Showtime Winternationals 1/21/18

It was a pretty good show in perfect Florida weather for any of you who missed it.Becca Monopoli took home the shortened Larry Moyer Memorial for the Pro Trucks.The event only started seven trucks so it was shortened from its scheduled sixty lap distance to thirty.James Glover finished second and was her only real challenger but once Becca got around him around the twenty lap mark she was gone and won easily.Glover finished in the runner up spot with Jason Lester taking third and providing the post race quote of the day.Yoho asked him in the post race how it felt to be back at Showtime after serving a suspension to which Lester replied pretty good "but I still think you’re mean."The 75 lap Superlate race fielded 22 starters with Jeff Scoffield in the field to create a stir and get the crowd talking.He played door tag with Michael Atwell on several occasions during the event and bumper tag with Jessie Dutilly twice under caution. In the end it didn’t help him in fact cost him a position because George Gorham slipped around him on a restart and at the stripe it was Atwell,Dutilly and Gorham one,two,three.Fourteen school buses started the figure eight with one getting on its side early and the 100 lap enduro started 30 plus refugees from a junkyard going from a standing start before reversing direction on a restart around lap fifty and then finishing the last thirty laps or so on a road course of sorts using part of the figure eight track.They managed to put one enduro car on its roof during the event.The Rick Sirman Memorial for the Modified Minis drew the biggest field of Mod Minis I have ever seen here in Florida with more than thirty in the pits.The #7 with one radical sounding cam came home the winner.All in all a good show and Yoho got everything in just before it would have been necessary to turn on the track lights.

It took a while for my memory to kick in but Clint Foley drove the #7 modified mini winner.

Clint foley was dq wayne Anderson won the mod mini race

Any idea why the dq?

His flywheel was too light, checked flywheel clutch pressure plate head and intake and carb on the 71 all was good

same old story.

The 75 lap Superlate race fielded 22 starters with Jeff Scoffield in the field to create a stir and get the crowd talking.He played door tag with Michael Atwell on several occasions during the event and bumper tag with Jessie Dutilly twice under caution. In the end it didn’t help him in fact cost him a position because George Gorham slipped around him on a restart and at the stripe it was Atwell,Dutilly and Gorham one,two,three.

Same old shit, just a new year! Maybe a good clean side by side race will get the crowd talking some day?

Yes maybe so

And I have to say I have never been a big Jeff Scoffield fan.I don’t care much for his driving style.But then again I was never a Dale Earnhardt Sr. fan and they posess the same driving style and garner the same kind of crowd reaction.And at this point in time it is something Florida short track racing desperately needs.Not just a guy the crowd loves to cheer but a guy the crowd loves to hate.That is a factor that has been missing for awhile and is lacking a lot of nights.Just like in baseball the Chicago Cubs bleacher bums or in the NFL the (horrible) Cleveland Browns dogpound are as much for rooting against the other team as they are rooting for their own.It brings people just to see what the fuss is all about.

Thanks for the great write up Zero. :slight_smile:

not a good comparison

I would have to say there is a zero comparison between these two. And I will just leave it at that.

I could be comparing apples to oranges

And personally I like nothing more than a side by side battle that comes down to a last lap pass determined by one guys ability to work through lapped traffic better than the other guy.I just don’t know if that alone is enough to draw a crowd anymore.