SRX vs NASCAR

If you have been watching Tony Stewart’s SRX iroc-ish series and NASCAR, which do you prefer?

I know my answer. Watching Paul Tracy’s buffoonery is far more interesting than the track crew pouring bondo on the racetrack at Atlanta.

And although Ray Evernham has indicated that SRX will remain a 6 race series, the SRX racing has shown (me) that if a viable big-time short track series came along, it could arguably replace NASCAR.

NASCAR’s deal has been slipping for years, and they have increasingly gone to a “European” model and ignored the traditional racers (ie–us).

Hopefully NASCAR has a dashboard full of warning lights and will tack towards SRX style racing, but then, the handwriting on the wall has never influenced them before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92iTIGQz3bo

If so, share your thoughts if you like.

Srx

They should have made this a 12 race series. The races have been awesome. The racing is great. Bill and Willy are really done, get rid of them and bring in some more stars like, Harvick, Busch, Vettel, Chastain, and Juan Pablo Montoya.

It definitely needs to go bigger on the dates.Six is too few.Likewise twelve cars on track is about at least a half dozen too few at the minimum.Otherwise it seems they’ve found a level of success that is probably at least what they had hoped for.

The series is a great contrast to long, rigid NASCAR races, and beautifully illustrates that we are in the entertainment business, and are not just a sporting contest.

SRX=Contrived BS

Indeed. Along with global warming, NASCAR, rebuilding “infrastructure”, and on and on.

The question is–do you like the contrived bs?

The massive karnac score is currently 4 to 1.

Guess we can make it 5 to 1 .