Websites

Lots being said on here about lack of race results, recap stories etc. along with who has or has not got a good website… Many of the current track websites are OK but too “busy” and “flashy” in my opinion… The more stuff there is on it, the slower it will be and the harder it will be for someone to navigate, especially someone who is not that computer savvy… I also despise the sites that are “cell phone friendly” as they look terrible on a regular computer and are slow and hard to navigate… It’s the reason I never go to nascar.com anymore…

The best track website right now is New Smyrna’s - Good looking, easy to navigate… simple but effective… the only thing that’s bad about it is they don’t make very good use of it - no actual race reports or driver profiles and very few photos… One thing you can be assured of though is that by Sunday the results are posted and the points are updated… Was looking at Bubba’s site today and the last race results posted are for 8-27… It’s the same with many tracks… not making an effort to update things…

Two sites I go to all the time are Speed51 and hoseheads.com… Speed 51 has improved their site in the past six months and it doesn’t “hang up” like it was doing in the past… The race reporting is excellent and there’s tons of photos…

If you are a Sprint Car fan, nothing beats Allan Holland’s hoseheads.com… This site is awesome and covers every aspect of Sprint car racing both in the U. S. and Australia… Everything is divided into results by sanctioning body and there are great columnists like our own Richard Golardi, Bruce & Pat Eckel, Danny Burton (Indiana), Ron Rodda from California, Bill Wright (Knoxville, IA and the Midwest) and more plus loads of photography…

Having a website is both fun and a bit of a hassle… My own Florida History site now has around 30,000 photos on it but it was initially developed by the late Jack Smith for me off the old Orlando SpeedWorld site and is html-based which, by 2016 standards, is way out of date… Scott is working to migrate everything to a new server to make the site better but that takes quite a bit of time and effort… I know a lot of folks on here visit the site regularly and hopefully it will be better for you soon and a bit “flashier” yet not too flashy LOL…

What other websites do you guys visit on a regular basis?

Osw

Here if there will be anymore Races at OSW?

North Florida Speedways web site has improved considerably and their reporting results has improved dramaticly.For the most part I must agree with Dave especially the on the results.A rival web site tried hard to stay on top of track results and that site no longer exists so I am not sure what the right answer is.

I haven’t found one go to source

But speed51 probably has the most over all information. Even the series websites can be lame and outdated. I follow the c.r.a. website from up north as well as the main event racing series (whose website is totally worthless.)I go to every tracks website but half are outdated and lack information.Modern technology. The kids can get on their devices and in ten minutes who has the hot song,hot movie,trendiest food and fashion deals and here’s grandpa still trying to get a race result a week later.

what happened to the aimoo site,. I used to get the schedules from there and decide what track I wanted to go to. it isnt there anymore. did it move or go away?