Racefans do yourself a favor

well I agree with you groundpounder 100% would never buy a book or anything that had to do with drugs . and cant believe someone would compare moonshiners that started racing to drug dealers WOW!! and if so everybody knows I have to start a new thread because Boneman I believe has me blocked I cant reply to any of his post which I don’t care LOL if that’s why LOL . anyway my opinion on this book thing have a NICE DAY !!!

It’s all in your mind (but then, that is the only place that counts).

As far as I know, there were no hallucinogenics involved back in the day.

I bought the book, but have not read it yet. I am still finishing the book, “Hurley, From the Beginning”, Hurley Haywood’s biography. As most people know, he is gay, and this was sort of his coming out to the public. He lives down the street from my shop, and he has become a customer and a friend.

Errr…has he become a “close” friend??/ Heh Heh…:slight_smile:

This is a great thread diversion from the convicted drug smuggler selling books!

PS. I hope you can take a little joke…

[QUOTE=Groundpounder;177187]Errr…has he become a “close” friend??/ Heh Heh…:slight_smile:

This is a great thread diversion from the convicted drug smuggler selling books!

PS. I hope you can take a little joke…[/QUOTE]

I think you know that you can’t make me mad, I like you too much! :slight_smile:

I didn’t know you guys were gay

First Balough, now Haywood… am thinking some people just don’t like books, period.

ps–Trust me, Joe has umbrella girls following him around everywhere, he has no rain to deal with, no sun, no problem. An advantage to driving sporty cars.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/motogp-umbrella-girls?sort=mostpopular&mediatype=photography&phrase=motogp%20umbrella%20girls

No harm intended, just a little humor, you are a good sport.

Umbrella girls? Never heard of that…at least around here. You’ve been reading too much F-1 stuff.

Who said anything about the HHH book? You’re churning it here, friend…

Ya think? :engel016:

Watch This!!

ok,some have said they will read Gary Balough’s book some have said they won’t.How many will admit they don’t know how to read? lol( that includes ones that say they will)

Will someone please read 04’s post to the non-readers so they can respond?

“Umbrella girls? Never heard of that…at least around here. You’ve been reading too much F-1 stuff.”–GP

Let me catch you up. Whilst NASCAR has the Monster “Energy Girls”, F1 discontinued the umbrella girls.

And they all headed to Joe’s place to get their Porsches… serviced.

Comparing moonshiners to drug dealers WOW?? Seriously? It is LITERALLY the EXACT same crime. Just because Moonshiners talked with sweet southern accents doesn’t make their crime ANY different. Peddling an illegal drug is the SAME whether it’s liquid or in leaf form.

So when Marijuana becomes legal nationwide for recreational use then all those that dealt it can just be forgiven since they will no longer be considered “drug dealers” just entrepreneurs ahead of their time guess since that “crime” will no longer be valid.

Absolutely correct.

It is unclear who really were the good & who were the bad guys during prohibition (the revenuers ran Robert Mitchum through the nails on his last run, for instance).

And then there was the “Winston tastes good like a cigarette should” Cup sponsorship thing.

They are legal, but deadly, and a stimulant. And they handed them out by the truckload at the races.

IMO, the confusion is trying to assume that “legal” is the same as “morally correct”.

And although the laws change and the customs change, thankfully The Rule Book and true morals do not.

Y’all come back now, y’heah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ukOA994JzA

ps–I used to know an old boy from Kentucky in the 80’s, and “dry” (that is, alcohol is illegal) counties still existed.

Why? Because moonshine is still profitable. According to Charlie, the moonshiners were, let’s say, making contributions to the politicians to keep it that way so they could sell their stuff as one could not get Busch beer at the 7/11.

And 2018?

https://abc.ky.gov/Local-Information/Documents/Wet-Dry%20Map%206-17.pdf

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;177207]ps–I used to know an old boy from Kentucky in the 80’s, and “dry” (that is, alcohol is illegal) counties still existed.

Why? Because moonshine is still profitable. According to Charlie, the moonshiners were, let’s say, making contributions to the politicians to keep it that way so they could sell their stuff as one could not get Busch beer at the 7/11.

And 2018?

https://abc.ky.gov/Local-Information/Documents/Wet-Dry%20Map%206-17.pdf[/QUOTE]

When I raced at Road Atlanta in the '80s, we would have to drive to the next county to buy beer. It was funny when we walked into the country stores in Braselton, and ask where they kept the beer. The little old ladies looked at us like we were the devil!

Well Mark I have known a few guys who drank a lot more then they should . Most still alive . The friends I had that got caught up on illlegal drug coke ,meth etc . couldn?t stop or control it most of them are dead or living on the streets . Lost everything they had family money . No where near the same .

Seems like today’s crowd goes for stronger stuff and tolerates it less well than the hippie generation.

But from what the big boys tell me, it’s hard to OD on cannabis (Gary’s deal…anyone remember Balough?).

Have an old friend who drinks too much, but says funny things from time to time.

One of his witticisms: “Stupid people give drugs a bad name, man”.

I cannot argue with that.