean as can be…
Jerry Symons looks like he’s cured his engine issues… that car sounded really stout…
Best part of the night was hanging out with old friend Red Stauffer who was helping Patrick Thomas… Red won quite a few Sprint Car races in his day and a few more as crew chief for Kenny Adams… I was on the mic at Volusia when Red won his first Sprint Car race 30 years ago!
Got to hand it to Scott for doing some of the “little things” to make things better for the drivers and teams… The Bomber winner (Crash Tyner) not only got his cash for winning, but also two dinners from Rodizio Grill… Crash does need some food! Big money sponsors are hard to find but restaurants wanting a little publicity are all over the place…
E. J. Wilcoxson is really getting involved with the Sportman class too with his American Auto business in New Smyrna… Gave away a lot of prizes and he’s also putting up more extra cash here and there… E. J. is one of the good guys in racing and everyone should let him know how much he is appreciated…[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the shout out Dave! Rodizio Grill is a proud sponsor!!! Crash Tyner actually frequents the restaurant quite often so it will be nice for him to dine on us for his great drive.

Stewart

Is your front clip a camaro or a big impala style ?

Camaro. Cope built car.

Do you serve “cake” too LOL???