Lee Collins loses his battle

Lee passed last night at 11:55.
Best wishes through what will undoubtedly be a tough period for his wife Linda, plus the family and friends of the Collins family.
Race on, #89

Thanks again for the considerable effort that Robert Yoho and LJ Grimm put in to provide a trophy for Lee’s final victory lap.

Prayers for the family.

Perhaps a good time to review that Rule Book, racers and race fans. One never knows how many laps there are left to run…

RIP “Felda Flash”. You will be missed.

so sad. Another local racer lost at an early age. He was a super person and will be missed by all. May God give his family and friends comfort in these sad times.

Rip

When I first started in racing in 2001 I watched Lee several times at Orlando, new Smyrna, Bronson, and citrus. He was deff a contender everytime I seen him race. RIP Mr. Collins and hope your family get thru this hard time.

Lee was a great driver but, even more so, a great person… The guy could adapt and run fast at any track… from USA International to the bull rings like Citrus, Auburndale and Bronson… I remember he always hooked up at OSW and won many a race there…
It’s amazing how cancer can take someone so quickly… I pray for his family and he will truly be missed… Thanks for all the memories Lee!