Remember This Young Lady?

She started racing in Bandoleros at OSW then moved to Legends before her big wreck at Auburndale put a damper on her racing career… Now she is on to bigger and better things…

Congrats Danielle Stratton! Here’s the story:

BRASELTON, Ga. (August 3, 2016) ? Road Atlanta is pleased to announce the 2016 Miss Road Atlanta representative, Danielle Stratton of Atlanta, Ga.
Miss Road Atlanta 2016 Danielle Stratton has been a motorsports enthusiast all of her life, so being at the racetrack feels like home.
Danielle will be representing the race track at the 19th Annual Petit Le Mans, Sept. 28 through Oct. 1. Although this will be her first Petit Le Mans, Danielle is no stranger to racing, having spent five years behind the wheel competing in Legends cars. She started racing at oval tracks in central Florida at the age of 14 and won some notable awards including being named Rookie of the Year in 2010. Danielle was on her way up the racing ladder when she was involved in a racing incident that left her with a broken joint in her ankle and unable to continue competing.
Following her accident, Danielle underwent multiple surgeries and a year-long recovery process, which has forced her to enjoy her favorite sport from the stands. She has since begun focusing more on her modeling career and has landed a number of modeling jobs working as a promotional model, print model and has even been featured in a music video. Danielle gets the opportunity to travel all over the country for work and does so quite frequently. Danielle loves visiting the beach in her free time. As a native Floridian, the warm sun and white sand beaches are also somewhat of a second home to Danielle, so she takes every chance she has to soak it in.
Danielle recently made the move from Florida to Atlanta and loves trying new restaurants and spending time outdoors in her new city. Now that she lives so close to Road Atlanta, she has plenty of opportunity to get out to the track and plans on taking full advantage.

Photo by Darwin Young…

Danielle’s racing days…

1914727_1048240905264_2690971_n.jpg

24662_4174433978137_1308543503_n.jpg

Her wreck at Auburndale happened right in front of me… and I’m still pissed it took about 15 minutes for rescue to get there, and another 10-15 to get her out.
Good for Danielle… blag flag on A-Dale policies that let this happen.

Cool story, and an interesting way for a racing life to evolve.

That reminds me of another young lady who could wheel a car. This weekend, I read a news story written by “Chelsea Shillig”. I am sure she is not the same woman who used to race at Orlando, but I do wonder what happened to her. She was a shoe…