Desoto Board

I heard John is trashing me on his board. I don’t feel I need to qualify what he says by a response but i guess I want all of the people I have done bussiness with to know the truth. I never said any thing derogatory about John and will not here. I want you all to know I filed state taxes every year I worked at Desoto. I have records to back that up. There is absolutly no way John could be held responsible for my taxes. He never has and never will have any thing at all to do with my bussiness. For those of you that don’t know what I am talking about, go to the Desoto board and look at what he is saying. I don’t know what his problem is but I frankly don’t care any more. I am sorry to put this on a racing forum, but I won’t post on his board. I love our sport and will support it till the day I die. Thank you Bob…

Bob,

I usually refrain from posting any response on a message board that I can’t personally back-up or testify to from experience (Comics Corner Forums excluded of course) but I just couldn’t let this pass.

I have seen the accusation you’re referring to.

I know you and I have communicated on this board but quite honestly, I don’t know you personally from Adam’s house cat. Neither do I know John whats-his-name that apparently runs Desoto Speedway.

However, I do know one thing. Anyone that posts personal derogatory information about someone, whether it has any validity or not, is a bottom dweller IMO.

Further, given that I have equal experience with you both at this point, my gut feeling tells me to go “all in” on your side. My money’s on you Bob.

Don’t stress yourself out on this.

Remember the Goerge Bernard Shaw quote: “I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”

Jim is right Bob. From what I read on that board, there is no support for John.
You got a lot of friends over there so don’t worry about John. He just put another nail in his tracks coffin…LATER.:ernaehrung004:
—JIM----

What a schmuck.

Bob…luckily, you know how everyone feels about you and the raw deal you received and the crap you had to endure just for the opportunity to supply the racers with a keepsake of their accomplishments at Desoto SPEEDWAY.

Anyone who couldn’t see that you were there more for the love of the sport and the friends you met than for the monster profit you were reeling in from the sales. I guess some folks want to shake the tablecloth for even the smallest crumbs though.

Although it does raise a question. Why is DSP having to talk to the state about unpaid back sales taxes? Hmmmm…

Keep your head up, Robert…(I liked Mr. Fenton’s quote)

Oooops !!!

Good point OJ. Sounds like someone is going through a Dept. of Revenue Sales Tax audit. My company went through one a few years back. They were there for three days and tore through all records for three years. My accountant was on the ball and we were clean, but what a mess.
Over 3 million in sales and only found errors of 720 dollars. John may have some problems…Film at 11…
------JIM-----

Bob, I’ve never met you either but I think you can tell from the posts that you are well respected. Anyone that has been around for awhile already knows the reputation that the owner of Desoto Speedway has. Keep your head up. I think Dale Yarborough paraphrased the George Bernard Shaw quote: You can wrestle with a pig but you’ll both get dirty and the pig likes it. (At least something like that.)

Hang in the man. John doesn’t have a clue what truth and what is fiction. He for sure has no idea what right and wrong are.:sprachlos020:

Never argue with an idiot. They’ll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!