All systems go tonight at Showtime for Superlate 100

The crowd has been building and they announced twenty six superlates signed in.Heats starting now.

Twenty five supers qualify.At well fastest,Cataldi second,Dutilly third quickest.

Lap 14

A big pile up coming out of four looks to have eliminated Daniel Keene,Scott Grossenbacher,and Devin McLeod.Race has been red flagged to clear the damaged cars.Dutilly leads Atwell second,Jamie King third,Cataldi fourth and Gorham fifth at the caution.

Travis Cope also sustained significant damage in the turn four m?l?e but is able to continue minus some right side sheet metal.McLeod comes back onto the track minus all front end sheet metal.

Aaron Williamson takes home 5k and wins the Florida State 100 lapper at Showtime.Dutilly finished second, McLeod recovered from the lap 14 wreck to finish third.Atwell finished seventh.He took the lead from Dutilly on lap 49 using a little bumper and fender action. A spin by David Green on lap 70 brought out a caution and the following restart saw Dutilly and Atwell fender banging through four with Atwell going around bringing out another caution.With ten laps to go Williamson powered around Dutilly on the outside and held off a last lap run by Dutilly.

well so much for the theory “a good purse dosen’t draw cars” that some folks in other threads were postulating… LoL

That’s more Super Lates than any race I can think of lately here in Florida.
$5000 to win pulls in 25 cars, and 25 cars draws in the fans- see it really isn’t the “chicken or the egg” question.
You’ve got to pay a decent purse, period end of discussion.
Hats off to Yoho, he gets it.

Thanks for the updates zerofor, sounds like it was a good race.:ernaehrung004:

And there could have been quite a few more. For starters Dylan Bigley was here but no Billy Bigley.I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in the field without the other.The three Anderson’s from the Tampa area weren’t here tonight and Dave and Steven King weren’t here either.Realistically there could have been a 30 plus car field here if Yoho would have scheduled this race for say the first Saturday in August instead of right after the fourth of July.Credit him for getting the cars to come out though.

[QUOTE=Scott Prentice;175178]well so much for the theory “a good purse dosen’t draw cars” that some folks in other threads were postulating… LoL

That’s more Super Lates than any race I can think of lately here in Florida.
$5000 to win pulls in 25 cars, and 25 cars draws in the fans- see it really isn’t the “chicken or the egg” question.
You’ve got to pay a decent purse, period end of discussion.
Hats off to Yoho, he gets it.

Thanks for the updates zerofor, sounds like it was a good race.:ernaehrung004:[/QUOTE]

YES SIR we went to Showtime saturday, what a show. Hope Auburndale see’s this.

Serious Question - how do I know about these big races at Showtime? I noticed they had a ton of OWM a couple weeks ago also. I never seem to know when the big races are over there but would like to come out for them…

Go to Showtime Speedway.US for the track website and full schedule or visit their main Showtime Speedway Facebook page.You don’t have to be or become a Facebook member to access the page.Superlates are scheduled again the first Saturday of August but only for a regular 50 lap event.

Yeah I’ve checked their site before and have gone to a few events but can’t figure out which events draw a large number of cars. Wish I knew of the “big ones” before driving out there

We all do.lol Seriously though all the super late events this year there have drawn at least numbers in the high teens.