Danica is out of the kitchen and into the Dental chair!!!!

danica

she is not a field filler ,she runs middle of pack or forward. my money is she can out drive any of you whiners

Some of us, no doubt.

But can she out drive (pick your favorite SLM or Mod driver) or one of the ARCA guys?

The gossip/discussion is about Danica’s Cup level talent.

I was hoping she would come along, she still might.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;173610]Some of us, no doubt.

But can she out drive (pick your favorite SLM or Mod driver) or one of the ARCA guys?

The gossip/discussion is about Danica’s Cup level talent.

I was hoping she would come along, she still might.[/QUOTE]

Yes she can and has. I seem to remember that she won her first ARCA race which was at Daytona. I might be wrong, but i think she did.

I was mistaken. It was just pointed out to me that Danica finished 6th in her first ARCA race. So she out drove a bunch of them, just not all. And she finished 6th in her only K&N race, again not beating them all, but most of them.
I was remembering her pole at Daytona.

Okeydokey, Daytona is coming up, and it is a “wild card” track.

We will see.

Danica’s Stats

Her career stats are what an average driver does in a year, with the exception of Indy if we’re talking stock cars. Yeah, she can drive, hell we all can. Like driving to work everyday, going to WalMart or to the gas station. She’s a marketing tool. I’ll leave it at that, LoL.

Us “whiners” aren’t really complaining about her in particular. She is just an average driver at best. We are complaining about what NASCAR has become, and she is one of the best examples of it.

Well actually…middle or forward isn’t accurate. Points are a decent indicator of where one runs on average, and she finished 24th in points. But more telling is that she finished ahead of only 7 cars who ran the full season. And when you see the list of drivers that she beat, it’s even less impressive.
Paul Menard and Brian Scott, who’s rich parents buying their sponsorship are the only reason those two are driving anything.
Aric Almirola
Clint Bowyer in the HScott motorsports car…thats bringing a knife to a gunfight right there.
Casey Mears, Landon Cassill and David Ragan…whom all seem to be nice guys and who all frequently find the very back of the field.
The only one on that list who has anything near the equipment and resources that she has would be rich kid Menard in the Childress car/

[QUOTE=luke81;173623]Well actually…middle or forward isn’t accurate. Points are a decent indicator of where one runs on average, and she finished 24th in points. But more telling is that she finished ahead of only 7 cars who ran the full season. And when you see the list of drivers that she beat, it’s even less impressive.
Paul Menard and Brian Scott, who’s rich parents buying their sponsorship are the only reason those two are driving anything.
Aric Almirola
Clint Bowyer in the HScott motorsports car…thats bringing a knife to a gunfight right there.
Casey Mears, Landon Cassill and David Ragan…whom all seem to be nice guys and who all frequently find the very back of the field.
The only one on that list who has anything near the equipment and resources that she has would be rich kid Menard in the Childress car/[/QUOTE]

It could not have been said any better.

Honest question - Has Danica ever won ANY type of stock car race?

I scanned through her Wikipedia listing, which may or may not be accurate, and noted 3 wins total in her career, none with fenders.

To clarify, I am simply saying that when I see her in traffic I am not overly impressed, compared to, say, Kevin H (in similar equipment) or Kyle Busch, or for that matter our own short track drivers.

Doesn’t mean she is a bad guy.

Driver she’s not at least to the abilities of the others, but marketable she is. I think Victorias Secret is missing a golden opportunity here. I mean who wouldn’t want a chance to head to their hospitality tent. They could release a new line of NASCAR ladies undergarments even a Danica signature series. Heck the pic of her in a bathing suit with a sandy rear end has been seen by millions run with it too. This post was meant to be fun not serious.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;173629]I scanned through her Wikipedia listing, which may or may not be accurate, and noted 3 wins total in her career, none with fenders.

To clarify, I am simply saying that when I see her in traffic I am not overly impressed, compared to, say, Kevin H (in similar equipment) or Kyle Busch, or for that matter our own short track drivers.

Doesn’t mean she is a bad guy.[/QUOTE]

Also doesn’t mean she’s a bad woman. Danica might agree that she’s not the equal of Kevin Harvick, but not many Cup drivers are. Of course none of the current Cup drivers have ever proven to be Danica’s equal in Indy cars.
If we’re going to start a list of drivers who have no business being in a Cup car because they aren’t the equal of Harvick or Kyle Busch, the list is going to get very long in a hurry.

Re: “bad guy”-- Actually was intended to be a mildly supportive statement ('cause I am not a bad guy, either).

Re: Skill of other guys(!) vs top dawgs-- perhaps, but this thread is about Danica.

You mention that Danica might agree that her skill is not at the same level as Harvick’s.

If that is also your assessment, then…we are in agreement.

Looks like Danica has done qualified seventh for the Indy 500!

Maybe she can do better in those itty-bitty cars.

I wish her well, and (along with the other 32 starters) a safe race.

As a rookie, she was leading Indy with 18 to go, and ended up 4’th. I have always admired her racing spirit and tenacity. Also, I am glad she is out of stock cars before more concussions piled up. Soon she will be able to enjoy her life and career as a fitness guru/business woman.

I have my seat in turn 3 for my first Indy visit, and I am pleased to say I’ll be cheering her on in person.

Finally…a trip to Indy in May!

Plus, she is a great motivator to us all to stay in shape!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRseYOXwitg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-op3czQA_qU

She will probably do well if the equipment holds up.It’s where she should have stayed all along.She had the open wheel gig down pat,just simply wasn’t a stock car racer.It doesn’t always translate.Remember Kinser,Irwin? She should have been given a full season in ARCA to learn but was rushed into cup.I just wonder sometimes how much Nascars urging that on played a role in that.Its a shame they never got behind Johanna Long the same way but sometimes that’s the way it is I guess.

“[Indycar is] where she should have stayed all along.”–04

Agreed, but I will bet her net worth is now larger from the NASCAR paycheck than it would have been.

“She should have been given a full season in ARCA to learn but was rushed into cup.”–04II

Ya think? I would suggest that dirt late models–at least once a weekend–every weekend–would have been a better choice, but it is a done deal now.

You know, she has shown that she can still be competitive in an Indycar. I wonder if she would accept a ride if offered–and it may be offered.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;176828]"[Indycar is] where she should have stayed all along."–04

Agreed, but I will bet her net worth is now larger from the NASCAR paycheck than it would have been.

“She should have been given a full season in ARCA to learn but was rushed into cup.”–04II

Ya think? I would suggest that dirt late models–at least once a weekend–every weekend–would have been a better choice, but it is a done deal now.

You know, she has shown that she can still be competitive in an Indycar. I wonder if she would accept a ride if offered–and it may be offered.[/QUOTE]

Indy car needs the shot in the arm she could provide.Unfortunately Nascar needs that same shot times five.