My conversation with John Sarppraicone

AJ Has Weft The Building

I would suggest there are other factors involved than racing per se that have led to your current opinions.

Maybe it is time for another hobby, boating perhaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2xDZnLqD5k

Maybe time for introspection, possibly even spiritual growth. Once I got that right, corporate politics seem silly, it is all about what I can do for others.

Meanwhile, in the current discussion, it is all about what I can do for the sport I love–Short Track Racing.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;174981]I would suggest there are other factors involved than racing per se that have led to your current opinions.

[/QUOTE]

I would love you to expand on that statement and hear your theories.

The “theories” are beside the point. And although based on the racing grapevine, they would be just that and none of my business. In life, if the shoe fits, one wears it regardless of appearances or even denial.

The spiritual growth and subsequent outlook on life is the point. And that is not something that one can get to through discussion or debate. Ultimately, how each of us looks at racing and in fact life is a very subjective deal–and can be changed for the positive, or negative–regardless of “facts”.

Meanwhile, have my own shoe stuck on my foot that I am dealing with.

ps–Maybe Beeflo needs a flagman…?

Wow over 2000 hits in one week ,they are listening real close when I make comments , I would really like to have a lunch meeting with everyone with all the hits on here that are all concerned about Florida Racing I will even get Don Nerone as a guest and Jerry Beniner any takers , Don we could sell tickets to this event or we could do it at a track to , see ya at the races.

Count me in John though I have no real skin to put in any game anymore. I still have questions we didn’t get to everything in our conversation.

Sorry to disappoint your ego, but I was listening to Old School’s comments…:smiley:

Thx, GP.

John is much closer to being a mover and a shaker than I.

He has shared his take on how we got here.

Perhaps some of the input listed along the way will be helpful to Mr. Sarppraicone moving forward in trying to grow short track racing.

Especially considering the recent news regarding Desoto Speedway.

Here is a prime reason what’s wrong with Florida racing ,last night at 417 these truck drivers talk all kinds of bs about one another then when it comes to racing there mad after the race at everyone all phonies ,then the track has no control of racing or race director has no contoll either so your fighting on the track I would have stoped them and made them run last and if they didn’t get it in they would have to wait to the next race and pay again nonsense,you ran 5 classes and you can’t get it done ,that’s one reason I threw out fast truck these drivers couldn’t get it done in a 50 lap race in 1 1/2 then fighting on front straightaway, track owners better wake up and hire real good people to run your tracks instead of people that don’t have a dime invested in you and all bs before its to late that’s why people are lol about Florida tracks . Hey don you can get it can’t you.

Looks like the trucks have run at Showtime this year and are scheduled to do so again.

You know, a guy, say a promoter, could just watch a few races over there and see how they are making it happen.

Then, delete the crazy (but so-very-effective) Yoho from the equation and make it their own.

Just a thought.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;175081]

Then, delete the crazy (but so-very-effective) Yoho from the equation and make it their own.

Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

I think his level of crazy is part of what makes it work there. I dealt with him long before the race track and when he took over I was sure it was going to be the most epic failure ever, due to his crazy. But I was wrong. The one time I’ve been there this year was actually one of the most well run Florida racing programs I’ve seen in a long time.

Agreed.

You can’t clone him, but you can check the procedures & get a feel for the attitude.

Then count on adding at least a Yoho amount of equal parts sweat equity and, um, bravado, let’s call it.

John,I think Joe and his crew are working on getting a handle on it at 4-17 ,as far as us truck racers being (phonies) as you called us I think you’re wrong,there was a couple bad apples in the field which you will have in anything.next you said they better get a race director and get a hold on things,when you were the race director for SPATS at citrus speedway you didn’t have a hold on anything that went on from the bullshit calls on the track to the bullshit tech,with that being said at least Joe and his crew are drawing pretty good car counts and good pay,so instead of bad mouthing on here why not show some support and show up at all of our local short tracks.

Get well wishes John S

Sending get well quick wishes to Mr.Sarppraicone Sr.! He has been hospitalized with pretty serious condition all week,
resting comfortably. Should be released soon. Feel better King John!

Prayer is always good, as is accepting the outcome --whatever it may be-- as God’s will.

In this case, we’ll be adding Mr.Sarppraicone to the list.