Next Round for ORLANDO SPEEDWORLD

Could this work ? Can we all give the man another shot ? With Rusty’s help, I think that this could work. All Sunday shows, and just once a month. It’s time to step up to the plate, if you want to save the “O’l GIRL”, as Rusty would put it. First round is looking like Nov.4. We all need to reach out to eveyone that has ever been there before and try to bring them back. E-mods, Here is your chance to be the Showstopper. Do you want it ? Now is the time to prove it. We need your help, we can’t do it without your you. So, What is it going to be?

What It Be

Not the next round, the same round, sort of like Halloween & Linus waiting for the “great pumpkin”.

I would not rule out attending a Sunday show, but if it is A) hot, or B) has an emod headliner with 7 cars, I got better things to do.

Like loaf after a Saturday night of pushing race cars around and stuff.

Still, IF there is a race on Nov. 4, I wish them success–and continued success.

ps–The crate mods need another name. “E-mod” suggests Tesla power, and “limited” is out… “Hobby-mods” is not good.

I dunno, maybe just “modifieds”. Otherwise they have one strike against them before they even tow to the track, spectator wise.

And somehow, they need to get a bunch of them. That is frequently the advantage of the Sportsman cars–there is typically a big field.

All just my frequently flawed opinion, of course.

E-Mod name change

How does Sport-Mod sound instead of E-Mod?

crate modifieds like crate late models

This is Rusty’s anouncement at Facebook

I copied this so all can see. It is from Orlando Speedworld Oval Track Face Book Page

Rusty Marcus
September 13 at 8:37 AM

Orlando SpeedWorld to return to racing :grinning::grinning::grinning:
While our meeting was cut a bit short, OSW WILL reopen ! Details will follow! Nov 4 Sunday will be a trophy run day, like we did years ago! This will be the “shakedown”. Any and ALL divisions will run that day! We just need to know what divisions will be the so we can get trophies :).
Beginning 2019 we will run once a month! Staple divisions will be Bandolero, Legend, Stricktly Stock, Bomber , Super Stock,including Camaro, Firebird and Nova’s, Mod Mini and Sportsman!
We will also host other divisions,
We will gladly welcome other divisions and bigger races as sponsors dictate :grinning:
We WILL be starting slow , nothing is out if the question! OSW will NEVER compete against NSS as per owner Ozzy Moya! If you want to hold a special event we can run it any day or night you like ,as long as no conflict! Improvements are in the works with many more to come! We ask for your patience and hope to earn your respect :). I think Ozzy is as excited as we are to get this old girl back up and running! It will NOT be covered in dirt lol
Hope to see you there, this is OUR chance to keep a great track going!

ProTrucks too would be nice.

ProTrucks too![QUOTE=buddman1;177391]I copied this so all can see. It is from Orlando Speedworld Oval Track Face Book Page

Rusty Marcus
September 13 at 8:37 AM

Orlando SpeedWorld to return to racing :grinning::grinning::grinning:
While our meeting was cut a bit short, OSW WILL reopen ! Details will follow! Nov 4 Sunday will be a trophy run day, like we did years ago! This will be the “shakedown”. Any and ALL divisions will run that day! We just need to know what divisions will be the so we can get trophies :).
Beginning 2019 we will run once a month! Staple divisions will be Bandolero, Legend, Stricktly Stock, Bomber , Super Stock,including Camaro, Firebird and Nova’s, Mod Mini and Sportsman!
We will also host other divisions,
We will gladly welcome other divisions and bigger races as sponsors dictate :grinning:
We WILL be starting slow , nothing is out if the question! OSW will NEVER compete against NSS as per owner Ozzy Moya! If you want to hold a special event we can run it any day or night you like ,as long as no conflict! Improvements are in the works with many more to come! We ask for your patience and hope to earn your respect :). I think Ozzy is as excited as we are to get this old girl back up and running! It will NOT be covered in dirt lol
Hope to see you there, this is OUR chance to keep a great track going![/QUOTE]

Osw

ProTrucks too would be nice.

Good luck, Rusty!

As you probably know, Speedworld always ran on Friday nights and Orlando Speedway before that…

One more thought on the crate mods–IMO, one of the things that makes the Sportsman cars interesting is the “outlaw” bodywork (actually, there are getting to be more rules on that stuff all the time, but for now we will ignore that).

“But the mods are already fairly open, body wise” you may say.

One word (or two, maybe): Sideboards! Big sheets of lexan and “venetian blind” multiple slat rear wings.

Probably the interest generated would be greater than the cost of the plastic, and the air is free.

ps–Boneman wants soap in the bathrooms and Monte Carlos to go with the Camaros & Novas!

Super Late Models hopefully, New Smyrna Speedway, Citrus County Speedway, Auburndale Speedway the only tracks in central Florida running Lates.

Are the Sunday shows run only for the benefit of the racers, or will the grandstands actually be open too?

OldSchool wrote; [I]ps–The crate mods need another name. “E-mod” suggests Tesla power, and “limited” is out… “Hobby-mods” is not good.

I dunno, maybe just “modifieds”. Otherwise they have one strike against them before they even tow to the track, spectator wise.
[/I]

How about the “Pro Mods”- kind of like how the Pro Late Models are to the Super Late Models. :ernaehrung004:

one thing with the E- mods if they are going to run crate motors. they need to run the 4bbl carburetor like crate motor was designed too. same carb as sportsman. not 2 bbl with a adapter. one problem will be are the E-mods still out there? are the guys willing to put a e-mod back together with out a guaranteed for next year they will run a full season . the last e-mod race I looked it up was 4 years ago WOW !! time fly’s they had 18 E-mods at osw . you know its great they are trying thanks to rusty . but the negative here is ozzie I just listen to the the internet interview. I think it will be the no different because nothing has changed at osw . I think that rusty should do a poll and see who will actually commit to go and bring what classes they are trying to run . and I think crate mods sound better . take care and keep turning left shorttrackcar1 out!! till next time.

Maybe silly questions, maybe not… BUT

Has anyone fixed the light pole with no light? Has anyone fixed the scoreboard? Are the concessions and bathrooms up to par? :confused:

Great Balls-O-Fire, it’s Phil Jacques!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g

I believe the unadorned light pole is symbolic.

Tis I, yes. Sorry between work and being a one man crew for the racecar I can’t live in here like days of old lol

[QUOTE=Phil Jacques;177466]Maybe silly questions, maybe not… BUT

Has anyone fixed the light pole with no light? Has anyone fixed the scoreboard? Are the concessions and bathrooms up to par? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Not that anyone has said what do you think ? last I heard was someone wanted to do a race last year and went out there to look and said it was in to bad of shape to do it .

I was at Speedworld in May testing a car. The track looked great! A massive amount of the pit area has been paved, along with most of the infield. I don’t think there was anything done to the horrible pit bathrooms, and since it was daytime, I didn’t notice the symbolic light pole.

The boards in the stands are painted black…not sure why, but whatever. The track surface is still in good shape and the track remains the raciest one in the state, IMHO.

[QUOTE=Boneman;177480]I was at Speedworld in May testing a car. The track looked great! A massive amount of the pit area has been paved, along with most of the infield. I don’t think there was anything done to the horrible pit bathrooms, and since it was daytime, I didn’t notice the symbolic light pole.

The boards in the stands are painted black…not sure why, but whatever. The track surface is still in good shape and the track remains the raciest one in the state, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

The track is great no arguing that at all, but the surrounding amenities need to be taken care of. Everyone isn’t just going to follow the yellow brick road to the land of Oz(zy)… There needs to be effort put in for fans and drivers alike to feel like it’s worth their time to make the effort to go there.

A similar issue is taking place here… The once mighty New London Waterford Speedbowl is struggling to get car counts over 10 per division in many cases. Why? Poor management, lack of stability and no promise of tomorrow as well as just an overall lack of car for the facility have driven people away.

Reopening a place like this doesn’t magically make all the people come running right back. This is a book that has been opened and closed many times already (even under current ownership).

Ozzy and Rusty need to really show they mean this… I don’t question Rusty, but I do question Ozzy. Put up full field purses on par with NSS as a start… Trophies are a great memory, but the paycheck at the end of the night helps you get to the next event. Clean the place up… I was there in November of last year and again in January and am not sure much has changed up until now. Paved pits are great, and a rarity in FL it seems, but clean bathrooms, good concessions, working signage and scoring systems and other little things are things that will really help the fans (and teams) enjoy the overall experience.

OSW is the North Wilkesboro of FL right now. Tons of potential but you can’t just turn the lights on (or at least ones that actually work) and expect everyone to show up again.

[QUOTE=Boneman;177480]I was at Speedworld in May testing a car. The track looked great! A massive amount of the pit area has been paved, along with most of the infield. I don’t think there was anything done to the horrible pit bathrooms, and since it was daytime, I didn’t notice the symbolic light pole.

The boards in the stands are painted black…not sure why, but whatever. The track surface is still in good shape and the track remains the raciest one in the state, IMHO.[/

well actually what was paved was not for the racers. the back field was paved for the drifter’s to drift on. you can clearly see that in the google earth view of the track. you can see where they have been drifting on it . wouldn’t painting the stands black cause them to be vary hot on a sunny day? I agree with what Phil is saying .