Another Visit to Citrus County Speedway 2-17-18

After changing my mind several different times about which track to attend, I decided to support a true down home program for our local drivers. Headed to Citrus county for the Wheelman Sportsman 50 lapper season opener. The only disappointment I have came after the show in trying to locate finishing order and maybe some other info on what was another great night of racing before a near packed house. 21 Wheelman Sportsman cars showed with (barring any dq’s) saw #3 Jesse Henley take the lead from #92 Joe Winchell on lap 45 and head to victory lane. Winchell 2nd, and#9 Brooke Storer (sp) finishing 3rd. Exciting race with some great racing. Great looking field of cars. First time I have seen this series and I will be back for more. 20 Mini Stocks saw #81 Brittany Hart take the win in another good race. Pure Stocks with 14 cars on hand saw James Peters #5 take the victory in the 25 lap feature with #22 Patterson 2nd and #11 Hall in 3rd. The ever fast Mod-minis saw Clint Foley best the 8 car field with #34 Richie Smith, driving a fantastic looking #34 finishing 2nd and Austin Craig in the 30 finishing 3rd. Another great night of racing at the Inverness track. Just wish Citrus would share a little more info on the races. Old time announcer Tony back behind the microphone for this event. Chicken strip basket loaded with fries is the best. Good racing, good eating, super night !!! See ya at the races …Thanks Citrus

It was another excellent evening at Citrus County Speedway

And the Sportsman main didn’t disappoint.Devin McLeod set fast time in sportsman and finished in fourth and was closing on Brooke Storer for third when the laps ran out.A sixteen car inversion buried him back in the field so all things considered a good run for him also.

And that is what the fans come to see. No one wants the fast cars starting up front, We all came to see a race, not follow the leader. We could see that at NSS. Great Job Citrus County Speedway and Wheelman Sportsman

I appreciate the kind words Zerofor.

I like the invert, and even though I know it will usually be a high number, I’ll go for the pole every time. I want to win every thing they’ve got lol.

But I will say…16 is a little steep :dry:

almost but not quite

Great attempt Devin. Sportsman Track record was announced at 14.075 and you took the pole with a 14.125. Almost got it !!! . Really don’t know what to think about the multi car qualifying. Do we like or do we not ??? Jury still out on my side…also like to note that Winchell came from 7th starting spot for second and Jesse Henley in #3 came from 13th for the win, and Brooke from 11th to 3rd. So yes, very much passing in the race. Still awaiting official finish from the track and/or Wheelman…

The Sportsman cars always put on a great show at Citrus. And we know Devin always does.
The total invert is a long, long standing tradition in many parts of the country and sure gives the fans a show for their money.

It WILL be broken this year!