Old School

Great to finally meet ya at New Smyrna for the Governors Cup! Was a blast to chat and hang out. Maybe next time I won’t be pressed for time for my next destination and all of us can share a couple laughs and some suds! :ernaehrung004:

Was also great to get back to NSS for the first time in 10 years, even if I did have to play fireman cause the fire crew was too busy eating ice cream on their buggy :rolleyes:

Thanks for putting out the electrical fire on the 07, Phil. It could have been catastrophic as the wires on fire were next to the fuel line. Thanks also to the Bobby Sears/Brad May/Patrick Thomas teams for providing a fire extinguisher as well. You guys saved my car.

On a lighter note, it almost brought a tear to my eye seeing Old School and Phil meet for the first time in person. Like long lost brothers!

[QUOTE=scottgarrity07;175861]Thanks for putting out the electrical fire on the 07, Phil. It could have been catastrophic as the wires on fire were next to the fuel line. Thanks also to the Bobby Sears/Brad May/Patrick Thomas teams for providing a fire extinguisher as well. You guys saved my car.

On a lighter note, it almost brought a tear to my eye seeing Old School and Phil meet for the first time in person. Like long lost brothers![/QUOTE]

Glad I was there to help buddy.

Old School looked like he saw a ghost when he realized it was me!

See Old School, I’m actually a pretty dang nice guy lol

All jokes aside, looking forward to being back down there soon, and permanently. Maybe even with a car :wink:

Actually credit goes to Mr. David Rogers & Team for the fire extinguisher.

Re: Phil–great guy, don’t let him fool you (and don’t tell him that you know, he will be offended).

Scott was running pretty good and was in the hunt for the Bronson–NSS Champeenship Thing, but, as the saying goes–He crashed, and then burned.

(Both relatively minor, the car is {almost} fine, and Scott made sure he was adequately cooled off with some imported Suds, I think…)

ps–re: Scott and tears–I am pretty sure he is from the “Old Country” that is shaped like a boot, so it doesn’t count.

Once again, OS, your powers of cognition are uncanny. Thanks for clearing up where the Fire Extinguisher came from. Hats off to the crew of the ageless David Rogers for the help. I was just happy to have the flames snuffed by Firemarshall Phil. And yes, although I have an Irish name, I was raised as an Italian and we can get kinda emotional at times (passionate?). One correction though, on the 07 team we always celebrate with good ole American suds.

Despite our misfortunes and mistakes I had a whole lot of fun last weekend and plan on making more frequent runs in the 07 at NSS in 2018. EJ from American Auto is doing amazing things with the Sportsman class there.

Darn, I wish I could have been there!

I hear tell that Phil-n-dem try to get thrown out of a Daytona go cart track during the Rolex weekend, maybe we can assist in that project in '18.

Sounds like fun!

The more the merrier! Not sure what the status of the Kart get together is currently. Speed Park across from Daytona International Speedway and behind Hooters is currently closed as far as I know. Not sure what is going on there.

I do know that our Camp in the infield at Rolex will be huge this year and we will be once again trying to take the top party spot designation from “Beer Town”

If you’re at the track for Rolex, come see us over in Turn 3! Just look for the big red party tents. We surely won’t be hard to spot! BYOB or drink with us! :ernaehrung004:

I will most certainly try to stop by, Phil. Thanks!

Fyi

Joe,

Bring your fire extinguisher.

All I know is I never saw Garrity’s car on fire before Phil showed up…

ps–Lil’ 500 in Maitland Florida has a greased “Fast Track”. About an hour south. The “officials” have whistles and turn red whilst blowing them.

I was getting thrown out of that joint before most, if not all of y’all was born.

(ps --Phil–They did not have wooden wheels and were Briggs powered)

If you see a big sign that says Welcome To Adamsville, you’re in the right spot!