3 Fl tracks create universal rules,series,schedule

http://speed51.com/trio-of-florida-tracks-create-universal-rules-new-series/

Click on link for schedule :auto003:

That’s awesome for Florida racing in general and west central Florida in particular.
But unfortunately for me the closest track, Auburndale, is over 4 hours away.

Now, here’s a thread hijack;

Things sure have gotten to be slim pickins’ up here in the big bend area for pavement track racing.

Columbia/All-Tech- went dirt then abruptly shut down without a peep since. Is it going to reopen in 2017 anybody know?
Bronson- the running joke of Florida racing- no promotion, no facilities maintenance or improvements, won’t work with any other track, and most importantly NO CARS!
Cordele- not much better than Bronson, 2+ hour drive and no cars when you get there.
SGMP- went dirt and ran 2 shows in 6 months

oh well I guess I have to start accepting the reality that pavement racing is really starting to die.

And now, some personal opinion laced with sarcasm;

I’m sure it has nothing to do with all the sugar daddy rich kids turning SLM racing into a development deal for their future NASCAR careers.
You know the kids, the ones who NEVER turned a lap in a Hobby, Street stock, or Sportsman car. Then when they burn out after a few years leave the sport forever.
That really helps grow the sport.
For example; thanks Fury/LFR race cars for putting 12-13 year old children behind the wheel of your cars- that’s just who I want to see race after driving 3 hours to 5Flags… NOT!

Dick Trickle must be turning over in his grave- God rest your soul White Knight.

[QUOTE=Scott Prentice;172875]

Now, here’s a thread hijack;

Things sure have gotten to be slim pickins’ up here in the big bend area for pavement track racing.

Columbia/All-Tech- went dirt then abruptly shut down without a peep since. Is it going to reopen in 2017 anybody know?
Bronson- the running joke of Florida racing- no promotion, no facilities maintenance or improvements, won’t work with any other track, and most importantly NO CARS!
Cordele- not much better than Bronson, 2+ hour drive and no cars when you get there.
SGMP- went dirt and ran 2 shows in 6 months

oh well I guess I have to start accepting the reality that pavement racing is really starting to die.

And now, some personal opinion laced with sarcasm;

I’m sure it has nothing to do with all the sugar daddy rich kids turning SLM racing into a development deal for their future NASCAR careers.
You know the kids, the ones who NEVER turned a lap in a Hobby, Street stock, or Sportsman car. Then when they burn out after a few years leave the sport forever.
That really helps grow the sport.
For example; thanks Fury/LFR race cars for putting 12-13 year old children behind the wheel of your cars- that’s just who I want to see race after driving 3 hours to 5Flags… NOT!

Dick Trickle must be turning over in his grave- God rest your soul White Knight.[/QUOTE]
Spot on Scott, but next time don’t hold back… lol
-JIM-

There’s a couple of bright spots to talk about Scott. The incredible reinvention of Citrus County Speedway for instance. The Ray family produced some of the largest car counts and spectator counts for any Florida short track in decades. The trip to Inverness is certainly worthwhile.

Then there’s the re-birth of Charlotte County, now known as 4-17 Speedway. There’s always been a large and loyal following of fans and racers down there just waiting for the track to open up again. Joe and Janet have given them their wish, i hope it succeeds.

The young rich kids argument has a long history. And some of those rich kids turned out to be excellent racers, others not so much. But as long as the rules allow it, it will continue.

This continuation of the FUPS series could help grow the sport. Let’s all hope asphalt short track racing continues to grow in the new year.

It does sound promising.

However, it would seem self evident that to name pretty much anything “FUPS”, would be a, you know…