Critrus

Place packed…over 166 cars so far…they even had some golf carts running back n forth on back road helping people get to the pit gate…Hot as hell…OSF

It isn’t often you hear racers complain about how crowded the pits are. But that was the case at Citrus. First, thanks to the Ray family and the crew at the NEW Citrus County Speedway for putting on a fantastic opening night. The pits were jammed with cars, and quality cars at that. Thanks to all of the racers who showed up.
The frontstretch grandstands were packed so full that the overflow was sent to the pit side stands. And that was also standing room only. Just proves that effective promoting pays off.
There were a few hiccups during the evening, a few computer glitches ( yeah, that almost never happens )and it was hot. But the racing for the most part was great. A good field of cars in every class. And a Monster Truck demo at the end.

That just proves that there is still interest in this thing called stock car racing, but that you need to actually WORK to bring it about not just throw the gates open once a week and feel like your job is done.

Results, anyone, official, or otherwise?

Here’s a very good example of the effectiveness of promoting your track and your event. I was waiting in a very, very long line to get in to the track, and behind me were a family from Holland. They were on vacation near Inverness. The father spoke Engilsh and asked me about the event, what the differences were in the cars, and which driver he and his family should cheer for.
They had never been to an auto race of any kind, had seen a few F1 races on tv, but weren’t racing fans at all. They were astonished at the turnout of race cars and fans.
They were there because they checked the internet for things to do in the area, and opening night at Citrus County Speedway came up in numerous sites.

I was told about an article on the rebirth of Citrus County Speedway written by Bob Bolles at Circle Track Magazine. It’s at www.hotrod.com

Results would be awesome.

It’s also great to see on their web site that Citrus County Speedway has established a 2016 point series for each of the classes that race there.

They’re one race in. Give them a break. If you’re that interested in the results then maybe you should have gone. Seems more like a dig and trying to stir shit up.

I had read on the track website a few weeks back that they had a latemodel race planned for later this month but that was before they had to push the reopening back a bit. Does anyone know if that is still on for later this month? I can’t find any details on the track website and I don’t do the Facebook thing.If it’s still on I’d like to go check out what they’ve done with the place.

August 27th- Slm 75, OWM 25, trucks, street stock, pure stock and mini stock. The website is citruscountyspeedwayandtrack.com

Asking for results is in no way “a dig” at anyone. I went to the track, I could not get in. I would like to know how the locals did. The Chronicle has not posted results, the track has not posted results.

It’s not unreasonable to expect the race results to be posted. But keep in mind that the Ray family have just put on the biggest short track event in anyone’s memory, and it was their very first event. I know they are still overwhelmed with all the details and the aftermath. They’ll get better at the social media side very quickly.
There are numerous photos on the track web site of the transformation of the track. And i know they will soon be posting photos of Saturday night’s event.

“Critrus”. This thread might get as much traction as “3 Plams”.

So pleased to hear about the successful opening!

Maybe this will wake someone up at OSW…:blink::blink:

Wish in one hand, shit in the other… Let me know how it works out :wink:

I use that saying with kids frequently, the point being, wishing accomplishes nothing.

But when you think about it, wishing in one’s hand would be the preferable choice…

Anybody, current owners or future promoters, can see the success.

Also the investment, and the length of time for a return with a $6k+ purse and $5 admission.

BUT, miracles have happened at Showtime and Citrus, and they could happen at Speedworld.

ps–Boneman, “Critrus” and “3 Plams” were entre’es from the Cuban Food Truck, I think…

At least the model is out there for everyone to see.

Sink TONS of money into the facility to improve it.
Post your awesome payouts for ALL classes for everyone to see.
Post an awesome point fund for ALL classes for everyone to see.

We all know now that good intentions combined with 0 capital,expecting racers to show up and race for free because of the love for the sport does not work :aktion033:

[QUOTE=kendo;170897]At least the model is out there for everyone to see.

Sink TONS of money into the facility to improve it.
Post your awesome payouts for ALL classes for everyone to see.
Post an awesome point fund for ALL classes for everyone to see.

We all know now that good intentions combined with 0 capital,expecting racers to show up and race for free because of the love for the sport does not work :aktion033:[/QUOTE]

So far they are doing everything right, few stumbles on opening night, to be expected. I predict this track to be the #1 track in the state of Florida! Time will tell.

Just my opinion, Vince

Race results

Are the race results from opening night posted anywhere??