Breaking News For 2017

Big things will be happening in Central Florida in 2017. We have been working on this for several months. The 3 Track Owners and myself have spent countless hours on rules and scheduling to make this happen for next year and it doesn’t stop there. New Smyrna Speedway will be using the same Truck, Modified and Sportsman Rules and with the possibility of the Wheelman Series running the same Sportsman Rules because we have all worked together to have 1 set of common rules. Everyone involved has spent a lot of time on this for the well being of our racers best interest with the new Sunshine States Series will be our main focus for 2017. I would personally like to thank everyone involved with trying to get Central Florida Racing on the same page and prove the people wrong that said it couldn’t be done. See everyone at Auburndale Speedway this for finale weekend.

Combined Rules, Many Tracks.

ITS A CONCEPT THATS BEEN THROWN AROUND FOR LONGER THAN I CAN REMEMBER. THANKS TO ALL THE TRACKS THAT ARE WORKING TOGETHER TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. :natur008:

Big picture: I like it. The potential is there to sell some tickets, since modern race fans don’t seem to be in the “automatic attendance mode” anymore, and seem to be more attracted to a bigger event. The promoter’s group always pushes the idea of themed and special event nights, so this could help!

Under the microscope: are the Legends going to race at New Smyrna too? That might not be a good fit.

Since this is Mr. Brooks thread, and Bonez brought up the Legends, I would suggest they impound Balough’s entire car! If he gets near it, the car will simply get faster.

And congratulations on the new multiple series and uniformity of rules between tracks. Great job.

[QUOTE=Boneman;172218]Big picture: I like it. The potential is there to sell some tickets, since modern race fans don’t seem to be in the “automatic attendance mode” anymore, and seem to be more attracted to a bigger event. The promoter’s group always pushes the idea of themed and special event nights, so this could help!

Under the microscope: are the Legends going to race at New Smyrna too? That might not be a good fit.[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t look like NSS is a part of their group…at least yet anyways.

And no, legend cars won’t go on that big of a track.

[QUOTE=racin24dev;172221]Doesn’t look like NSS is a part of their group…at least yet anyways.

And no, legend cars won’t go on that big of a track.[/QUOTE]

If the challange series is not offered to all the tracks then it wont work out in the long run.
Now the other 4 tracks will have to make a move the other way and nothing will change.
Its hard to get all of them together. In the past Rex has been the man out and now he is trying to put it together.
Get all of them in one room and hope for the best.
I do wish you the best in trying to put this together Ricky…

don62

Devin, I don’t know where I got NSS from. Too many mushrooms or something.

Overall, it sounds promising. Anything that builds new fans and gets cars off the jack-stands, then it is fine with me.

Mr Brooks

Thank you. I just finished reading the rules. They are clear, they seem fair and all three tracks are the same. I would hate to run against a SB2 motor at Desoto but no worries at the bull rings. I take it this is what you were talking about during our “Discussions”. Where will you be teching at ? Adale?

Doug where are the rules so we can all read them ?

So NSS strictly stocks will finally be like the pure stocks at the other tracks.
If so it is time to build a car.:auto003:

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;172222]If the challange series is not offered to all the tracks then it wont work out in the long run.
Now the other 4 tracks will have to make a move the other way and nothing will change.
Its hard to get all of them together. In the past Rex has been the man out and now he is trying to put it together.
Get all of them in one room and hope for the best.
I do wish you the best in trying to put this together Ricky…

don62[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“4”]All I can say is the BEST Florida Tracks ever worked was when we would get all the Tracks and Touring Series (best when we all meet at USA) together. Their was a order of setting the schedule with the Major Touring Series:
Sun Belt Supers
TBARA Sprints
Goodyear Limited LM
Conectic OWM
FASTRUCKS
Mod Mini’s
Legends
TQ’s Midgets
Mini Cup
Out Law Modifies
on and on and on.
Everyone was on the same page across the State.
Don is right (he is most times) there will be 4 other Tracks working on their own doing what ever it takes to survive.
Just my to cents!!! Good luck I am sure the other Track were asked to be part of it???[/SIZE]

:natur008::natur008::natur008::natur008::natur008:

the rules

Were sent to me by Ronnie B via face book. It says my PDF is too big to post here. I tried. I am unsure if they made them public yet?

Ricky Brooks

Having Ricky Brooks involved in Florida racing, has to be the biggest plus/boost to racing in Florida in a very long time. He brings his vast knowledge of tech, and his excellence in making the best calls on and off the track. Florida drivers and tracks should be thankful to have him on board.

Vince P.

Any one know if Citrus is going to copy the Street Stock rules this year as they did last year, now that the rules are where they should be.