bidder

so ,who was the only person to bid for charlotte county speedway. shame no updates.

Joe Gentry.
A Punta Gorda business man and former stock car driver.
And from what I was told,he is willing to get the place back to
Where it once was. I guess the former tenants took all the concession equipment and there is some kind of unpaid debt from the catch fence. Hopefully someone who has been by there recently can update us on any work being done around there to get the place opened back up.
Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=elmer;170289]Joe Gentry.
A Punta Gorda business man and former stock car driver.
And from what I was told,he is willing to get the place back to
Where it once was. I guess the former tenants took all the concession equipment and there is some kind of unpaid debt from the catch fence. Hopefully someone who has been by there recently can update us on any work being done around there to get the place opened back up.
Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

thank you Elmer.

Thanks for the info, I have been wondering if there was any news about the track trying to re-open. I know it is old news but I still don’t know why they let Williams strip the race track,like he did. When you rent a house furnished and appliances when you leave you can’t take the stuff with you, but he took everything. Well I hope the track can open again , since I moved down here in 1993 that was my new home track and sure do miss it. Thanks again and if anyone know’s or hears anything please let us know.

I tried to copy and paste from the Charlote county Cmmision but it won’t let me. The board voted 5-0 to accept Joe Gentry’s offer for the lease!

Commisioner Pamela Seay posted this a short while ago:

At the Airport Authority meeting this morning, the commissioners voted 5-0 to approve the lease with Joe Gentry. It remains to be executed by the parties, but we all hope that is a mere formality. The lease does not need to come to the board again.
I highly encourage you all to get together with Joe Gentry to help him get this track back in good condition! Plans are certainly going to be in the works. When you are there, I will be there too, with paintbrush and hammer in hand (since that’s about all I’m qualified to handle!).

I understand that Joe Gentry made it known that a permit was pulled June 15 for the fence to be pulled at the Speedway. Can anybody comment on this?