Attn Mini Stocks

In an effort to increase our series participation we have decided that an addendum to our current rules is warranted. ANY mini stock that has the stock frame firewall floorpan and stock steel body will receive a 200 lb. weight break. You must still adhere to the rules governing the other aspects of competition. Hopefully this will allow those who felt “uncompetitive” to get out and race. Therefore the minimum weight will be adjusted as needed. Also, the payoff for the FMSC has been changed. We will pay $500.00 to win, gradual step down thru the field and will pay $100.00 to start. Thanks and let’s get this series back on it’s feet.If you would like, contact me with any questions @ racinggoodyear@aol.com
Scott Jackman
Series Director FMSC

[QUOTE=RacingFascar;5859]In an effort to increase our series participation we have decided that an addendum to our current rules is warranted. ANY mini stock that has the stock frame firewall floorpan and stock steel body will receive a 200 lb. weight break. You must still adhere to the rules governing the other aspects of competition. Hopefully this will allow those who felt “uncompetitive” to get out and race. Therefore the minimum weight will be adjusted as needed. Also, the payoff for the FMSC has been changed. We will pay $500.00 to win, gradual step down thru the field and will pay $100.00 to start. Thanks and let’s get this series back on it’s feet.If you would like, contact me with any questions @ racinggoodyear@aol.com
Scott Jackman
Series Director FMSC[/QUOTE]

This still doesnt really fix things. I dont know of a stock floorpan car with the stock steel body that will ever see the weight of 2050. I think the best we can get our cars is around 2080 and thats with aluminum doors and trunklid. not to mention it would handle like doo doo with out any lead to get some decent left side weight. The key is to ADD weight to cars with tube chassis.

99.99% of the ministocks with a stock floorpan will still not be eligible for the weight break due to at least some for of aftermarket body panel I.E. doors, hood, fender, nose or tail.

Just as always my .02

Oh yeah, the 10,000 motors dont help any either.

What i see here is a sanctioning body that has no absolute clue about a ministock picking what people need. Or they are listening to only a few who think they know what is best.

Glad to see Scott and Fascar trying to resurrect ths FMSC. And ovalracer needs to stay in S.C., no need for anymore negativity then Florida already has in short track racing, must think POSITIVE to get positive. Steps in a right direction. I know we will be attending some races with the FMSC.
Mark

I’m also glad to see some effort put into the series. I sure hope it gets back on its feet, and I’ll try to make a few races too. That ought to sell some tickets! lol.

Oval racer does have a point. I’ve owned several steel bodied minis and there was no way I had 200 pounds of lead to drop. Perhaps a compromise is in order: a 100 pound weight break for the steel bodied cars, and a 100 pound penalty for the tube cars.

[QUOTE=mark41;5915]Glad to see Scott and Fascar trying to resurrect ths FMSC. And ovalracer needs to stay in S.C., no need for anymore negativity then Florida already has in short track racing, must think POSITIVE to get positive. Steps in a right direction. I know we will be attending some races with the FMSC.
Mark[/QUOTE]

I am being positive. Point one part out where I have said something untrue. No car with a full floorpan from strut tower to rear shocks, full factory steel body and a safely constructed cage will ever see the weight of 2050.

I have raced many different tracks with many different rulesets. The florida rulebook is by far the most expensive one I have ever run under in the ministock division. The ideas in place are obviously not working. 8 cars for the first race of the season? That is pathetic. Like I said before I will stay up here and race. No skin off my nose, I have 2 cars that are legal to run at many tracks, and have no problem going somewhere else. Just remember when you have 10 cars and you make one car not want to come back, you have lost 10% of your division. A 10% drop in business at many places leads to re evaluation of the practices of the business.

I have no problem spending the money it takes to be at the front. Its the people that cant afford it that I am trying to look out for.