Preston Henn Passes

Henn died Sunday at 86:

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/flea-market-mogul-preston-henn-ass-kicked-his-way-into-1794847173

Great read…he was a character. We still need guys like that in this world.

Preston was a great personality in the history of sports car racing. He built a major business out of closed up drive in theater. I had the opportunity to chat with him at the Porsche Rennsport Reunion at Daytona. God bless him and his family

Prest was a HARD Race Owner!!!

[SIZE=“5”]Lots of FUN but always looking to WIN!!! We prepped his AMC Pacer from Bonnie Henn in 1981. Lots of Fun hanging out at the Thunderbird Flea Market “Swap Shop”. RIP Mr. P!!![/SIZE]:cool008::engel016::natur008::ernaehrung004:

A wise promoter, I can’t remember exactly who, once said that “racing is always about people. It is not about cars.” That is why we need more Preston Henns, and fewer trained actors who will drive.

I know I always got a kick out of watching the controversial, high-flying, competitive characters that helped to build our sport. My hope is that his memory will somehow inspire the next generation to step in the spotlight and put on a show.

[QUOTE=Boneman;174557]A wise promoter, I can’t remember exactly who, once said that “racing is always about people. It is not about cars.” That is why we need more Preston Henns, and fewer trained actors who will drive.

I know I always got a kick out of watching the controversial, high-flying, competitive characters that helped to build our sport. My hope is that his memory will somehow inspire the next generation to step in the spotlight and put on a show.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you, Rex. But, I am afraid as money has become the driving factor, those days are gone.

Always enjoyed seeing his cars and driver line ups. As a kid I never even knew what the he’ll a swap shop was. Years later, while in south Florida, I got a chance to stop in and see the spectacle. Crazy place for sure!