Let's discuss Bronson Speedway...

With this new 6 Pack Sportsman Series going on between NSS and Bronson, this is a real chance for Bronson to pick things up and turn them around. Instead just last night, Ann posted some absolutely ridiculous new rules stipulation only a few days before the first Bronson event for the series… The Facebook post reads as follows…

Sportsman Competitors who are planning on running the NSS/Bronson 50 Lap Series race this Sat at Bronson Speedway please take note. While Bronson Speedway has agreed to allow the New Smyrna Speedway/Bronson Speedway series competitors to run Hoosiers, we do request you consider racing on American Racers for the races at Bronson Speedway. If you are not planning on purchasing American Racer tires at Bronson Speedway, please bring your recent receipt of purchase of Hoosier Tires from NSS to submit when signing in. To compete in this series tire purchase must be from either New Smyrna Speedway or Bronson Speedway. Thanks in advance and we are looking forward to an exciting race.

Now, I get it… I don’t race there, I shouldn’t care, blah blah blah. But who doesn’t want to see tracks thrive and succeed? I sure do… I’ve stated more times than I can count, FL racing means a lot to me. I love FL.

Making a stipulation this close to an event is only going to drive people away in my eyes. What about people who don’t have their receipt? What if someone was given takeoffs to run the race? What about people who were sponsored tires and someone else’s name is on the receipt? This is just ridiculousness… I number of us posted asking why and pointed out these flaws and Ann just deletes the posts. Things like this are not going to make that series or her track successful. I am getting the feeling she gets a kickback on AR tires, and is trying to find ways to trick and force people into having to buy tires. In reality, she’s going to end up losing money on people who would have potentially shown up.

If she is happy having 50 people in the grandstands and 15 cars in the pits, more power to her. She can’t be making any money that way at all… /rant

My 2 cents…

Just business as usual there… SMDH… :ohmy: :anim_pound:
-JIM-

Oh, and when called out on it on FB (very diplomatically at first) she began deleting comments to avoid herself looking bad… :anim_pound:

So self-destructive…

If I was going to race there and read something like that, I would interprete it as saying “you will be hassled about tires”, and I would not go.

Come on Bronson, our sport needs you to get healthy.

Well, it is up to each track to set their rules, even shortly before a race I guess, but this one is a puzzler.

“While Bronson Speedway has agreed to allow the New Smyrna Speedway/Bronson Speedway series competitors to run Hoosiers, we do request you consider racing on American Racers for the races at Bronson Speedway. If you are not planning on purchasing American Racer tires at Bronson Speedway, please bring your recent receipt of purchase of Hoosier Tires from NSS to submit when signing in.”-Bronson Speedway [underline added]

Let’s assume the Hoosiers are a little faster. As a racer, who does not want to take advantage of the rules to their best advantage?

If so, I would think a Bronson competitor would drive to NSS to purchase Hoosiers to run for the 6 pack races per the above statement.

However, in between the lines there is a strong suggestion to run American Racer tires.

So what’s a guy to do?? Bring/buy both…?

For all promoters/owners running a series with one or more additional tracks, I would suggest contacting the other track(s) before making any changes, and then the tracks could potentially make a joint statement.

Remember, car count is king, and when a spectator shows up for a “big” race, they expect good cars, and lots of them.

Bronson is a waste of a nice little highbank speedway

And I believe when you talk about that place and Mrs. Young it is just like the line in the movie Cool Hand Luke. “What we have here is a failure to communicate.”

Bronson

I was going to pull the 2+ hours to race there but after reading the tire “rule” I believe I’ll just leave it on jack stands. Sucks to be sure. I get that tracks make money on selling tires (not much, but some) but they make way more money by having more cars in the pits. so to say this seems short-sighted would be an understatement.

Unlike most racers, I’ve been a promoter and a GM of a track. My track sold tires (fuel and parts as well) and while I always wanted the racers to buy tires from me, I was WAY more interested in car count. My goal was to break even on the back gate (or close) and my profit came from the front gate.

“If you build it, they will come.” More cars will ALWAYS mean more people in the stands. Not at first, but sooner or later fans will come. Promoters seem to have forgotten the racer is their first priority…or it should be. This is yet another example of that.

The intent of this post was not to push people away from the race, but I really think people need to call Ann and light her up. Let her know this is unacceptable. Go post on her FB or give her a call. FL racing doesn’t need crap like this. Everyone really needs to work together.

Bronson

OMG, it gets worse. You can’t race there even if you have American Racer tires purchased elsewhere. So if you have brand new tires you bought at Aburndale from the rain-out, you can’t use them at Bronson. That came directly from Ann at Bronson. Now I know why that track was closed before and struggles now.

Question…If the track had,a better than normal owner. Could Bronson speedway flourish,Taking into account,location condition ect.

Haha, Florida…you continue to amaze me with the new BS your tracks will think up to keep cars away.

“Go post on her FB or give her a call. FL racing doesn’t need crap like this. Everyone really needs to work together.”–Phil

I would think calling and mentioning what it would take to put another car into the field (maybe sbracer58, for instance) might best support the “working together” thing.

(But no kumbaya sing-a-long please)

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;174776]“Go post on her FB or give her a call. FL racing doesn’t need crap like this. Everyone really needs to work together.”–Phil

I would think calling and mentioning what it would take to put another car into the field (maybe sbracer58, for instance) might best support the “working together” thing.

(But no kumbaya sing-a-long please)[/QUOTE]

Sadly like others, she likes to march to the beat of her own drum. Maybe she just doesn’t want the hassle of a ton of cars. Maybe she doesn’t have the finances to pay the purse promised. Whatever the case, shoot straight, don’t try and play games and hide behind smoke and mirrors.

Geezzzz.Its not like she was involved in human trafficking or something…

:anim_buttkick:

Regardless, as my dear old now-departed Mammy used to say:

“Honey gathers more flies than vinegar”.

Particularly if one is trying to pass tech…

Bronson

As for Car counr there were 9 cars

Showtime

Went and seen Yoho yesterday. He is a nut. but I think he actually gives a crap about us racers. I’m sure its mostly about how much money he can make but he was out in the rain with a handful of guys putting a roof on the tech area, he made it a point to show me the new lights he just got up in turn 2, he showed me the new bleachers seats that are being installed. He said now that he has the lease renewed he’s going to make more improvements.

The guy is a nut but he works dam hard and he’s keeping a long since dead track alive and going.

[QUOTE=kendo;174778]Geezzzz.Its not like she was involved in human trafficking or something…

:anim_buttkick:[/QUOTE]

lol Yeah, it could always end up THAT way… :blink:

Good to see that there are plans to move ahead,but it will be difficult to get sponsors to want their name associated with the track.

Anything you’ve heard is BS. It’s turned into a circus. Retracted statements etc etc. Worse than the whole OSW debacle at this point.