Funny quote from Sterling Marlin

I like Sterling and think it’s cool he still races, but this made me laugh.

"…We worked hard to try to have the best car we can and to get taken away from you is hard. We had a fast car, the fastest we?ve had it. Short Track Racing doesn?t need all these rules and regulations.? LoL :teufel021:

http://speed51.com/marlin-wins-late-model-race-gets-disqualified-after/

[QUOTE=Scott Prentice;170609]I like Sterling and think it’s cool he still races, but this made me laugh.

"…We worked hard to try to have the best car we can and to get taken away from you is hard. We had a fast car, the fastest we’ve had it. Short Track Racing doesn’t need all these rules and regulations.” LoL :teufel021:

http://speed51.com/marlin-wins-late-model-race-gets-disqualified-after/[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too and LOL. What’s also humorous is that his whole argument revolved around the rule book

"Marlin then said that, “According to the rule book, you take the motor off and you take the head off and they wouldn’t let us take the head off. That’s all I know.”

Brooks disputed that claim as well, saying that Marlin was actually referring to the General Motors Spec Manual for Crate Engines."

Wasnt really a dispute, we have tools and equipment to check motors and when they are that big theres no questions. Its not like the wild wild west days.

I wish…

I REALLY wish…there was a “like” and “dislike” button on this message board.

DAMMIT RICK!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN, MAN!!!

Please, I mean.

:ernaehrung004:

“Ol Coo coo’s boy” LOL!

?Basically, that manual states that if you pop the motor and whistle the motor and it?s over 10.0 then you can take the motor apart and check the heads and the block and all that,? Brooks continued. ?In 10 years that I?ve been teching, our machines are accurate. Whether it?s my machine, CRA?s machine, Nashville?s machine or wherever, because we keep this stuff calibrated. Every motor that I have ever whistled, if you pull it apart it?s always a .1 over because the machine has tolerance built into it.?

IMO, Sterling was unclear in his comments. On the one hand, he states “too many rules” indicating, you know, he was aware that he had broken one. On the other hand, he states ?I feel like I didn?t get to take the head off and the inspection process wasn?t completed.", indicating he believed he was legal.

Am curious though. If the team wanted to pull the head, why not…?

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;170635]?Basically, that manual states that if you pop the motor and whistle the motor and it?s over 10.0 then you can take the motor apart and check the heads and the block and all that,? Brooks continued. ?In 10 years that I?ve been teching, our machines are accurate. Whether it?s my machine, CRA?s machine, Nashville?s machine or wherever, because we keep this stuff calibrated. Every motor that I have ever whistled, if you pull it apart it?s always a .1 over because the machine has tolerance built into it.?

IMO, Sterling was unclear in his comments. On the one hand, he states “too many rules” indicating, you know, he was aware that he had broken one. On the other hand, he states ?I feel like I didn?t get to take the head off and the inspection process wasn?t completed.", indicating he believed he was legal.

Am curious though. If the team wanted to pull the head, why not…?[/QUOTE]

Your post kind of parrot’s mine from above, to which Mr. Brooks responded that there was no question the motor was illegal.

why don’t they ever check these so called sealed motors here in florida?

Guy is a legend and a true bad ass. You expect him to follow the rules? He got out of his own car during the Daytona 500 and started beating on the fender under red flag, lol. He has parkinsonism and still drives a car and wins. Have to give him credit even though he may not understand the rules.