Unusal Race Teams

Back in the early 1970s in Mansfield Ohio Sergeant Jerry Campbell,who was employed as a correctional officer at Mansfield State Correctional center in Mansfield Ohio campaigned a Chevelle bodied late model on Mansfield Speedways dirt.The car was maintained and crewed by correctional inmates and maintained at the facility. Does anybody know of any other unique race groups?

I can also remember

The Fort Loramie Racing Club located in northwest Ohio campaigned a dirt late model at their hometrack of New Bremen Ohio as well as Eldora and eastern Indiana dirt ovals.They switched to pavement in 1972 with former USAC Sprint car driver Junior Smalley behind the wheel who eventually gave way to ARCA champ Marvin Smith at the wheel competing on the central Ohio paved tracks as well as New Bremen Speedway which had converted to blacktop from dirt.Fort Loramie Racing Club was a group owned club vs.an individually owned team.

And if anybody remembers any unusual race teams mention them too lol.

Westfield (Massachusetts) Technical Academy automotive students have had the chance to be the crew behind a Limited Late Model race car driven by their instructor, David Tefft, the past few seasons at Stafford Motor Speedway in Stafford Springs, Connecticut.

Here is an article written by the track when the new race team made their official debut at the 1/2 mile asphalt race facility. Click link below.

http://staffordmotorspeedway.com/david-tefft-ready-for-limited-late-model-debut-at-stafford-speedway-with-a-unique-rookie-story/

Actually, they all seem pretty unusual to me…:sprachlos020:

But then, most seem to think the same about me, so it all works out.

Bill Venturini won the 1987 ARCA championship with an all female pit crew. I saw them in action at Auto City Speedway in Michigan. They were all wearing bikinis, and they were very good, and fast, at doing pit stops.